kan air /?

opalred

2 hours ago, abab said:

I wonder who is the millionaire or billionaire behind this airline ?

Captain Somphong Sooksanguan (ร้อยเอก สมพงษ์ สุขสงวน ).

Information is quite scarce.

Probably a former air force rank?

One report from 2013 says that he had spent 200 million Baht of "his own" money for K.P. airport. And at that time already searching for external money/participation.

And he still is searching for partners.

Looks like he is not successful and ran out of money.

215BD9163BE141BFB4630DAF53F788B3.JPG

somphong.jpg

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Captain Somphong Sooksanguan (ร้อยเอกสมพงษ์).

Information is quite scarce.

Probably a former air force rank?

One report from 2013 says that he had spent 200 million Baht of "his own" money for K.P. airport. And at that time already searching for external money/participation.

And he still is searching for partners.

Looks like he is not successful and ran out of money.

215BD9163BE141BFB4630DAF53F788B3.JPG

somphong.jpg

Geeze 200 million bahts and you want to get into the airline business? Crazy. I would not even buy any airline stock although at the moment repeat moment some are doing OK. 

3 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

hmmm... I tried to book a flight with these people but they were too tired to answer the phone.....so I'm not surprised to read this

Thats Thailand. One bank I deal with here closed their branch here (I can understand why. Whenever I walked in there was no need to take a queue number) They never notified me of their closing or where my account went to. I tried their "call" centre and got a recording. 

5 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Thats Thailand. One bank I deal with here closed their branch here (I can understand why. Whenever I walked in there was no need to take a queue number) They never notified me of their closing or where my account went to. I tried their "call" centre and got a recording. 

Oh dear. Your account went to the closest branch to the one that was closed, where it sits waiting for you to raid it.

If that's a bridge too far, you go there once, close the account and put the moolah in a bank which is more conveniently located.

Please excuse me while I turn on the aircon. I have a warm glow from helping out a fellow senior TV member.:sorry:

36 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Oh dear. Your account went to the closest branch to the one that was closed, where it sits waiting for you to raid it.

If that's a bridge too far, you go there once, close the account and put the moolah in a bank which is more conveniently located.

Please excuse me while I turn on the aircon. I have a warm glow from helping out a fellow senior TV member.:sorry:

Good to know and I kind of figured that. This bank in my dealings with it puts the term country bumpkin to shame its just so incredible that they can operate as a bank. I phoned the call centre again today and was told the branch was open. So we went there and the door was papered over. I emailed their customer contact site twice no answer. Just incredible. 

21 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Geeze 200 million bahts and you want to get into the airline business? Crazy. I would not even buy any airline stock although at the moment repeat moment some are doing OK. 

The airlines in America are making record profits. And they get to mess with the customers too. : )