Move aside UBER - here comes the new Red Bus app in Chiang Mai - UBAR!

webfact

Move aside UBER - here comes the new Red Bus app in Chiang Mai - UBAR!

1am.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

CHIANG MAI: -- A new application has appeared purporting to be the fast and efficient way to get around in Chiang Mai - UBAR.

The app blurb says it s easy to use, no fees, no registration and can be downloaded for iOS and Android. The app claims to be the best way to call a red bus.

On the face of it, it seems a natural reaction to all the problems faced by Uber and other firms like GrabCar that have yet to receive the blessing of the land department - a way for the rival red baht buses in the city to strike back at the new kids on the block.

But Thai Rath indicated that all is not what it might appear in their report. The news organization reported that when an app review service tried to access the Ubar application it was not actually functional.

It appears that it may be an April fool just a bit late. Or an unusual case of Thai irony at work.

Though the app claims that it is offering a "community service" for the good of people online Thai Rath noted that an app for red buses in Chiang Mai called CMtransit was already launched some time ago.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-25

4 hours ago, wxpwzrd said:

Probably will end up being nicknamed FUBAR

DAMN u beat me to it and i was so happy to have thought of it...dangit

Well i can see somchai now...dumping me out in a chase to go get 10 chinese

so he can charge them 100 bt each....of course all red truck drivers own a smartphone too!

All u have to do is watch them when the chinese SHOVE their phones in to the faces of

these drivers daily......oh  yes..of course..you want to go to xxxxx..welcome aboard my friend!

Lastly of course leave it to thais to simply COPY an  idea instead of improving their own...:saai:

Naturally there will be a star rating system and all prices will be fair--the same and reasonable!

3 hours ago, chinostar said:

Chiangmai should get rid of those pesky red vans, they smell, pollute and have bad driving skills, actually none!

I put the tuk tuks on TOP of that list......esp when they do the chinese tour convoy.....choke :sick:

All I see is a river of taxis streaming down the main road where I live..I don't think they will ever make in Thailand ? Too much Tech when you can just flag a cab.Also Thai taxis will up the bar to compete any way..Uber should be a big hit in places like  Dubai..Saudi Arabia..where there are a lot of up scale people whom love  on demand service.Uber belongs in San Francisco where I am from..

They got the wrong target and business model: with a name like UBAR, they should be delivering bar girls. :clap2:

They have one APP/website like this is Bangkok already: order confirmed, track your delivery, lot of features :whistling: