Thai dancer stabs himself to death on stage in Chiang Mai

webfact

Thai dancer stabs himself to death on stage in Chiang Mai

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

CHIANG MAI: -- A Thai cultural dancer performing a classic routine stabbed himself to death with a sword in front of hundreds of spectators Monday.

Theparit Palee, 25, was performing an annual dance called "Forn Pee Mot" for locals at the Pa Sak Khwang housing estate in San Kamphaeng district, reported Thai Rath.

To the horror of onlookers he collapsed after he stabbed himself in the chest with a sword.

Medics tried to revive him before he was rushed to the local hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

San Kamphaeng police arrived at the hospital where the victim was already dead covered in blood.

The troupe, composed of men and women from many locations had been performing dances since morning when the incident occurred.

The body was released to relatives as there were no suspicious circumstances.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-25

Phi Mot , Phi Meng is usually the local spirit mediums get together. As the article says, they do "dance" all day ; it is based around local mediums who are possessed by ancestor spirits.

Can't say I have seen any of these let loose with knives before.

Sad to read about this death, what we need is more people trained in Mental Health First Aid, then perhaps some one may have been able to provide support to this individual,. who is offering support to his family and friend ?  

I have recently moved to Chiang Mai and will open and offer professional mental health support.

Colin Hudson

2 minutes ago, ColinHudson said:

Sad to read about this death, what we need is more people trained in Mental Health First Aid, then perhaps some one may have been able to provide support to this individual,. who is offering support to his family and friend ?  

I have recently moved to Chiang Mai and will open and offer professional mental health support.

Colin Hudson

2 minutes ago, ColinHudson said:

Colin Hudson

Good on you Colin Nothing like a bit of free advertising

On 4/25/2017 at 7:27 PM, Happyman58 said:

Hope the crowd did not applaud thinking it was part of the show Nothing like realism these days to get crowd reaction

I remember the night Tommy Cooper died.

Where's the video? 

Apparently this had nothing to do with mental health; the sword was supposed to snap off as he applied pressure to his chest, but the equipment failed. 

Sorry Colin....

Edited by Trujillo

On 4/28/2017 at 2:24 PM, Trujillo said:

Where's the video? 

Apparently this had nothing to do with mental health; the sword was supposed to snap off as he applied pressure to his chest, but the equipment failed. 

Sorry Colin....

Oh it was all part of the play wow Talk  about realism