Theft Insurance For Laptop?

8i8

hi experts...

i've had two laptops stolen from me in the past, and now i'm about to buy a third!!!

i'll buy one of those cable locks, but i would like to get insurance for it, too...

does anyone know where i could get insurance in bangkok? how much should it cost?

i'm going to spend most of my time here in thailand, but i'll be traveling with it as well...

thanx,

d

:o

hi experts...

i've had two laptops stolen from me in the past, and now i'm about to buy a third!!!

i'll buy one of those cable locks, but i would like to get insurance for it, too...

does anyone know where i could get insurance in bangkok? how much should it cost?

i'm going to spend most of my time here in thailand, but i'll be traveling with it as well...

thanx,

d

if u don't mind me asking... how and where did you get two laptops stolen? tx!

errrr

case one: on a train in india.... left my computer with my mother while i went to the toilet for 5 minutes. a group of beggars/dancers created a distraction while the bag was snatched...

case two: from a rented flat in israel. went to a job interview, got a phone call from the police saying they were in my flat!! the neighbor called them when she heard my door being broken down...

i don't like acers, and i (still) don't have a household content policy...

d

Get some travel insurance. Much cheaper and covers most things. I had a laptop stolen from my office in Bangkok only to be told that it wasn't covered by my insurance.

I doubt travel insurance will cover the high value of a notebook computer.