Jump to content

Mad cop caught on tape - now he wants to get the Facebook poster!


webfact

Recommended Posts

Mad cop caught on tape - now he wants to get the Facebook poster!

 

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

 

KRABI: -- A Krabi policeman who was caught on tape taking a kick at some rubbish said a car pulled out on him making him come off his bike.

 

But CCTV footage later obtained appeared to back up the view that the car driver was not in the wrong.

 

The policeman had simply come off his bike.

 

Now as the clip does the rounds of social media the policeman has threatened the driver's friend who posted the CCTV footage, reported Daily News.

 

The clip showed Siriporn Solaem, 22, in her white car, looking for a parking space. She had to cross the road to find a spot.

 

The policeman falls off his bike at low speed then gets up and kicks out at some trash, clearly very agitated.

 

Siriporn said that he demanded 2,000 baht for damage to his bike and injury to two children who were on the back.

 

She was not sure at the time if she was in the wrong.

 

But when a friend asked a shop for their CCTV footage she seemed to be vindicated.

 

Wen it was posted online and so many people commented the policeman called the friend through Facebook messenger to say he would take action against her.

 

Siriporn told Daily News Online she wants to let the matter rest.

 

Source: Daily News

 
tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-26
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

it was clearly his fault. Even the silver car pulls out long before he is on the scene. the woman in the white car was no where near it, her mistake was trying to help! The cop is a dick, 3 people on  a bike and seems the passengers weren't wearing helmets. He only gets angry because he realises what a dick he is and has lost face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know...she was blocking the road causing him to slow down unexpectedly and lose control.

 

 

1) He was likely going too fast and not paying attention

 

2) She likely did not see him coming in her blind spot and was also at fault by pulling out

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So this self-important <deleted> just walks away from his kids who were on the bike, his precious ego far more important than their welfare. My sympathies to the kids for their misfortune (you know what I mean). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

everybody should have the duty to take movies about police showing bad behaviour.

This would help the police having a good reputation and doing a good job. (that's what they want, I guess?)

In their job they have to be an example of righteousness and kind behaviour.

If they fail they need to be named and shamed so police could get rid of those who are not qualified.

They should not be allowed to sue defamation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sweatalot said:

everybody should have the duty to take movies about police showing bad behaviour.

This would help the police having a good reputation and doing a good job. (that's what they want, I guess?)

In their job they have to be an example of righteousness and kind behaviour.

If they fail they need to be named and shamed so police could get rid of those who are not qualified.

They should not be allowed to sue defamation.

correct, they are accountable to the public, video footage will either prove he did nothing wrong or ............... otherwise, it is time the top brass went public to encourage the public to expose wrong doing just like they are now offering rewards for the public to report criminal activity and traffic violations.

 

It is time the police realised they are accountable to the public for their actions 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Defamation - I've learnt a whole new meaning to that word, which appears to have made an appearance in Thailand by popular demand during the recent past.  I always thought if somebody posted a video that was a true account of any misdemeanour, it can't be defamation.  But, it seems that in Thailand, showing somebody acting out of character like an adult behaving like a 2 year old is wrong.

 

This "saving face" has gone too far.  If a person didn't act like that, there wouldn't be any videos to post.  Admitting you were in the wrong is a good quality in most people's eyes.  Just accept the ridicule and get on with whatever you were doing.  Life's too short!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, wxpwzrd said:

As much as we already see on a daily basis, this is still just the beginning. 

YEP , there is is again  , QUALITY OFFICERS OF THE LAW..... "yikes"  give me a break .....bada bada bing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thais in a bit of a dilemma here. Defamation law needed by politicians and the corrupt to avoid exposure but now being used by people from the low end of society as well. What to do? Suffer the nonsense exposed every day or revise the law and weaken the trump cards of the rich and powerful? Ah - never mind the stupidity exposed, just ignore the problem and keep the laws for the use of those they were originally intended

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Siriporn said that he demanded 2,000 baht for damage to his bike and injury to two children who were on the back.

Two children on the back? He would have to be taking the metaphorical pee pee claiming for damage to compensate for his own gross stupidity, never mind his own law breaking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Moti24 said:

Defamation - I've learnt a whole new meaning to that word, which appears to have made an appearance in Thailand by popular demand during the recent past.  I always thought if somebody posted a video that was a true account of any misdemeanour, it can't be defamation.  But, it seems that in Thailand, showing somebody acting out of character like an adult behaving like a 2 year old is wrong.

 

This "saving face" has gone too far.  If a person didn't act like that, there wouldn't be any videos to post.  Admitting you were in the wrong is a good quality in most people's eyes.  Just accept the ridicule and get on with whatever you were doing.  Life's too short!

 

 

You're just realising that Thailand  has its own interpretation of defamation, whether libel or slander? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sweatalot said:

everybody should have the duty to take movies about police showing bad behaviour.

This would help the police having a good reputation and doing a good job. (that's what they want, I guess?)

In their job they have to be an example of righteousness and kind behaviour.

If they fail they need to be named and shamed so police could get rid of those who are not qualified.

They should not be allowed to sue defamation.

'If they fail they need to be named and shamed so police could get rid of those who are not qualified.' Not sure even the RTP could operate that short of manpower.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, sweatalot said:

everybody should have the duty to take movies about police showing bad behaviour.

This would help the police having a good reputation and doing a good job. (that's what they want, I guess?)

In their job they have to be an example of righteousness and kind behaviour.

If they fail they need to be named and shamed so police could get rid of those who are not qualified.

They should not be allowed to sue defamation.

Setting a fine example indeedy....

4fYUM3kiCe0808110800.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

You're just realising that Thailand  has its own interpretation of defamation, whether libel or slander? 

No!  I'm just realising that people are using this defamation crap like they are buying candy from a corner shop.  The Hi-Sos have been into this game for quite a time, but now the small-fry are catching-on that there's money to be made by acting like a tosser in public.

 

There's no end to money-making schemes in Thailand.  I just hope the judges will see the defendants for what they really are and throw all the cases out of court.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...