One again- Visa Options?

Greeting!

Due to unforeseen issues (work outside of Thailand), I’m in a bit of visa dilemma. I’ve been in a relationship with a Thai lady for quite a few years, and have a house in Northern Thailand. I don’t really want to get married (no children and we’re both the same age, so it’s kind of pointless in IMHO) and go that route.  I have other income from outside of Thailand coming in, but I may be working outside Thailand again in a few months. Other than a tourist visa, is a non-o possible?  I’m worried about getting another extension on my visa exempt.

Nationality: USA

May 2016-May 2017(1 year –worried about”180 day” rule

All of my entries have been by air.

2016-July-August visa exempt 30+extension at Jomtien

2017- Feb-March my local immigration office (25 days out)

I’m currently on a visa exempt that ends next week.

Could I apply for a non-o in Savannakhet? Documents?

Thanks.

You would only be able to get a single entry non-o visa in Savannakhet. Not sure you would be able to get one there at the moment for being over 50. From info I have it seems they will want to see some money in the bank and income proof from an embassy.

You could use your income form working outside the country to meet the 65k bath income requirement for an extension of stay based upon retirement. You could easily get a income affidavit at US embassy in Bangkok or the consulate in Chiang Mai.

Dependent upon where you are located you could do a conversion to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at your local immigration office by showing the proof of 65k baht income. Then apply for a one year extension of stay during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry. If you needed to travel during the 90 days you could get a single re-entry permit for the remainder of the 90 day entry.

After getting the extension you would need a re-entry permit to keep your extension valid. A multiple re-entry permit costs 3800 baht.

18 minutes ago, JesusonaPogoStick said:

May 2016-May 2017(1 year –worried about”180 day” rule

There is no 180 day rule. There is no written limit on the number of visa exempt entries you can do by air.