Man climbs utility pole, cries due to poverty woes

webfact

Man climbs utility pole, cries due to poverty woes

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

2_9R46Woq-e1493274208512.jpg

Athit Baanyuu, 31, climbs on electric wires 12-meters high Thursday morning in Prachuap Khiri Khan as an emergency official coaxes him down from a bucket truck.

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN — A crying man climbed up a utility pole early Thursday morning due to what he described to be poverty woes, having to be coaxed down by local police.

At about 3am, police received calls that Athit Baanyuu, 31, had climbed up an electricity pole in front of Tamonglai Resort and was wailing for local residents to hear about how his wage of 300 baht a day was not enough for him to send back to his mother.

Source: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/04/27/man-climbs-utility-pole-cries-due-poverty-woes-video/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-04-27

Poor man must have been in some state to even think about climbing an electric pole.

Probably getting hassled by his mother to send money home, and only getting 300 baht a day, barely enough for him to live on let alone having money spare to send home.

How people survive on 300 baht a day is beyond me. I certainly could not do it, and i dont drink/smoke.

7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Probably getting hassled by his mother to send money home, and only getting 300 baht a day, barely enough for him to live on let alone having money spare to send home.

His isaan sisters have it easier.

Recently, 'stress' in Thai males seems have manifested itself in a bizarre desire to climb around on the power wires. What's going on?

P.S. I suppose it's marginally better than the cordless bungee jumping farangs do from their 18th floor Pattaya condo. ermm.gif

Archived