traffic ticket

Well after driving thousands of km in Thailand I finally got my first ticket, road check about 20 km east of Rayong, they got me for an extended load, I had four three inch wooden poles hanging over my box, 1000 baht fine, christ I can beat the shit out of someone and only get fined 500 baht, wasn't too happy especially the Thai driver in front of me had a load of rebar steel hanging out the back of his truck and only got fined 200 baht, in fact every Thai that got pulled over it was 200 baht, had a hard time keeping my mouth shut, officer was very friendly, I guess it was the end of the month and they needed some beer money, oh yeah I did get a receipt end of rant, time for some beer

Just now, grollies said:

You got a receipt so do the same as me. My first fine in Lam Mae Phim THB200 for no licence, framed and hung on wall. Come on mate, THB1,000 ok, but hey......

I live five minutes from Lam Mae Phim

Cameras are now being fitted at road junctions controlled by traffic lights to catch the red light jumping brigade in Nakhon Sawan. The fine arrives by post, typically 800bts according to local LINE users.

Perhaps this will concentrate the mind of a few more.

5 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Different fines for different breaches, you got a receipt so doubt there was any "farang rorting" going on.

Did the Thai's get receipts as well ?

YES, found out latter, they also got me for not paying taxes on the vehicle on time, thought I had until June, but they were actually due in February,  went to the DLT today and got it all straightened out, bought the vehicle on June 3rd of last year so thought I had one year, my bad

On 4/28/2017 at 7:29 PM, flexomike said:

YES, found out latter, they also got me for not paying taxes on the vehicle on time, thought I had until June, but they were actually due in February,  went to the DLT today and got it all straightened out, bought the vehicle on June 3rd of last year so thought I had one year, my bad

And that 'later' was between Thursday when you posted the OP and Friday when you posted this update?

If not, you should have mentioned in your OP you were fined for multiple offences, im stead of implying you received a farang price.

On 4/29/2017 at 8:25 PM, stevenl said:

And that 'later' was between Thursday when you posted the OP and Friday when you posted this update?

If not, you should have mentioned in your OP you were fined for multiple offences, im stead of implying you received a farang price.

Sorry I was under the impression that my load was the problem, did not realise that all I actually got fined for was one infraction, expired sticker, I went to the DLT the next day and took care of it sorry for my original rant, fine for expired tabs is baht 1000, will never happen again, promise