Anyone Else Feeling The Chill?

Jai Dee

I'm actually using the heater in my car early in the morning!!!

Lucky me I drive some old (very) imported western stuff where they didn't wreck out the heating parts :o

Once the suns up it's no problem, but just before dawn it's seriously chilly!

cooler here in hua hin , 20 when i woke up at 6am , been a bit cooler every day this week.

hardly chilly compared to the grim north , but very noticeable when you are used to early morning temperatures of 26 and up.

its like a blazing english summer this week , and very pleasant too.

Up near Khampaeng Phet by the Mae Wong national park it was 11 at 7 am just as the sun was rising and around 2 yesterday afternoon it was 27. Every year I buy slippers for the family and staff and every summer the slipper thief cmes along and nicks them all.

Up near Khampaeng Phet by the Mae Wong national park it was 11 at 7 am just as the sun was rising and around 2 yesterday afternoon it was 27. Every year I buy slippers for the family and staff and every summer the slipper thief cmes along and nicks them all.

Bill,

Just let me know when it snows at your side i'll come up to ski down your hill then.....

I checked the temperature outside this morning... 17 degrees C.

No wonder all the Thais are rugged up in coats and jumpers.

Do you reckon it's gong to get any colder?

I hope it does get cooler....it's great!

No one has mentioned the humidity. That's really the factor of consideration here. Outside this morning just before sunrise it was 18.9C at 40% humidity...on a hillside. That 40% makes it feel a lot colder.

There will be a big difference between the inland temps and the seaside temps.

Monty, thanks for posting that link.

Edited by tropo

I hope it does get cooler....it's great!No one has mentioned the humidity. That's really the factor of consideration here. Outside this morning just before sunrise it was 18.9C at 40% humidity...on a hillside. That 40% makes it feel a lot colder.

There will be a big difference between the inland temps and the seaside temps.

Monty, thanks for posting that link.

Not great. Here at the condo floor tiles are popping and breaking. Last time I saw that was 2000, I think.

Pattayapunter, speak with richardb - he will maybe lend you his 2 handed friend to help with your shrinkage problem.

You're not serious are you Jai Dee ??!?!! All the way down to 17 !!! Oh, the horror ! :o

Meanwhile, we here in the 'stan have been basking in the "slightly above freezing" temperatures lately. Some days, it gets up to 6 or 7 degrees ! Days like today though, when you can see your breathe in the middle of the afternoon, make me glad my new winter jacket just arrived in the mail !! :D

17 degrees. Sheesh. And I thought we had it bad !! (wussies) :D

:D-->

QUOTE(Basil B @ 2006-12-23 13:20:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last few days we have had freezing fog here in the UK, I have had to defrost the car and scrape the ice off the windows before I can go anywhere.

I really do not think you guys have much to moan about…

BB

We have had planes all over the airfield here (Heathrow) cant even use the tugs when the visibility is less than 100 yards

Flights cancelled, and this is from a PREMIER airport :D

They been spraying the aircraft on the stands with de-icer (pig piss :D ) to stop em freezing up

Tents outside all the terminals, managers giving out hot drinks and blankets to passengers, dunno what will happen will when the bad weather arrives :D

I cant wait to get back to Pattaya :o

I used to laugh at my partner when she told me how cold it got here as I'd never experienced it this cold in all my years here but right now I'm well wrapped up in thick woolly socks, trousers & a tracksuit top! My feet are still numb too!(I think thats partly down to the terrible circulation I have from sitting at this pc all day)

I really feel for the people in the country and fully support the campaign to rise money for the poor and homeless up-country!

Any way to donate??

Nikkijah :o

I think you need to harden up JD.Never picked you for a big girls blouse.... :o:D

I'm missing out on nightly naughty sessions lately because neither of us wants to take a shower at night for fear of hypothermia in central Pattaya. :o

:D

I live about 7kms south-west of Khao San Road and when I leave my home on a motobike taxi I'm cold but when I get into KS Rd I need to take off my jacket - it really makes a difference!

Still a nice change though, and it definitely makes everything feel more christmassy if you originally come from a cooler part of the world