Can I use my 30 years lease as residency certificate to buy a car ?

Can't get it from the embassy nor immigration (embassy refuse to do this kind of papers as they say the immigration can do it and the immigration refuse to do it if I don't stay at least 90 days in the country without going out).

Edited by JohnnyBKK

Can't get it from the embassy nor immigration (embassy refuse to do this kind of papers as they say the immigration can do it and the immigration refuse to do it if I don't stay at least 90 days in the country without going out).

It will be up to your immigration office, here on Samui they will do for anyone as long as you pay 500 baht.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

On 28/04/2017 at 2:23 AM, JohnnyBKK said:

You can also get the certificate (which is just a letter) from police stations or town halls, all depending on the size of the area you live in. Not all of them know they can do this, and not all of them want to.

On 28/04/2017 at 2:20 AM, PoorSucker said:

If you have a yellow house-book or WP you can use that.

Some report that Chonburi (Pattaya) land transport will not accept a house-book and insist on a certificate from immigration. Of course this may vary depending on the direction of the wind at the time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Some report that Chonburi (Pattaya) land transport will not accept a house-book and insist on a certificate from immigration. Of course this may vary depending on the direction of the wind at the time.

They were also not accepting Yellow Books, only residence certificates issued by either your embassy or Immigration.  Since the rules change around here almost monthly, you would be wise to find out what your DLT requires before making the trip 

28 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

They were also not accepting Yellow Books, only residence certificates issued by either your embassy or Immigration.  Since the rules change around here almost monthly, you would be wise to find out what your DLT requires before making the trip 

I have used yellow book at Pattaya DLT for 2-3 years now and never had a problem.

• Like 1

Hi,

you need house-book from the owner of the apartment/house (copy is OK). You will take it to the immigration office with your passport and 1 photo and for 500 baht they will give you certificate of residence (+/- 10 minutes).

You don't need any proof of living at that adress. So you can even use house-book of your friend or family (as long as you don't have working permint or anything else, what could colidate with it).

You have to go the the immigration in the province where is house (house-book) located.

Done that and bought motocycle in my name 2 months ago.

Edited by howard ashoul

On 28/04/2017 at 4:20 PM, PoorSucker said:

No, you need one from immigration or your embassy.

If you have a yellow house-book or WP you can use that.

You can get a cert with just a receipt from a hotel. I sold my motorbike to a chap that way a few weeks ago. He and his GF just booked in locally for one night. Immigration told him by rights he should have got a receipt for 3 nights but they overlooked it.

• Like 1

I used a photocopy of my income affidavit from the US embassy for my retirement extension at immigration that has my declared residence address on it to buy my new pickup in Suphanburi 3 years ago...backed it up with the address in thai on the back of my 5 year thai drivers license...

but, as others have observed your mileage may vary...

I live in Bangkok and travel in and out the country every month so immigration will not issue one to me I believe. 

The uk embassy probably will but it's a pain and 5000 baht for the 2 I need for a driving licence  (car and bike).

My wife owns a house in Roi Et and we go thee quite often.

Would it be easier to get a COR there?

Would I have to get my driving licence there?

Would that pose a problem living in Bangkok but having a Roi Et address on my driving licence? 

35 minutes ago, RC8 said:

I live in Bangkok and travel in and out the country every month so immigration will not issue one to me I believe. 

The uk embassy probably will but it's a pain and 5000 baht for the 2 I need for a driving licence  (car and bike).

My wife owns a house in Roi Et and we go thee quite often.

Would it be easier to get a COR there?

Would I have to get my driving licence there?

Would that pose a problem living in Bangkok but having a Roi Et address on my driving licence? 

No problem.

But I believe that you have to apply for driving licence in the province of your COR. And you also have to renew it there after 2 years.

I got several residency certificate s for various purposes just by using my 1 year lease.
I Had no problems at all at Chonburi Immigration in Jomtien (Pattaya),
When I was in Chiang Mai I got one to purchase a motorbike, but there I had to
come back the next day to collect it.