Doo4k

Valentine

On 4/29/2017 at 4:51 AM, Valentine said:

I want to run it on my tv but download is an android app which you need to open an account. Looks like it can run without a box.

It appears to be an Android app which you have to install on a box.

On 4/30/2017 at 8:50 AM, JaseTheBass said:

In that case, the entire AV forum should be removed.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

Kodi isn't illegal as far as I'm aware, nor are the numerous free addons that allow streaming from legal sources.

But every paid IPTV sub that allows the viewing of channels that have no broadcasting rights in Thailand, are indeed illegal

Kodi isn't illegal as far as I'm aware, nor are the numerous free addons that allow streaming from legal sources.

But every paid IPTV sub that allows the viewing of channels that have no broadcasting rights in Thailand, are indeed illegal

What legal sources?

1 hour ago, JaseTheBass said:

What legal sources?

In the video addons section I could find only about 500, but there will be many more if you include other sections as well.

https://www.htpcbeginner.com/kodi-legal-streaming-addons/

http://kodi.wiki/view/Category:Video_add-ons

http://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Category:Video_add-ons&pagefrom=Mediathek#mw-pages

http://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Category:Video_add-ons&pagefrom=Vine#mw-pages

2 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:
2 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

What legal sources?

All the boring ones.

5 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

I wouldn't call Youtube or Filmon, soundcloud or tuneinradio boring.

Interesting development:

filmon tv free finished
Started by shanesox, 1 hour ago

"Filmon tv online free access in standard definition to all UK terrestrial channels has ended as of May 1st 2017. I noticed I was getting shut out after 2 mins of free viewing, emailed them and they replied within an hour to say they will no longer be offering the free service and only the paid service for -$15 a month."

One down, three to go?

The two minutes 'free viewing' limit might affect my assessment of it being boring. 

3 hours ago, RichCor said:

Interesting development:

filmon tv free finished
Started by shanesox, 1 hour ago

"Filmon tv online free access in standard definition to all UK terrestrial channels has ended as of May 1st 2017. I noticed I was getting shut out after 2 mins of free viewing, emailed them and they replied within an hour to say they will no longer be offering the free service and only the paid service for -$15 a month."

One down, three to go?

The two minutes 'free viewing' limit might affect my assessment of it being boring. 

Not gone at all, still there and still legal, but not free any more.

11 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

How is it legal when other companies own the rights to the content they are using?

Why you not ask them?

FACT is that Filmon is streaming these channels completely LEGAL, unlike others like Ilikehd, flawless or IPTVUK club.

from FilmOn: "Unfortunately, We need to inform you, that we are no longer offering the free SD watching due to contractual requirements with our content vendors.
We're very sorry and apologize for the inconvenience, as we had no possibility to let our Customers know about this change in our service in advance."

Ever considered why Filmon has to charge $14.95 for a limnited channel list that contains no premium channels, and others ( illegal ones) can do that for $5 ?

Edited by janclaes47

Why you not ask them?

FACT is that Filmon is streaming these channels completely LEGAL, unlike others like Ilikehd, flawless or IPTVUK club.

from FilmOn: "Unfortunately, We need to inform you, that we are no longer offering the free SD watching due to contractual requirements with our content vendors.
We're very sorry and apologize for the inconvenience, as we had no possibility to let our Customers know about this change in our service in advance."

Ever considered why Filmon has to charge $14.95 for a limnited channel list that contains no premium channels, and others ( illegal ones) can do that for $5 ?

You seem to be sure it's legal, so I'm asking you why you believe this to be so.

3 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

You seem to be sure it's legal, so I'm asking you why you believe this to be so.

<snip> Try the below. I haven't seen many illegal organisations with a Bloomberg profile yet.

Filmon.JPG.95d6250f9dbf393b0e786a991a68e960.JPG

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=49853814

Filmon.JPG.d6170bf11e27b4e4d14c9984b9e1245a.JPG

Edited by Jai Dee
flame deleted

On 30/04/2017 at 1:13 PM, Jai Dee said:

It appears to be an Android app which you have to install on a box.

Guy that showed me did not use a box. Streamed straight through from internet to TV but reckons that only works if TV has quad core processor (not sure I understand the logic in this unless he was referring to being able to view 4K movies). I am thinking the answer is to download the app to phone, establish an account after which will have login & password to use through internet on TV.

2 hours ago, Valentine said:

Guy that showed me did not use a box. Streamed straight through from internet to TV but reckons that only works if TV has quad core processor (not sure I understand the logic in this unless he was referring to being able to view 4K movies). I am thinking the answer is to download the app to phone, establish an account after which will have login & password to use through internet on TV.

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

Maybe it was a smart tv, that already has a box inside?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think you both miss the point, as it has nothing to do with the processor in the tv.

These days there are Android smart TV's, as there are Sony, Philips and Sharp, which have an Android OS. So you can install Android apps straight on the tv.

Take note not all smart Tv's are Android tv's.

I think you both miss the point, as it has nothing to do with the processor in the tv.

These days there are Android smart TV's, as there are Sony, Philips and Sharp, which have an Android OS. So you can install Android apps straight on the tv.

Take note not all smart Tv's are Android tv's.

That's what I meant. The Android processor.
TV's don't have a processor, or ALCU unit, maybe some comparitors.
Sorry I didn't explain it well. [emoji3]

16 minutes ago, carlyai said:

That's what I meant. The Android processor.
TV's don't have a processor, or ALCU unit, maybe some comparitors.
Sorry I didn't explain it well. emoji3.png

That would be a first that Smart TV's don't have a processor.

Without a processor a Smart TV would not be able to "process" anything. Plenty of tv's with quad core processors these days. And yes you can install Kodi straight on to an Android tv.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/smart-tv-faq,review-2111.html

We've seen particular apps crash or freeze a smart TV. We've witnessed upgrades that have caused sets to power-off unpredictably, along with a raft of other glitches. However, the sets are getting better, with quad-core processors that can better handle the tasks that are becoming common.

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/145072-samsungs-new-quad-core-tv-could-be-powerful-enough-to-actually-be-a-smart-tv

Samsung’s new quad-core TVs are powerful enough to actually be ‘smart’ TVs

Samsung TV's are NOT Android tv's

Edited by janclaes47