notification of address and Non retirement extension

I would be most grateful for any advice regarding my situation.

• Chonburi Immigration have informed me I must notify address on 22 May 2017. The last time I did this this it was smooth and efficient.
  • However I am due to renew my extension based  on retirement on the 28th May which is six days later.
  • Should/Can  I do my address notification earlier?
  • How do I renew me extension based on retirement?  What documents do I need?
  • Bank statements?  Bank Book? (I have moved over 60 K baht a month on average from my UK account to my Thai account) Passport? Arrival card?    And what else?
  • I would be most grateful if any documents referred to are described as to whether I download them or get them from the IO?
  • Thank you all

If you are referring to your 90 day report due date you can do it 14 days early or up to 7 days after the due date.

bearing in mind that all imm. offices and indeed all IOs have their own interpretation of the rules.

in Accordance with the above you should be OK to do your 90 day at the same time as your extension, I have

done my 90 day up to 6 days after the due date with no more than a furtive glance from the IO.

You will require the following and as your doing a renewal you can forget about the prerequisites.

And please bear in mind this copy is particular to the Phuket office

What paper you ned whit Retierment extension in Phuket.jpeg

You can of course do your extension renewal early without losing any time.

Edited by phuketjock
correction

You can do your 90 day report 14 days before the due date.

You can do your retirement extension up to 30 days before due date.

You can do both together from 15th May.

TM47 for 90 day report. TM7 for extension.

Download forms: http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Attached pdf of documents required at my Immigration office.

Documents for Extension - Retirement.docx

Just now, dentonian said:

You can do your 90 day report 14 days before the due date.

You can do your retirement extension up to 30 days before due date.

You can do both together from 15th May.

TM47 for 90 day report. TM7 for extension.

Download forms: http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Attached pdf of documents required at my Immigration office.

Documents for Extension - Retirement.docx

Thanks dentonian but his post just keeps repeating over and over, I have reported

it as a possible problem with TV. the repetition that is??

2 minutes ago, Doiger said:

this question is more of interest than a query.

OP has stated he moved 60000 baht on average to his Thai account.

does it not need to be a pension or income to be eligible for a retirement extension?

The whole OP is a bit off, if he is doing a renewal as he states then surely he must have some idea 

what is required from his previous application? or not who knows???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phuketjock said:

The whole OP is a bit off, if he is doing a renewal as he states then surely he must have some idea 

He posted on Feb 23rd stating he did at 90 day report at Jomtien.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/970259-90-day-reporting-at-jomtien-yesterday/#comment-11647766

I'm guessing he has since moved and wants to know the requirements at Chonburi.

On 4/30/2017 at 9:16 PM, phuketjock said:

If you are referring to your 90 day report due date you can do it 14 days early or up to 7 days after the due date.

bearing in mind that all imm. offices and indeed all IOs have their own interpretation of the rules.

in Accordance with the above you should be OK to do your 90 day at the same time as your extension, I have

done my 90 day up to 6 days after the due date with no more than a furtive glance from the IO.

You will require the following and as your doing a renewal you can forget about the prerequisites.

And please bear in mind this copy is particular to the Phuket office

What paper you ned whit Retierment extension in Phuket.jpeg

You can of course do your extension renewal early without losing any time.

Thanks for your reply. I already have my retirement extension but it is due for renewal a few days after my notifification of adrerss date.

On 4/30/2017 at 11:37 PM, dentonian said:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/970259-90-day-reporting-at-jomtien-yesterday/#comment-11647766

No I have not moved- I am clear about my 90 day notification but unclear about renewing my extension based on retirement.  Both dates are very near. So my question is can I do the 90 day notification early - apparently yes but more importantly - How do I renew my yearly extension based on retirement. What docs do I need

On 4/30/2017 at 9:50 PM, phuketjock said:

Sorry to seem off but i have NEVER renewed extension based on retirement. I have done my 90 reporting - The two are quite different. 

I would be most grateful for any advice regarding my situation.

• Chonburi Immigration have informed me I must notify address on 22 May 2017. The last time I did this this it was smooth and efficient.
  1. However I am due to renew my extension based  on retirement on the 28th May which is six days later.
  2. Should/Can  I do my address notification earlier?
  3. How do I renew me extension based on retirement?  What documents do I need?
  4. Bank statements?  Bank Book? (I have moved over 60 K baht a month on average from my UK account to my Thai account) Passport? Arrival card?    And what else?
  5. I would be most grateful if any documents referred to are described as to whether I download them or get them from the IO? What is a TM7
  • Thank you all
  • This was my original post. I am sorry if people think I am 'off' because I do not know how to renew my current retirement extension which elapses very near to my 90 reporting date.  
  • As I mention in line 1 I deal with Chonburi IO.
  • I would like to thank all those who have replied and tried to be helpful but I am still non the wiser about renewing my  retirement status..
  • So once again any advice as to what I need to renew my retirement extension would be gratefully accepted

On 4/30/2017 at 9:42 PM, phuketjock said:

Thanks dentonian but his post just keeps repeating over and over, I have reported

it as a possible problem with TV. the repetition that is??

Its not so much repetition as reiteration of my situation which seems to have been misconstrued.  This line is the salient point: 

1. How do I renew me extension based on retirement?  What documents do I need?

1 minute ago, The manic said:

Its not so much repetition as reiteration of my situation which seems to have been misconstrued.  This line is the salient point: 

I sent you a PM.

Not every document may be required at Chonburi, but this is the requirement for my Immigration office.

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:50 PM, phuketjock said:

He may have used an agent to do his original extension.

3 minutes ago, dentonian said:

He may have used an agent to do his original extension.

You are correct.  And I do not know if the same documents were required.  Now I know why people use agents.  I will probably do so again given the oddly negative and hostile comments my query generated. Thank you all.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The manic said:

Sorry Manic the post you are referring to was about your original post coming up over and over again,

not about you repeating. I took it as a glitch on the TV forum website not your fault.

The procedure and requirements for initial and renewal of application for retirement are more or less the

same. 

Sorry for any unintended confusion caused.        :jap::thumbsup:

Edited by phuketjock
addition

21 minutes ago, The manic said:

You are correct.  And I do not know if the same documents were required.  Now I know why people use agents.  I will probably do so again given the oddly negative and hostile comments my query generated. Thank you all.

@The Manic,

I don't think anyone is trying to be hostile and negative, perhaps they didn't understand your situation though.

I sent you a second PM and I'm happy to help you in any way I can.

It may appear confusing at first, but once you've done one, it gets easier.

You do require to provide the same documents year in year out to renew your extension.

Think of it not as renewing your extension, but applying for a new one.

Same procedure, same documents.

Edited by dentonian
  • Like 1

On 30/04/2017 at 8:58 PM, The manic said:

Bank statements?  Bank Book? (I have moved over 60 K baht a month on average from my UK account to my Thai account) Passport? Arrival card?    And what else?

This bit concerned me, do you have the required 800,000 THB in a Thai account and will it have been there for the required 3 months by the time you apply for the extension renewal?

Note that you are required to have the above deposit OR a monthly income of 65,000 THB OR a combination of both that will be equal to 800,000 in one year, however, as far as I know, Immigration will not accept deposits of 60,000 THB per month in to your account, they will only accept an income letter for monthly income from your embassy in Bangkok.

7 hours ago, Mattd said:

This bit concerned me, do you have the required 800,000 THB in a Thai account and will it have been there for the required 3 months by the time you apply for the extension renewal?

Note that you are required to have the above deposit OR a monthly income of 65,000 THB OR a combination of both that will be equal to 800,000 in one year, however, as far as I know, Immigration will not accept deposits of 60,000 THB per month in to your account, they will only accept an income letter for monthly income from your embassy in Bangkok.

Thanks but I just thought they needed to see a letter from my bank showing a regular income of 60k baht.  My embassy does not even know I am here and know nothing about my investment portfolios, rentals etc.  Thanks for the info - I'll ask tomorrow. If they 800000k is required I'll just use and agency

8 hours ago, dentonian said:

@The Manic,

I don't think anyone is trying to be hostile and negative, perhaps they didn't understand your situation though.

I sent you a second PM and I'm happy to help you in any way I can.

It may appear confusing at first, but once you've done one, it gets easier.

You do require to provide the same documents year in year out to renew your extension.

Think of it not as renewing your extension, but applying for a new one.

Same procedure, same documents.

Same dates? ie March 2016?

On 4/30/2017 at 11:37 PM, dentonian said:

Sorry but I though chonburi and jomtien IO were the same place - I was in fact referring to Jomtien IO - did not know Chonburi had a seperate IO.  AS you can see I am approaching this situation from a position of ignorance butn seeking enlightenment and advice. Very 'off' indeed!

On 4/30/2017 at 9:45 PM, Doiger said:

this question is more of interest than a query.

OP has stated he moved 60000 baht on average to his Thai account.

does it not need to be a pension or income to be eligible for a retirement extension?

I have neither pension or income but investments and rental income. I transfer well in excess of the required 65k every month.  So to me its a form of monthly income. Its money coming in from my UK bank account to my Thai accoiunt. But you raise an interesting point. Thanks.

7 hours ago, The manic said:

Sorry but I though chonburi and jomtien IO were the same place - I was in fact referring to Jomtien IO - did not know Chonburi had a seperate IO.  AS you can see I am approaching this situation from a position of ignorance butn seeking enlightenment and advice. Very 'off' indeed!

Chonburi is the official name for Jomtien immigration. They are the primary office for Chonburi province. There is another office in Sriracha.

8 hours ago, The manic said:

Thanks but I just thought they needed to see a letter from my bank showing a regular income of 60k baht.

More informed posters than myself can confirm, but 99% certain that a letter from your Thai bank showing a regular income of 60,000 THB is not sufficient for immigration, they will need to see an income certificate from your embassy if this is the route you want to take, it is also 65,000 per month.

3 hours ago, Mattd said:

More informed posters than myself can confirm, but 99% certain that a letter from your Thai bank showing a regular income of 60,000 THB is not sufficient for immigration, they will need to see an income certificate from your embassy if this is the route you want to take, it is also 65,000 per month.

Your info is correct for the monthly income route. 65,000 baht or equivalent certified by your embassy.

Or 800,000 baht or equivalent in Thai bank for 2 months for initial application and 3 months for each

subsequent application, or a combination of both.