POA Form for Immigration

HullyGully

Cant see them on the immigration website, but I know they do exist, because the lady officer on the 90 day report has them and the 10 baht stamps to legalize them.

You need the copy of the elusive form filled in   plus copies of your friends passport and copies of your own as well.

that was how it was explained to me by the charming lady on the 90 day desk . her English is excellent as well.

You could try Lanna Care they may have an idea.

Lanna Care Net here -- If there's sufficient time, you could file the 90 day report by post.  And the online system is back in operation.  See the pinned topic at the top of this forum for instructions.

If you're too close to the time the 90 day report is due -- if your friend is currently in hospital, ask the hospital to produce a "Medical Certificate" that proves he's in hospital.  Be sure they put the hospital stamp on it.  Immigration LOVES to see colored stamps on documents.  I guess it proves it isn't something you made up yourself.  Download the TM47 form and have him sign his name.  Make the passport copies and get him to sign.  If he can't sign, his thumbprint would work.

If he's at home and it's not practical to get a doctor's certificate, then going to see the nice younger woman at the 90 day counter is your best course of action to obtain the Immigration POA form.  Sapperest is right, Imm. wants to see that 10 baht tax stamp.  I guess that's their version of the hospital stamp to prove the document is genuine.

If the friend is married, his wife can do it if she has identification that proves the marriage.  I do 90 day reports all the time for my husband without a POA from him, but our family names are the same in our passports.  I guess they're taking that as proof of marriage.

I know Thai girlfriends who submit 90 day reports for housebound men frequently also without a POA.  I think they simply prove they live at the same address.

17 minutes ago, HullyGully said:

Update

Went to Imm Prom today

The nice lady at the 90 day desk gave me the IMM POA

Thank you for the update.  Did the nice lady at the 90 day desk (she really is one of their best) also sell you the 10 baht tax stamp?  Or will that be applied when you return with the signed POA?

Is the POA form something that can be scanned and uploaded, say onto this forum, for use by others?

Otherwise, it would seem that someone has to make two trips to Imm. Prom. to submit a 90 day report for another person.  One trip to obtain the POA form and then a second trip to submit the POA form and the 90 day report.

Incidentally, when LCN meets a new client in hospital one of our first questions is to ask when their next 90 day report is due.  We try to help clients stay on top of this when they're in hospital.  Private hospitals will submit 90 day reports for their patients, but the gov't hospitals don't.  Usually, LCN is able to "catch" someone's 90 day report with enough time to submit online or by mail.  

On 2017-5-1 at 10:59 AM, NancyL said:

And the online system is back in operation.  

Just tried the online site myself after seeing this.

No luck, still appears to be offline.

When did you get it to work Nancy?

8 minutes ago, Bri19000 said:

Just tried the online site myself after seeing this.

No luck, still appears to be offline.

When did you get it to work Nancy?

There are many reports on the visa subforum of ThaiVisa that the online system was up again but now has been down for three days.

Best to track the progress in this thread

14 minutes ago, HullyGully said:

Attached the POA Form

You can obtain the 10 Baht stamp when you submit the POA Form

THAI IMM POA.pdf

Thank you, HG.  And Woo-Hoo.  This is simply a generic POA, with very bad translation of Thai into English.  It can be used for ANYTHING, not just immigration business. 

This POA form explains how I've been able to do 90 day reports for people when I ask them to write a similar statement and get someone to witness their signature.  I've been hit up for 10 baht by the nice 90 day lady and wondered what for.  Ah ha.  To slap a tax stamp on my homemade POA.

I just love the way the immigration offices dream up unofficial forms without TM numbers.  The defunct Foreign National Information Form was a prime example.  The form Chiang Mai requires doctors to complete for medical extensions is another.  It asks for the same information the doctor has already written on the standard hospital medical certificate, with hospital letterhead and stamp, yet that's not enough for CM Immigration, they also want the doctor to fill out THEIR form.  

Archived