2 english lads looking for work

mpritch

Me and my friend are coming back to thailand at the end of december,

We are both looking to start working over there does anyone have any jobs availible or no the best places to search? We are both 25 and hard workers.

I can walk to the end of the road and find as many "hard workers" as I would ever need, & they would be willing to work for minimum wage!

What skills do you have?

3 hours ago, mpritch said:

Tonray yes we both have experience in offsure drilling do you have a contact number

As you are likely already aware, global oil prices are low due to slack demand and an inventory glut. Not really a great time to be looking for work in the industry. Your best bet would be to utilize your contacts (union/corporate) for rigs you have worked on and put the word out that you are willing to go to SE Asia region. Even if something does turn up it is likely to be anywhere not just local to Thailand.

If you do a TOEFL course you could obtain employment as English teachers ... a little bit of effort but I hear that there are plenty of work opportunities. Thailand is not an easy play for a foreigner to work ... unless headhunted from overseas.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:51 PM, mpritch said:

Exuse me sir, please elaborate on your ludicrous comment?

Simply a truthful statement. Those who have jobs locally are not about to give newbees a leg up. Rice bowls are to be protected.

• 1 month later...

Archived