Dog Traps or Last Option Dog Detterents

Ive tried everything to stop the little shitsu sized dog from down the road using my garden as a crapper, including the old wifes tall of empty glass bottles, large amount of pepper, chillis, bleaching everything (so the grass is now practically dead), broken glass, and trying to border up the fence. Even spent $30 on a anti-sonic dog device which hasnt work,. Today I went give some mouth to the thai owner but he pretend he didnt understand, even when showing him the shit and pointing to his dog, as if to say 'what you want me to do about it, dog crap'.  Everytime I've got to scoop this stuff I nearly vomit. 

I figure the mouse traps you see on cartoons would work well as a deterrent, it's not exactly going to crush the leg, but just inflict enough pain until it limps back to its owner to remove. Is this legal if there on my land?

Or maybe there is some more humane dog traps? I think it come to point where some pain to act a deterrent is needed.  Owner dont care, security just shrug, all the friendly methods exhausted? 

And no Im not going to give up every morning sat with a mini water gun, except maybe tomorrow with a large super soaker of bleech, but just the once..

Edited by ladada

Ill have to watch for first few days with a BB Gun I guess, which means getting up at 6am when they let them damn thing out into the street, still doable.

I've seen them for sale at the local mall so that's definitely an option, any idea how much they are? best type? 

Just fix your fence!

You must have spent more time and money on trying to deter it... and you seem anxious about it.. to the point of killing off your grass and having a raw with a neighbor.

I fenced in my garden with very cheap bamboo fencing panels.  You can tie it up to your existing fence.  Or you can use the cheap mesh wire.. which you can buy on a roll or by the meter.  Use plastic cable ties to secure it to the fence. 

Then you won't have to worry about that dog... or any dogs getting in.

33 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Just fix your fence!

You must have spent more time and money on trying to deter it... and you seem anxious about it.. to the point of killing off your grass and having a raw with a neighbor.

I fenced in my garden with very cheap bamboo fencing panels.  You can tie it up to your existing fence.  Or you can use the cheap mesh wire.. which you can buy on a roll or by the meter.  Use plastic cable ties to secure it to the fence. 

Then you won't have to worry about that dog... or any dogs getting in.

Ive just noticed another house nearby has recently done the wire mesh with cable ties.. Perhaps why its recently trying to make my garden a big stinking pooland despite all the detterents.

Wish these damn dog owners would take some responsibility, even if they came round every morning and scooped it up themselves would be a polite gesture, but that aint gonna happen because one loses "face" .. grr.. 

Will head diy shop and try the mesh wire tonight.. 

Edited by ladada

Done it (I think), what size can these little gremlin looking fashion dogs squeeze under, have I got to handle the 1.75" under the gate too? 

Im pretty sure the fencing spacing was adequate for normal dogs until these buggers became popular like iphones with thais.. 

Edited by ladada