Korean family don't make the airport as minivan overturns in Phetchaburi

Korean family don't make the airport as minivan overturns in Phetchaburi

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

PHETCHABURI: -- Five people were seriously injured when a minivan overturned after hitting a tree in the central reservation on Petchkasem Road in the Kao Yoi area yesterday.

The Thai driver Mano Hormrareun, from Nakon Pathom was one of two occupants of the vehicle that had to be cut free of the wreckage. He suffered a severe leg injury, reported Sanook.

The South Korean family were named as Taewook Kim, 37, Min Sun Ji, 41, Donghyun Kim, 8, and Siyeon Kim, 5.

All the injured were taken for treatment at Khao Yoi hospital.

Driver Mano blamed a car that cut in front of him causing him to lose control. He was taking the Koreans from Hua Hin to Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-02

Those mini-vans are dangerous....having said that, they often are the most efficient / economical way from point A to Point B.  I wrestle with the 'Should I --or-- Shouldn't I' dilemma each and every time. The scariest was on a Visa run coming back from Laos, driving rain and the van not slowing down one bit, several times during the night had to slam on brakes and nearly cream the vehicle in front of us at high speed. I looked around and I was the only one besides the driver awake...blissful ignorance for the other riders, I did not sleep a wink after that.

I think next time the slow train from BKK to Hua Hin....what's the hurry

Archived