Stair tiles / anti slip

robblok

Hi,

Has anyone seen any stair carpet tiles or something like that ? I got an older dog and he is starting to slip when he goes up and down on my stairs. He dislikes it (as in will try to bite i can lift him and avoid getting bitten but he hates it) if i carry him up and down the stairs. However he wants to go up and down he likes to stay close to me locking him down is not an option he will keep on crying and it breaks my heart. So I was thinking about some stair tiles or something like that. 

18 minutes ago, Gulfsailor said:

Yes i looked at Lazada, but this all ships from abroad.. i wanted to see if it was locally available.. I am in the Bangkok area

17 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Have you got a picture of your stairs you can post?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

I could get a picture.. but what is the exact point ? its just a normal wooden stairs  in the house (closed type). If you have point do tell me and I will post it. 

They carry low mat carpeting on rolls at several DIY home stores.  Buy a couple meters and using a sharp knife or scissors cut them in the appropriate strips.  Add double back tape or even better "contact cement" to secure the carpet down.  Works very well.  The rubberized tape you are thinking about wears off too fast in the humidity here.

1 minute ago, Mrjlh said:

They carry low mat carpeting on rolls at several DIY home stores.  Buy a couple meters and using a sharp knife or scissors cut them in the appropriate strips.  Add double back tape or even better "contact cement" to secure the carpet down.  Works very well.  The rubberized tape you are thinking about wears off too fast in the humidity here.

Thanks that is an option of course, will still look for pre fabricated stuff.. but this definitely is something I did not think about before. So its an option.

I was thinking that if your dog is going in the hips you may need some other option, therefore a picture of the stairs may have helped. I don't know what normal stairs are in Thailand.
But, forget my post Sorry.

21 minutes ago, robblok said:

I could get a picture.. but what is the exact point ? its just a normal wooden stairs  in the house (closed type). If you have point do tell me and I will post it. 

If it's a wooden stairs, then just varnish it while sprinkling silicone sand on it. That's how we get anti-slip on boat decks. Most paint stores also sell bags of the fine silica sand. 

18 minutes ago, carlyai said:

I was thinking that if your dog is going in the hips you may need some other option, therefore a picture of the stairs may have helped. I don't know what normal stairs are in Thailand.
But, forget my post Sorry.

No problem.. just wanted to know why. I have heard about a dogs hips too.. and it worries me. Problem is that he just wont let me carry him. His mother had no problems with it. He is just raised bad (by me :sad:)

staris.jpg

Edited by robblok

Seems to me Thai Watsadu has carpet squares in Buriram. They had a nice wall display near the wall tile of carpet square in March 2017. Home Works is holding an Expo this week at BITEC in Bangkok. Home Works and Thai Watsadu are both Central Retail stores and by and large offer the same brands. 

30 minutes ago, Mrjlh said:

This help.

stairs.jpg

How did you do that.. because i rotated the original and it still did not come up right.

I have seen this before the original is right.. but it comes up strange when posted here. 

Look pretty easy to navigate. But just look really shiny and slippery.
I'm no carpet or tile expert, but what about some of that green artificial grass carpet or something similar that will give the dog's feet traction?
Of course with carpet on stairs you would have to get it correctly laid so it doesn't become dangerous.

17 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Look pretty easy to navigate. But just look really shiny and slippery.
I'm no carpet or tile expert, but what about some of that green artificial grass carpet or something similar that will give the dog's feet traction?
Of course with carpet on stairs you would have to get it correctly laid so it doesn't become dangerous.

I am considering my options.. when he was younger he had no problems with it at all.. now he just goes slow and cries a lot before going down. But the moment i get close to pick him hup.. he lies down or growls.. showing he does not want me to pick him up and carry him down.

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

He's being hurt, it's not you, he just doesn't want to be hurt that's why he's biting you.
Maybe if you can't fix the stairs you can rig up a carry basket?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I am not sure he is actually being hurt.. he has never liked it to get picked up. He is around 20 kg and im not sure its pain. He is a bit of a weird dog. He fears things like a pond (hesitant to walk past it). Anyway, im thinking of buying those things from lazada. Its more fear then pain i guess but its hard. I just went to my gym to do some exercise (got a gym on the 2nd floor) as usual dog comes up to take a look. Then does not go down and after some crying hesitation goes down and acts like nothing has happened. Anyway.. those tiles from lazada might solve the problem. 

Do they sell carpet runners here in Thailand?  When I grew up we had runners that were tacked to the wood at the top of the stairs, then held in place on each step by a metal rod that ran through an eyelet screw at each side,  and then tacked into place in the wood at the bottom.  No glue or any other attachment under the carpet itself.  Easy to replace if needed.

Like this (random pic off a Google search):

download.jpg.8fce4276f16f3bb754754e9a9ca3c44c.jpg

http://www.monotaro.co.th/k/store/Anti%20slip%20tape/?gclid=CjwKEAjw3KDIBRCz0KvZlJ7k4TgSJABDqOK78ZbnOuTa8gjg7Qhbot3_M_HxM-qfnEsNuOdZvtzW8RoCybPw_wcB&ef_id=WNGbJgAABGpQL69Z:20170502140137:s

This stores page is in Thai so I would assume they have a depot here to save shipping from outside
The anti slip tape would serve the same purpose

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...