Immigration home visit.

6 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I am over 50 years of age my self, and cannot see why I should have any problem whatsoever with "it"..

Notice something doesn´t necessarily mean that you must have a problem with it.... Notice something can also be knowledge.,, try it.....

Glegolo

I have been on this forum for 10 years......Still don't see the age thingy with posters...Is it envy, jealous, young buck can't get a bird in farangland but an older guy can in LOS....I am a bit tired of reading the same stuff that equates to nothing for me......

On 5/3/2017 at 7:10 PM, Nong Khai Man said:

When Did this start.......??? Been Married & Living here for 22 Years Never had A " Home " Visit Ever.....

When my passport got stuck in the renewal process in July 2014 and permission to stay was about to run out, I went along to immigration and applied for a marriage extension to get the 30 days. We had to supply witnesses and they were interviewed at the immigration office in Sri Ratcha, no home visit.

When I went back a year later to renew the marriage extension they said the rules had changed and we would need witnesses again and that immigration would take the photos and talk to the witnesses on a home visit. They said it only applied to first and second applications and wouldn't be required the following year.

I changed the application to retirement there and then. 

On 04/05/2017 at 0:52 PM, ubonjoe said:

I know of several including mine.

Some I know of have been married for over 40 years.

Exactly right Joe been married 12 year's

We are inseparable 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2017 at 7:47 AM, williamgeorgeallen said:

question. why do people get marriage visas when retirement visas are so much easier to get? (as long as you are over 50 that is) marriage visas seem to be difficult. 

Plus the extra 400,000 Baht in your Bank Account, which not everyone has, might be the reason. I suppose many who are over 50 years old and have some sort of pension don't quite make the financial requirement for a Retirement Extension, or have other uses for this money in the bank. So my guess is that it is all a financial reason if age is not a problem.  . 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Plus the extra 400,000 Baht in your Bank Account, which not everyone has, might be the reason. I suppose many who are over 50 years old and have some sort of pension don't quite make the financial requirement for a Retirement Extension, or have other uses for this money in the bank. So my guess is that it is all a financial reason if age is not a problem.  . 

i would have thought those with limited funds would be better off being single. thai girls generally require financial assistance to stay with a western  man.

4 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i would have thought those with limited funds would be better off being single. thai girls generally require financial assistance to stay with a western  man.

I know lots of people back home aged 50 and over who don't have $23,000 US in there Bank Savings Accounts that they don't need for other purposes, like to pay off other Bills. They all have wives or girlfriends. So I don't see what that has got to do with this.

Any woman I have ever been with in my lifetime has always cost me money. But better this than living alone all my life so I have a few bucks left over when I die.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I know lots of people back home aged 50 and over who don't have $23,000 US in there Bank Savings Accounts that they don't need for other purposes, like to pay off other Bills. They all have wives or girlfriends. So I don't see what that has got to do with this.

Any woman I have ever been with in my lifetime has always cost me money. But better this than living alone all my life so I have a few bucks left over when I die.  

have to wonder about people going through life not having a retirement plan. thailand is still relatively cheap to live, wonder how all those in similar financial situations living in their home countries live.

i suspect that any one who has dealings with woman know how financially draining they are. as for companionship i find i have nothing in common with thai females. great thing about living in thailand you dont have to be in a relationship to get laid.

Edited by williamgeorgeallen

2 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

have to wonder about people going through life not having a retirement plan. thailand is still relatively cheap to live, wonder how all those in similar financial situations living in their home countries live.

i suspect that any one who has dealings with woman know how financially draining they are. as for companionship i find i have nothing in common with thai females. great think about living in thailand you dont have to be in a relationship to get laid.

Same any country.....

16 minutes ago, transam said:
Same any country.....

No, it is simply his experience. If you do some investigating, you'll actually find that in this country women often earn more money than men do.

Perhaps he is just a party animal, has no personality, perhaps he's just very ugly and has no personal skills.

Surely there are many women who are only attracted by white skin because they believe that it'll have money associated with it, but myself and at least three of my friends are married with Thai women who earn more money than we do, and I'm very happy to help us and support us.

Sent from my nose.

Edited by ben2talk
Autocorrect messed up the last paragraph pretty well.

On 2017-5-4 at 4:22 PM, Dap said:

And what exactly is your problem with that?

Strewth , another Mr Thailand on the loose here. 

Anyone remember a few years back the French guys marrying hill tribe girls so to get access to land? 

The home visits mainly began when the Immigration offices started opening in the provinces. I did four years of Suan Plu marriage extensions, no home visits  back then. 

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i suspect that any one who has dealings with woman know how financially draining they are. as for companionship i find i have nothing in common with thai females. great thing about living in thailand you dont have to be in a relationship to get laid.

Many people thought they were saving for a decent pension pay out through NI and company pension schemes only to find the governent have ripped them off and the company pension scheme has been systamaticaly raided by unscrupulous bosses. 

• Like 1

On 04/05/2017 at 8:52 AM, ubonjoe said:

I know of several including mine.

Some I know of have been married for over 40 years.

And possibly this is what made these Marriages work...

They got Married b"back in the day" when expectations, both from the Westerner and the Thai involved where different from the "Kids" today.

And with this I mean no disrespect but the younger Generation has a different outlook on Life and ...in my opinion...are more difficult to please.

Also Money has a far bigger importance now than it used to have.

2 minutes ago, Tom9999 said:

And possibly this is what made these Marriages work...

They got Married b"back in the day" when expectations, both from the Westerner and the Thai involved where different from the "Kids" today.

And with this I mean no disrespect but the younger Generation has a different outlook on Life and ...in my opinion...are more difficult to please.

Also Money has a far bigger importance now than it used to have.

Oh, Right. So these days Money is more important than it was in 2001 because nowadays you need it for food and accommodation? erm no.

Money is of the same importance now and in the past. With technology, some barriers are coming down and so lines are generally becoming more blurred than ever before.

I don't think 'expectations' are so different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ben2talk said:

Oh, Right. So these days Money is more important than it was in 2001 because nowadays you need it for food and accommodation? erm no.

Money is of the same importance now and in the past. With technology, some barriers are coming down and so lines are generally becoming more blurred than ever before.

I don't think 'expectations' are so different.

Off course you always needed Money...

But it can be observed at many places that nowadays the World is far more about "Consumerism" than it used to be.

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

Many people thought they were saving for a decent pension pay out through NI and company pension schemes only to find the governent have ripped them off and the company pension scheme has been systamaticaly raided by unscrupulous bosses. 

yea. best to invest in some quality realestate. although it has been a bit up and down it generally does well if you can hold onto it long enough for inflation to eat away at the mortgage.

3 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

yea. best to invest in some quality realestate. although it has been a bit up and down it generally does well if you can hold onto it long enough for inflation to eat away at the mortgage.

For the upcoming genaration yes i would agree for those retiring in the next few years its not an option now.

On 04/05/2017 at 0:41 PM, williamgeorgeallen said:

i bet you there is not a single case where it worked out cheaper to just get a marriage visa. all the guys i know who got married to a thai girl lost more than 400 000thb. 10 years in thailand and i dont know a single case of a successful western thai marriage.

Oh dear WGA, seems you are a little negative over mixed marriages out here. Sorry to hear that , really!

my marriage may not be like the ones portrayed on the TV and admittedly we have had some "sporty" moments but here we are after almost 20 yrs together at ages  xx ( knocking on our 60's) and we still really do not like being apart. 

Slowly the current Mrs D Lord is beginning to accept some of my mannerisms that to her are strange......

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

Oh dear WGA, seems you are a little negative over mixed marriages out here. Sorry to hear that , really!

my marriage may not be like the ones portrayed on the TV and admittedly we have had some "sporty" moments but here we are after almost 20 yrs together at ages  xx ( knocking on our 60's) and we still really do not like being apart. 

Slowly the current Mrs D Lord is beginning to accept some of my mannerisms that to her are strange......

nice to hear of a success story.  like i say i have not seen many over the last 10 years. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

nice to hear of a success story.  like i say i have not seen many over the last 10 years. 

You can add another one to the count. Married since 1969 and still together.

• Like 1

+3 -1

Add myself, plus old buddies Seth and Conor - they're very happy.

One deductions for A 54-year-old kindergarten teacher Who came to work drunk every morning, and went drinking again after work before getting home. His wife was very rough and had a very loud voice, and she did not really appreciate him not going home to her instead going out and meeting other women in bars.

Maybe we see a pattern here. Perhaps men who enjoy going out and playing around and getting drunk do not survive quite as well.

Sent from my nose.

On 5/4/2017 at 7:25 AM, DrDave said:

The first time I did an extension based upon marriage, a home visit was required. This was in Phuket, about 3 years ago. When submitting the application, the immigration officer made it clear that he expected some sort of "compensation" when he would come for the visit the next day (a Saturday).

He arrived with his wife in a new Fortuner, and never even entered the house. We had our neighbor come over with a copy of her tabien baan, and we all posed for a group picture outside of the house. The officer asked me to print a copy of the picture, and subsequently departed with the picture, tabien baan copy and an envelope.  No questions, no looking around - nothing.

how much did you give him ?

You would be surprised at  the deceptions otherwise "intelligent" and supposedly rational people will go through to try to deceive immigration about there "marriage" to a Thai just to stay in Thailand.

Ask some of the senior immigration officers, and listen to their stories, if they will talk to you about what they have seen personally in their career working in immigration.

You won't believe the stories.

retirement visa; changing addresses into a thorny immig area where they do not seem to like their jobs nor farang; wonder what my visit chances might be ; AND i do not believe they speak adequate english (small office)

thai marriage well i have been married since 1998 almost 20 yrs. both of the same age. im doin my extension in pattaya with local regulation to take every year a thai witness along to the immi, who testifies. why we dont have kids out of our marriage. never had a home visit

wbr

roobaa01

A couple of posters got into a side discussion on marriage verses retirement visa and maybe UBJ can clarify this for all of us

I have heard various things about what happens to your marriage visa if your wife runs off or dies

Have heard that you have 300 days to acquire a new wife have heard that you're screwed...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

A couple of posters got into a side discussion on marriage verses retirement visa and maybe UBJ can clarify this for all of us

I have heard various things about what happens to your marriage visa if your wife runs off or dies

Have heard that you have 300 days to acquire a new wife have heard that you're screwed...

If your wife dies or marriage ends, you keep your extension of stay based on marriage until it expires, and than of course you cannot extend it anymore..... UNLESS you find another lady to marry of course..

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Haha 1