Don’t vote for the same ‘bad people’ next time: Prayut

2 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Your post reminded me of the picture of a young man trying to post his vote in the ballot box being throttled, 2 handed, by one of the paid goons of the PDRC. It was front page at the time but I can't find it now. Very telling.

Not sure if I can post the actual report, it is in todayonline. Just Google Voter strangled thailand and the pic comes up. 

17690945.jpg

Edited by kingkenny

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Not enough reform IMHO.. but maybe it works. Problem is if the PTP get in power they will want to rewrite the constitution (remember) then we get trouble again. I am not really hopeful but who knows maybe we get a period of rest and no protests.

I don't think Thailand can evolve/progress without periods of unrest and protests. Most countries that evolved into stable democracies went through several such periods, and with the way the pooyais have been running the show since forever there is great potential for resentment. 

PS. Before you again bring up the the shameless incident where the two kids died I do not, of course, condone violence in any form, from any side. I just think it's inevitable.

15 minutes ago, Becker said:

I don't think Thailand can evolve/progress without periods of unrest and protests. Most countries that evolved into stable democracies went through several such periods, and with the way the pooyais have been running the show since forever there is great potential for resentment. 

PS. Before you again bring up the the shameless incident where the two kids died I do not, of course, condone violence in any form, from any side. I just think it's inevitable.

Nor do i condone it, i am not sure its inevitable (if everyone wanted to avoid it) . But the way it is everyone wants to be in power to feed of the corruption money. They will kill (let others kill for them) to get there. It wont bring Thailand any closer to a democracy. As long as so much money can be made in politics violence will stay.