Who is required to report to Immigration within 24 hours?

Just now, giddyup said:

Anyone know the procedure for obtaining a Proof of Income letter from the Australian Embassy?

Perhaps you should have Googled it.

I did, I googled it, but the information wasn't complete.

I'm not Australian by the way.

Just now, dentonian said:

I did, I googled it, but the information wasn't complete.

I'm not Australian by the way.

Thank god for that, otherwise I'd have to relinquish my citizenship.

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Thank god for that, otherwise I'd have to relinquish my citizenship.

Have you any idea the procedure a Thai has to go through to visit Australia.

Countless documents and translations and of course an understanding of their Immigration policies.

Australian Immigration tells them nothing, it's for them to find out

In retrospect it's so easy to visit Thailand and your complaining  about one form that nobody told you about and blaming Immigration.

Edited by dentonian

2 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Have you any idea the procedure a Thai has to go through to visit Australia.

Countless documents and translations and of course an understanding of their Immigration policies.

Australian Immigration tells them nothing, it's for them to find out

In retrospect it's so easy to visit Thailand and your complaining  about one form that nobody told you about.

Alien Working Act 2551 en.pdf

Is this the 5 posts argument or is it the entire thread argument?

(Apologies to John Cleese)

11 minutes ago, hgma said:

I have always thought that i needed to go to local police station to report my (new)_ presence  in town.

That's the procedure to follow if there isn't an Immigration office within your province.

4 hours ago, hgma said:

I have always thought that i needed to go to local police station to report my (new)_ presence  in town.

It depends on what you mean with "report my (new) presence in town"

Other than the notification of your address on the arrival card, the Immigration Act mentions the following address notifications:

1. Section 37(2)

[The alien] shall stay at the place as indicated to the competent official. Where there is proper reason

that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he shall notify the competent official

of the change in residence , within 24 hours from the time of removing to said place.

In the context of the above clause, "competent official" is understood to mean any official at the local immigration office, except for the notification with the arrival card, which is handed to the immigration official at the airport or land border entry point.

2. Section 37(3)

[The alien] shall notify the police official of the local police station where such alien resides, within twenty

– four hours from the time of arrival. In the case of change in residence in which new residence is not

located the same area with the former police stations , such alien must notify the police official of the

police station for that area within twenty – four hours from the time of arrival.

Section 37(4)

If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty – four hours , such

alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty – eight hours from the time

of arrival.

Section 37(5)

If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the

competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as

possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is

an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.

Notes

The provision of ( 3 ) and ( 4 ) shall not apply to any cases under Section 34 by any conditions as

prescribed by the Director General.

In making notification under this Section , the alien may make notification in person or send a

letter of notification to the competent official , in accordance with the regulations prescribed by the

Director General .

Section 38

The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager

where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the

competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or

hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office

located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

In case the house , dwelling place , or hotel where the alien has stayed under provision of Para.1

is located within the Bangkok area , such notification must be reported to the competent official at the

Immigration Division.

Making notification , in reference to the Para 1 and 2 of this Section , must comply with

regulations prescribed by the Director General.

Note

As the conditions and regulations "prescribed by the Director General" for the notification requirements cited above do not seem to be publicly available and because reportedly not all competent officials and police stations use the same rules and use different rules at different times for for the implementation of these notifications, it is advisable to inquire from the competent official or police station, as applicable, in your area what the rules are at the time you make the notification.

• Like 1

Ubonjoe, so in my case , where I have a O retirement visa with multiple reentry permit and have given my residential address , if I travel out of the country and then return, I'm exempt from reporting my address again if it's the same address?

49 minutes ago, gaviny said:

Ubonjoe, so in my case , where I have a O retirement visa with multiple reentry permit and have given my residential address , if I travel out of the country and then return, I'm exempt from reporting my address again if it's the same address?

Are you asking about the notification of the arrival of an alien at a residence of which you are the house-master, owner or possessor with the form TM.30?

8 hours ago, gaviny said:

There are two requirements;

One for the alien to report a change of address, one for the 'house master' to report an alien arriving at a residence.

If you leave and re-enter the Country you file the TM6 notifying the same address already registered with Immigration.

You are returning to the same address, so need to file a TM28.

Some Immigration offices though do require the person who could be considered the 'house master' to refile a TM30 on the arrival of the alien returning to his place of residence after exiting/re-entering the Country.

On 2017-5-6 at 8:46 PM, dentonian said:

I would guess at least 80% of (real) tourists would stay at a registered hotel or guest house, who report their presence, so other than completing their arrival card have nothing more to do with Immigration.

If your brother chooses to stay at a Condo (private residence) and the owner isn't available, then he'll have to accept the responsibility of filing the TM30. Alternatively find somewhere else to stay, but that's his choice.

If he comes 9ver on holiday and has no intention of extending his visa then nothing will happen to him as he will not come into contact with immigration. No problem. We never report to local immigration when i go out and return with knew tm6. Was told a long time ago only need to report if you move address.

5 hours ago, dentonian said:

There are two requirements;

One for the alien to report a change of address, one for the 'house master' to report an alien arriving at a residence.

If you leave and re-enter the Country you file the TM6 notifying the same address already registered with Immigration.

You are returning to the same address, so need to file a TM28.

Some Immigration offices though do require the person who could be considered the 'house master' to refile a TM30 on the arrival of the alien returning to his place of residence after exiting/re-entering the Country.

That totally depends on immigration office as ive said told a long time ago no need for tm30 only if you move address.Then me tm28 house master tm30

28 minutes ago, dentonian said:

That video should be pinned to the top of this forum.

Perhaps on the Pattaya forum since it specifically for the Jomtien (Chonburi immigration) office. Different rules at different offices is the problem.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Perhaps on the Pattaya forum since it specifically for the Jomtien (Chonburi immigration) office. Different rules at different offices is the problem.

Very true. Phayao office want a TM30 every time I return to my home after I stay overnight anywhere in Thailand as well as returning from OS. Just spent 2 nights in Chiang Mai so off to Immigration tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Very true. Phayao office want a TM30 every time I return to my home after I stay overnight anywhere in Thailand as well as returning from OS. Just spent 2 nights in Chiang Mai so off to Immigration tomorrow. 

There'sa post on here just recently about that and Pattaya some guy went every time he stayed somewhere else. He was told only needs to report if he moves house will try and find it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I agree.

It is a very informative video though, explaining the requirements by law, even though not every Immigration office enforces them.

If everyone followed that information, less would receive fines.

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

That totally depends on immigration office as ive said told a long time ago no need for tm30 only if you move address.Then me tm28 house master tm30

That's why I specifically stated 'Some Immigration offices'.

My office only requires a TM30 to be filed if changing address or re-entering after leaving the Country

They do not request a new TM30 if  I visit friends/family in Nakhon Nowhere for 2 weeks.

Only your own office can advise how they enforce the law.

Its so easy to comfirm what your local immigration office wants re this. Ask them it would stop all this we do we dont ect ect . Dont have to make a speacial trip ask next time your there and if you dont use immigration for anything then forget about it simple really.

2 minutes ago, dentonian said:

My office only requires a TM30 to be filed if changing address or re-entering after leaving the Country

They do not request a new TM30 if  I visit friends/family in Nakhon Nowhere for 2 weeks.

So why not name office then others in your area will know.

Mine only want tm30 if i change adress,  Even if ive been out the country or on holiday in thailand they dont want one. Khon kaen

12 minutes ago, dentonian said:

So, bit of a waste of time to wade though the Immigration act, as you suggested, if the rules are open to interpretation by each individual office.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So, bit of a waste of time to wade though the Immigration act, as you suggested, if the rules are open to interpretation by each individual office.

I consider it to be improbable that our contrarian friend will reply to this post.

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

If you watch the video it explains the relevance of section 37 and 38 from the Immigration Act.

Not a waste of time at all to wade through the Immigration Act at all.

Every section applies to aliens, not just the two quoted.

It's entirely an individuals choice what to read.

On 5/6/2017 at 9:27 PM, Lovethailandelite said:

The Law has been in place since around 1974. People chose to ignore it as did immigration. Now it's not being ignored anymore, it needs to be complied with at those offices that require it.

You quoted, but obviously didn't even bother to read, the specific points that I raised.  Typical mindlessness that helps no one and contributes nothing.

Edited by hawker9000

3 minutes ago, dentonian said:

If you watch the video it explains the relevance of section 37 and 38 from the Immigration Act.

Not a waste of time at all to wade through the Immigration Act at all.

Every section applies to aliens, not just the two quoted.

It's entirely an individuals choice what to read.

Ducking and weaving. If those two laws are open to interpretation, do you imagine others aren't?

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

There'sa post on here just recently about that and Pattaya some guy went every time he stayed somewhere else. He was told only needs to report if he moves house will try and find it.

What Phayao is doing is to create work. They are a new office. When I use to report Chaing  Rai there was no problem.