Does Chiang Mai have basic spas?

finy

Not all fancy prancy ones with girls cooling you down with bamboo leaves and fancy waterfalls everywhere.

just an indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room, and sauna like you'd get as part of health club back home.

seems the best gyms with equipment don't have them, so will need to find a separate place.

i hope I explained it well enough and it didn't seem like I was talking about a high end spa where you get wheatgrass shots complimentary.

cheers

Centara Hotel on Loi Kroh Rd. has  these facilities as part of their fitness center membership.  They have a large pool (outdoor however) and the facilities you desire are in each locker room, so they aren't co-ed.  I've used the ones in the women's locker room, back when I was a member.  The jacuzzi was very nice, and the best part of warming up after swimming laps outdoors in January.  They have a sauna and I guess you can pour water over rocks and make it a sauna.  Don't know, I never used it.  The membership rates are reasonable.

On 5/6/2017 at 7:19 PM, NancyL said:

Centara Hotel on Loi Kroh Rd. has  these facilities as part of their fitness center membership.  They have a large pool (outdoor however) and the facilities you desire are in each locker room, so they aren't co-ed.  I've used the ones in the women's locker room, back when I was a member.  The jacuzzi was very nice, and the best part of warming up after swimming laps outdoors in January.  They have a sauna and I guess you can pour water over rocks and make it a sauna.  Don't know, I never used it.  The membership rates are reasonable.

All you need is a gym membership at a reasonably good or better hotel.

21 hours ago, Dante99 said:

All you need is a gym membership at a reasonably good or better hotel.

I was a member at the Le Meridien for a time and they didn't have a sauna.  Yes, there was a jacuzzi section in the outdoor pool, but no sauna and steam room.

But, I agree most good or better hotels have the features the OP is looking for, but not all offer public memberships.

And yes, there are few indoor pools in Chiang Mai.  I do wish they had solar heaters for the water for the outdoor pools for Dec & Jan, however.