Tony's gym on 3rd Road

elgenon

When I was last in Pattaya I saw a photo on TV of a murdered man and the women in the local salon said it was Tony, the man behind many ventures in Pattaya. Is Tony dead and is his gym on 3rd Road open? I am a lifetime member but I thought they meant my life.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:34 PM, elgenon said:

When I was last in Pattaya I saw a photo on TV of a murdered man and the women in the local salon said it was Tony, the man behind many ventures in Pattaya. Is Tony dead and is his gym on 3rd Road open? I am a lifetime member but I thought they meant my life.

No it was a different Tony that was killed. Tony of Tonys Gyms is very much alive and well, loving life with his wife and 4 kids, and about 1100 (at last count) dogs. :smile:

No it was a different Tony that was killed. Tony of Tonys Gyms is very much alive and well, loving life with his wife and 4 kids, and about 1100 (at last count) dogs.[emoji2]

That's why he's a billionaire? He doesn't replace equipment in his gyms or leave the air conditioning units on! He could at least make sure every machine has its own pin for the weights, rather than having the customer steal a pin from an equipment not being used! Not much choice seems like he's cornered the market. Shit gyms... But then what can you do if he's cornered the market?
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

That's why he's a billionaire? He doesn't replace equipment in his gyms or leave the air conditioning units on! He could at least make sure every machine has its own pin for the weights, rather than having the customer steal a pin from an equipment not being used! Not much choice seems like he's cornered the market. Shit gyms... But then what can you do if he's cornered the market?

He hasn't, there are plenty of gyms around. Prime Gym on Thappraya has it's equipment for sale. Prime Gym Suk Soi 101 is for sale.

• 11 months later...
On 6/1/2017 at 1:14 AM, Laab Muu said:

No it was a different Tony that was killed. Tony of Tonys Gyms is very much alive and well, loving life with his wife and 4 kids, and about 1100 (at last count) dogs. :smile:

Dogs that are left alone dying ?

On 6/1/2017 at 1:21 AM, reenatinnakor said:

He did corner the market at one stage after California Wow closed down back in 2012, but I think that's slowly coming to an end as competition in the market slowly improves. He's a bit like the Nokia of gyms. He became too confident in his position and let everything go downhill, service included. (charging members for bottled water was a good example. Not using aircon another and not maintaining his equipment). I don't see many people training in his main gyms on 3rd Road, despite having countless lifetime members on his books. I used my lifetime membership for a year and a bit before I moved on.