Subs ‘a govt-to-govt deal’

rooster59

12 hours ago, robblok said:

If you assume everyone is lying.. without proof.. then what is the point.

If this is truly a goverment to goverment deal and we know how the Chinese deal with corruption then its a safe bet not much to no corruption money is paid. 

:cheesy::cheesy::clap2::clap2::laugh:

:cheesy::cheesy::clap2::clap2::laugh:

Have you seen how the Chinese deal with corruption ?

But this only applies to true gov to gov deals. If there is a middle men things change.

But truth be told i would certainly not bet my life on no money being pocketed. But if gov to gov the chance is a lot less.

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Have you seen how the Chinese deal with corruption ?

But this only applies to true gov to gov deals. If there is a middle men things change.

But truth be told i would certainly not bet my life on no money being pocketed. But if gov to gov the chance is a lot less.

Do we live on the same planet? :D

I find it hard to fathom that anyone would have so much rose tint on their glasses to not see the obvious happening right in front of them. :burp:

Edited by jabis
typos

14 hours ago, YetAnother said:

"He said he personally thought it was necessary for the country to have submarines "

so the leader of this 'probe' has a bias and publicly expresses it

Certainly seems that way  + that comment about dog in the house..... hand out the tissues cause it's a Happy Ending for the Admiral-in-Charge of the Submarine Fleet. 

35 minutes ago, jabis said:

Do we live on the same planet? :D

I find it hard to fathom that anyone would have so much rose tint on their glasses to not see the obvious happening right in front of them. :burp:

Just find the corruption charge punishment in China serious

Defendants convicted of “especially serious” offences of graft of between 1.5 million yuan and 3 million yuan, including embezzling disaster relief funds, embezzling money for illegal activities or refusing to hand over illicit funds, could also face the death penalty under the new rules.

Just now, Blue bruce said:

Whatever happened to the buses made in China but purchas ed from Malaysia .

Swept under the carpet as will the submarine deal. 

Shouldn't the auditors probe be started before the procurement?  ? ? 

They're being scrapped and the company purchasing (and evading tax) went bankrupt x)

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Just find the corruption charge punishment in China serious

Defendants convicted of “especially serious” offences of graft of between 1.5 million yuan and 3 million yuan, including embezzling disaster relief funds, embezzling money for illegal activities or refusing to hand over illicit funds, could also face the death penalty under the new rules.

Yes, but it usually happens only to those belonging the CP faction opposed to the one in power.  No similarity with the way it happens in Thailand. Well, ahem, forget about it.

Those that try to find the corruption in the deal won't find it.......and that's not where the money is

i would be looking at who has won the contract to build the naval bases the sub pens dry docks the accomodation the parts supply the maintance contracts on the infastrucure because all that has 7 years prior to the arrival and then these subs will see 20-25 years service so that 32 years to make a lot of money 

Edited by steve williams

That goverments wasting taxpayers ' money is not a new thing.

But the whole thing does not make any sense in any military strategy.

30 billion baht + follow up costs for nothing. Surprising how Thailand could get along without submarines for 60 years.

9 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

How can people pilot a sub who cant lay down a concrete driveway without dogs and children treading in it before it sets. Then never to be fixed 29 years so we get to look at the results like dinosaurs footprints forever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erm  actually  im in the  process and I admit "amazingly"  found some half decent workers at 80bahtm2 for polished finish.......350m2 being done..............they only do gas station forecourts so have at least some idea how to do it pretty  well

20170507_090244-web.jpg

20170504_131216-web.jpg

20170507_080941-web.jpg

Edited by kannot

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

That goverments wasting taxpayers ' money is not a new thing.

But the whole thing does not make any sense in any military strategy.

30 billion baht + follow up costs for nothing. Surprising how Thailand could get along without submarines for 60 years.

"think"  they   are  masters  of  Asia,  now  with  them  they  will be:whistling:

9 hours ago, candide said:

Yes, but it usually happens only to those belonging the CP faction opposed to the one in power.  No similarity with the way it happens in Thailand. Well, ahem, forget about it.

I have read that corruption dropped a lot since these measures, if you are saying its selective then I will have to take your word for it as I am not knowledgeable about Chinese politics. I have not read much about it at all. I am amazed you have found stuff about it in the press I thought they would be real tight lipped about stuff like that over there.

On 07/05/2017 at 5:15 AM, rooster59 said:

In an exclusive interview with The Nation, Pisit said that the office’s priority in conducting the probe was to evaluate whether the Yuan-class S26T submarine’s specifications would actually meet the Navy’s expectations as stipulated in its long-term strategy.

As these are deep water machines and totally inappropriate for the RTN's function of patrolling Thailand's coastal waters it is obvious to most observers that they are in no way suitable. These are full on obsolete battlewagons, useful only in a war.

12 minutes ago, MobileContent said:

If it is a G2G deal I wonder why their have to be 17 payments.

It would be rather foolish to think that the government will be handling the transaction. Government is not a trading enterprise. The purchase would rather be done by the trading arm of the government. The submarine manufacturer will probably be very much involved and so will be the auxiliary weaponries and spare parts from other manufacturers. Then the logistic of moving the submarine in-land and off-shore. Maybe that account for the 17 payment and lots of brown envelopes greasing the palms along the way. Just my morning thoughts.:smile:   

4 hours ago, robblok said:

I have read that corruption dropped a lot since these measures, if you are saying its selective then I will have to take your word for it as I am not knowledgeable about Chinese politics. I have not read much about it at all. I am amazed you have found stuff about it in the press I thought they would be real tight lipped about stuff like that over there.

This one is the most famous:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-24170726

Sarcasm apart, it is probably true that corruption dropped. For example, the government has controlled and reduced the use of business lunches and other presents to civil servants. As a results, sales of Remy Martin have gone down. That's a reliable indicator. :smile:

8 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

It would be rather foolish to think that the government will be handling the transaction. Government is not a trading enterprise. The purchase would rather be done by the trading arm of the government. The submarine manufacturer will probably be very much involved and so will be the auxiliary weaponries and spare parts from other manufacturers. Then the logistic of moving the submarine in-land and off-shore. Maybe that account for the 17 payment and lots of brown envelopes greasing the palms along the way. Just my morning thoughts.:smile:   

Yes exactly Eric by 17 installments their is a lot of brown envelopes involved. 

On 07/05/2017 at 2:19 AM, Ricardo said:

If it only comes  "with four torpedos offered by the Chinese state factory",  what do the navy do, once they've fired them as part of testing or training ? :whistling:

And if  "the submarine purchase deal was genuinely between the governments of Thailand and China",  why wasn'tt it signed by a proper Thai government official, say a Defence Minister or some such, rather than a serving naval officer ? :wink:

It was also not signed by a Chinese government's representative.