Phuket dog shelter to be renovated to tackle street dog problems

rooster59

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

A government van used to come around a week before the cull handing out collars. If a dog wore the collar, even a soi dog, it was left alone when they came back and and captured all the dogs without collars. It worked well.

I remeber it also good. It works not bad till the early 90' when they handed no collars out and catched and culled 2 wrong dogs from Patong people. Saw it when the dog catcher at Loma got a good beating and nearly were culled by dog owners and friends. This was one of the last catching nights.

Best solution would be a good combination.

42 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Yes, including you (hardly an original saying).

Please show me your data on the effectiveness of the neutering program on Phuket.

I do realise that it does work, but, only if the size of the operation is commensurate with the size of the target location.

If Phuket had another hundred organizations doing the neutering here in Phuket, then I have no doubt that the effort to rid the streets of stray dogs would work.

As there are only two organizations doing it here, it is self-evidently just a drop in the ocean and the end result is negligible.

I'll be interested to see your Phuket based facts.....

As the late great Cuthbert Mucklebum used to say, "put up, or shut-up".

Seems to me that it is YOU who owes us some facts, for which I asked you several posts ago, in support of your outlandish assertions and bloodlust. Still waiting for a single fact...

6 minutes ago, fstarbkk said:

Seems to me that it is YOU who owes us some facts, for which I asked you several posts ago, in support of your outlandish assertions and bloodlust. Still waiting for a single fact...

Facts? If you lived in Phuket, you could use your own eyes like I do.

How, about those facts you claim to have, relating to Phuket, of course. Anywhere else isn't valid.

How about the fact that Soi Dogs (or PAWS) and the municipal dog pounds are both full and not accepting new strays (as reported here on TV).

How do you explain that if the sterilization efforts have been effective?

Why don't you search the Phuket forum for threads with people complaining that they can't take their dogs for a walk without being harrassed by packs of stray dogs.

I KNOW what the situation here is in Phuket, do you? Hardly seems likely looking at your username.

16 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Facts? If you lived in Phuket, you could use your own eyes like I do.

How, about those facts you claim to have, relating to Phuket, of course. Anywhere else isn't valid.

How about the fact that Soi Dogs (or PAWS) and the municipal dog pounds are both full and not accepting new strays (as reported here on TV).

How do you explain that if the sterilization efforts have been effective?

Why don't you search the Phuket forum for threads with people complaining that they can't take their dogs for a walk without being harrassed by packs of stray dogs.

I KNOW what the situation here is in Phuket, do you? Hardly seems likely looking at your username.

Sounds like you're quoting more opinions instead of facts, as proof of your preconceived notions... a very trumpian tactic (hey, it worked for him!). 

If you must know, I have recently escaped the island of the damned. In my 6 years there, I actively did things about animal and community welfare (unlike you I expect), besides running a very successful business. 

With that, I bid you farewell, as there is no way to combat delusional thinking with logic and I'd rather spend my time on things that have a reasonable chance of improving the world. But feel free to drop me a line when you get back from your China trip!

On 5/7/2017 at 11:40 AM, hugh2121 said:

Why don't more major towns have stray dog shelters?

what for 4 million soi dogs? Sterilization countrywide is weeing in the wind. They need to offer a bounty of say 40 baht for every soi dog carcass brought in, money would solve the problem. Thailand will always look like a third world slummy place with soi dogs everywhere you go.

Edited by Orton Rd

7 hours ago, fstarbkk said:

Sounds like you're quoting more opinions instead of facts, as proof of your preconceived notions... a very trumpian tactic (hey, it worked for him!). 

If you must know, I have recently escaped the island of the damned. In my 6 years there, I actively did things about animal and community welfare (unlike you I expect), besides running a very successful business. 

With that, I bid you farewell, as there is no way to combat delusional thinking with logic and I'd rather spend my time on things that have a reasonable chance of improving the world. But feel free to drop me a line when you get back from your China trip!

So you have no proof at all and you're going to use the Vietnam Gambit. Declare victory and make a speedy exit.

Well done. Very Trumpian of you. Glad to see you took old Cuthbert Mucklebum's advice. Seeya.

Oh, by the way, bigging yourself up by trying to grab the moral high ground and trumpeting your own success is a bit immature. Especially when you don't know me. You might want to think about avoiding doing that in the future as it just makes you look foolish. Just sayin' like......

Edited by KarenBravo