UK spouse visa - income question part 2

UK Spouse visa

Can anyone confirm that all I need from the financial side, if in salaried employment for 6 months or more is 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements showing deposits equal too or more than the required income (after tax)...(oh and the letter from employer etc ) I have read the guidance many times but I think Im getting myself confused...

A Google search shows:

The financial (minimum income) requirement for partner visas. ... The sponsoring spouse or partner is required to show a minimum gross annual income (or equivalent in cash savings) of £18,600.

Gross would be before tax is removed.

Sorry, after a bit more googling i am not sure if the above info is correct.  Other sources have different requirements and i am not sure if this should be multiplied by 2.5 as that is the length of the visa.

If anybody has a better answer feel free to contribute.

I would also like to know how savings can be used if you do not make the 18,600pa salary requirement.

41 minutes ago, darren1971 said:

sorry wasn't clear.... regarding the evidence, is it just payslips, personal bank statements and letter from employee.... 

You really need to read the guidance, it's all in there:

5.6.1. The evidence required to demonstrate income from salaried employment (and, by virtue of paragraph 18(d), non-salaried employment) is specified in Appendix FM-SE:
2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies1), all of the following evidence must be provided:

(a) Payslips covering:

(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not apply); or

(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self-employed person.

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming: (i) the person's employment and gross annual salary; (ii) the length of their employment;

(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

(c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

(d) Where the person is a director of a limited company based in the UK, evidence that the company is not a type specified in paragraph 9(a). This can include the latest Annual Return filed at Companies House.

In addition to the evidence listed above, paragraph 2A of Appendix FM-SE specifies that P60(s) for the relevant period(s) of employment (if issued) and a signed contract(s) of employment may also be submitted in respect of paid employment in the UK. If they are not submitted, the decision-maker may grant the application if otherwise satisfied that the requirements of Appendix FM-SE relating to that employment are met, or they may ask for the documents to be submitted in accordance with paragraph D of the Appendix.

Just now, theoldgit said:

You really need to read the guidance, it's all in there:

yes have read it, multiple times, So it is just the payslips, personal bank statements and letter from employer... I thought there was more, but obviously not

The methods of meeting the financial requirement (the 18,600 GBP a year) are slightly different for salaried and non-salaried employment.  Basically, salaried employment is employment that has an annual salary (eg 25,000 GBP a year). Non-salaried employment is employment which is paid at an hourly, weekly, monthly, etc, rate (eg 10 GBP an hour).  The obvious first question is, do you have an income from salary of more than 18,600 GBP a year ? 

1 minute ago, Tony M said:

The methods of meeting the financial requirement (the 18,600 GBP a year) are slightly different for salaried and non-salaried employment.  Basically, salaried employment is employment that has an annual salary (eg 25,000 GBP a year). Non-salaried employment is employment which is paid at an hourly, weekly, monthly, etc, rate (eg 10 GBP an hour).  The obvious first question is, do you have an income from salary of more than 18,600 GBP a year ? 

yes the salary is no problem, Im just confused of the documents required for salaried employed - over 6 months employed. From what I can gather it is just 6 months payslips, 6 months bank statements and a letter from employer

9 minutes ago, darren1971 said:

yes the salary is no problem, Im just confused of the documents required for salaried employed - over 6 months employed. From what I can gather it is just 6 months payslips, 6 months bank statements and a letter from employer

So you are on an annual salary ?

Just now, darren1971 said:

yes

Okay. You will need the following, for the 6 months prior to the date of application  (that means not older than 28 days before the date of application) :

6 x wage slips (for the 6 months prior to the date of application)

6 x bank statements, showing the net salary paid in (for the same months as the wage slips).

Employment letter, confirming your employment, job title, salary level, when you started working there, whether your employment is permanent, temporary, contract, etc.

Your "annual" salary will be calculated by taking the lowest gross monthly  salary (effectively your basic monthly salary) in the 6 months prior to the date of application, and multiplying it by 12. That is your lowest basic gross salary.  If that figure is 18,600 or more, you should qualify. Effectively, that means you must have a basic gross salary of at least 1550 GBP in each of the 6 months prior to the date of application (1550 x 12 = 18,600).  Overtime payments can be added to that basic gross monthly salary to meet the 18,600 GBP requirement (if your "annualised" basic gross salary doesn't meet the 18,600 GBP requirement), but that requires another calculation.

1 minute ago, Tony M said:

Okay. You will need the following, for the 6 months prior to the date of application  (that means not older than 28 days before the date of application) :

6 x wage slips (for the 6 months prior to the date of application)

6 x bank statements, showing the net salary paid in (for the same months as the wage slips).

Employment letter, confirming your employment, job title, salary level, when you started working there, whether your employment is permanent, temporary, contract, etc.

Your "annual" salary will be calculated by taking the lowest gross monthly  salary (effectively your basic monthly salary) in the 6 months prior to the date of application, and multiplying it by 12. That is your lowest basic gross salary.  If that figure is 18,600 or more, you should qualify. Effectively, that means you must have a basic gross salary of at least 1550 GBP in each of the 6 months prior to the date of application (1550 x 12 = 18,600).  Overtime payments can be added to that basic gross monthly salary to meet the 18,600 GBP requirement (if your "annualised" basic gross salary doesn't meet the 18,600 GBP requirement), but that requires another calculation.

yep that's what i was getting.... simple enough. Apart from the costs a spouse visa seems much easier than a visit visa.

13 minutes ago, darren1971 said:

Apart from the costs a spouse visa seems much easier than a visit visa.

That is exactly what I have been thinking since starting to research the process of applying for a settlement visa.  I thought it would have been the reverse.

Just now, Laab Muu said:

That is exactly what I have been thinking since starting to research the process of applying for a settlement visa.  I thought it would have been the reverse.

I wonder what the success rate is, really the only part they can be subjective on is the relationship, but if youre married they cant really question that even

8 minutes ago, darren1971 said:

I wonder what the success rate is, really the only part they can be subjective on is the relationship, but if youre married they cant really question that even

I have looked at it all and it seems almost too easy and straight forward, English test, TB test, place to live, earnings over 18,600 per year, and proof of genuine relationship. I keep thinking I must be missing something here? My wife was refused a visit visa last year and they stated that they were in no doubt the relationship was genuine, the financials were okay, but could not be convinced that she was in all probabilities going to return to Thailand! I guess they should be happy this time around as the plan is now to stay in the UK....

Edited by Laab Muu
spelling

5 minutes ago, darren1971 said:

I understand that the refusal rate is fairly high. The reason being that many applicants and sponsors cannot understand the requirements, or apply even though they cannot meet the requirements, or do not provide the required documentation.   Salaried employment is actually the easiest requirement to meet. It gets more complicated when the sponsor is, for instance, self-employed.

2 minutes ago, Laab Muu said:

I have looked at it all and it seems almost too easy and straight forward, English test, TB test, place to live, earnings over 18,600 per year, and proof of genuine relationship. I keep thinking I must be missing something here? My wife was refused a visit visa last year and they stated that they were in no doubt the relationship was genuine, the financials were okay, but could not be convinced that she was in all probabilities going to return to Thailand! I guess they should be happy this time around as the plan is now to stay in the UK....

You are right.  The nonsense of it all is that it is government policy to reduce the number of immigrants, yet the UKVI refuse genuine visitors, and force them, in many cases, to apply for settlement. Their decisions actually go against government policy, as they are contributing to higher immigrant numbers. 

1 hour ago, Tony M said:

I understand that the refusal rate is fairly high. The reason being that many applicants and sponsors cannot understand the requirements, or apply even though they cannot meet the requirements, or do not provide the required documentation.   Salaried employment is actually the easiest requirement to meet. It gets more complicated when the sponsor is, for instance, self-employed.

yes I am actually self employed in a business partnership so my accountant is just going to make me an employee, pay the required amount each month for 6 months and then apply.... The self employed route just had too many issues with multiple streams of income having to be used, some online paypal business etc.... in general being self employed in the uk is a disadvantage

Edited by darren1971