Hi All

Directly to the problem...My grandma she is 77 year old. She is Indonesian. She lives here with my parents who are working here. She has a non-immigrant visa. She has to leave the Kingdom on May 15th to get visa run and she has to leave again on November. I don't know what kind of category of visa my grandma has (may be O).

The problem is I feel that it is not comfortable for her (i mean she's already old) to travel many times to get visa run. So may be you could give me some advice. Is there any kind of visa for the old? Or is there any exception for the old to get visa run not by themself. I'm thinking about get the visa run on her behalf. Can I do that? If she can get one year visa it would be wonderful.

Thank you.

Regards

Sari

I don't know what kind of category of visa my grandma has (may be O).

The problem is I feel that it is not comfortable for her (i mean she's already old) to travel many times to get visa run.  So may be you could give me some advice.  Is there any kind of visa  for the old?

as you know, non immigrant O visa is for OTHER , not OLD

Or is there any exception for the old to get visa run not by themself.  I'm thinking about get the visa run on her behalf. Can I do that? If she can get one year visa it would be wonderful.

no one can legally do a visa run for someone else, period...even if someone is in the hospital they can only get a temporary extension from thai immigration for medical reasons, but no one can go across the border for your grandma.

you should have her try at thai immigration for a one year extension, that would be ideal if she could get that.

if not, get a one year non immigrant visa from penang

good luck and report back on thiavisa.com how it turned out.

I understand you try to solve the problem and I am sure that you will receive some valuable advices.

However I am intrigued by the fact that now,on May 4th,you see this problem coming at May 15th!

How (and when) did you grandmother arrive in the first place?

If your parents are the only children she has got ,I see why,but still B4 making these plans you should have consider all options and (im)possibilities.

I hope you will find a quick and good solution.

Hi All

Directly to the problem...My grandma she is 77 year old. She is Indonesian. She lives here with my parents who are working here. She has a non-immigrant visa. She has to leave the Kingdom on May 15th to get visa run and she has to leave again on November. I don't know what kind of category of visa my grandma has (may be O).

The problem is I feel that it is not comfortable for her (i mean she's already old) to travel many times to get visa run. So may be you could give me some advice. Is there any kind of visa for the old? Or is there any exception for the old to get visa run not by themself. I'm thinking about get the visa run on her behalf. Can I do that? If she can get one year visa it would be wonderful.

Thank you.

Regards

Sari

Granny can open a bank account with 800,000 baht and extend her Non-Imm O visa for a year at a time based on retirement. No need to leave Thailand thereafter

Sorry for being slightly off topic again, but this reminded me of a story I heard a couple of years ago.

A Norwegian family went on vacation down on the European continent in their car. Granny was with them. Unfortunately, old granny expired in Spain. The family checked their options and realized that transporting a corpse from Spain to Norway would take a sizeable bite out of their household budget (Zinc coffin, paper work etc etc) so they decided to transport her themselves.

They bought a ski box, put granny in the ski box and started driving back home. Late at night they arrived in Denmark and decided to take a break and continue the next morning. Parked outside the hotel, checked in and fell asleep. The next morning, the car was gone. A car thief had stolen it not knowing what was in the skibox. Neither the car, the skibox nor granny was ever seen again. Guess the car thief disposed of it all when he discovered what he had stolen.