Address-Reporting??? Scenarios! Please help!

On 15/05/2017 at 0:50 PM, Sambotte said:

Got lost again :)

As tourist, renting a condo, do i have or not to report to immigration ???

It's for the owner to do it i guess no ?

Otherwise well any TOURIST should worrie about that, not to mention AirB&B users, but even for hotel in case hotel forget to do the report ???

That would be interesting to clarify. If tourist have to report within 24h for each new location, well bye bye the millions of tourists in Thailand... Or thousand queuing at immigration lol... Would be a total non-sense no ?

Lots of topics touched in your post but generally if you rent your condo long term then you can be considered the house-master and have to report yourself.

Many AirBnB are illegal in Thailand as they got no license for short term rentals and probably don't pay taxes either. I'd suspect that the vast majority wont report their tenants to immigration.

And yes according to law every tourist has to report their location (to police) within 24h. It's ridicolous and of course would completely melt down the tourist industry if enforced consistently. But as with many laws and rules in Thailand, sometimes they get enforced and sometimes not.

Most tourists never run into the issue because they only fine people who extend their stay, ask for a residency certificate etc. They don't (yet) fine people just leaving Thailand again. But I'd bet that a huge percentage of tourists never get reported.

Ok thanks. It's to immigration though i think.

Happens that i need a residency certificate or something like that for another purpose, and that i renewed my passport today,, so anyway i'm going to immigration, will see.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2017 at 4:26 PM, JackThompson said:

#2 Was true at Jomtien a couple months ago - but one recent report saying. "...only if you've been away more than a month" - and before those policies, it was, "Do it one time, then only again if you move,"  and before that, it was never enforced at all.   The last instructions they gave me were to report immediately upon any travel, which I will do until they tell me to do otherwise.

Update: I did another trip out of the country and back and went to Jomtien Immigration.  They did the TM-30, even though I had only been gone a few days and returned to the same address.  So, from my experience, even short trips out-of-country still require this. 

On 9.5.2560 at 1:54 AM, Jacksped said:

The one in Nakhon si Thammarat, the school said it would.be a fine of at least 1,600 baht for not reporting to immigration.

Some of the new teachers that just arrived from other countries.have been fined already as they took too long to get to Nakhon. So report when you arrive within 24 hours, and report every time you step outside the city for more than 24 hours.

Yes, this is true. I also had to pay 1.600 Baht fine.