Man killed after jumping in front of Phitsanulok-Bangkok train

webfact

Man killed after jumping in front of train
By The Nation

2e43b138ac695a8a13b90272ee1fb984.jpeg

PHITSANULOK: -- An unidentified man died after jumping in front of the Phitsanulok-Bangkok train in Phitsanulok’s Muang district on Monday morning.

Police said the accident happened at about 6.30am at the rail crossing on Malabiang Road, some two kilometres south of Phitsanulok Railway Station.

Lieutenant Prasong Kluabsopha, deputy inspector of Phitsanulok Railway Police Station, said the man was not carrying identification documents and had Bt320 on him.

Prasong quoted the train driver, Sanya Tungsakul, as saying that when the train was passing the rail crossing the man jumped in front of it.

The body was dragged about 150 metres. 

Police, railway officials and rescuers gathered the pieces of the body and sent them to Naresuan University Hospital in an attempt to identify the man.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30314550

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-09

2 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Times are getting hard, check FB to see how once medium well off Thais are now selling there prize possessions to survive.

Not all medium well-off Thais are selling "there" [sic] possessions.  

Many more previously well-off Venezuelan people are selling their possessions these days.  And many more people in India jump in front of trains, or lay down on the track....to end it all. 

2 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Times are getting hard, check FB to see how once medium well off Thais are now selling there prize possessions to survive.

not dis similar to what Australians have to do these days ...

RIP train jumper.

The line of bodies at the morgues must be out the door these days.

If a witness confirmed he jumped in front of the train; that is not an accident, but a suicide.

Sad that anyone feels they have no other choice, but spare a thought also for the members of the teams that, quote,......... ' gathered the parts of the body to take away'......R.I.P. 

On 2017/5/8 at 6:02 PM, grumbleweed said:

Knowing the speed of these trains, for every one person killed by jumping in front of them, 10 must die of starvation waiting for them

Good Joke Grumbleweed.  Everything goes slowly in Thailand. The dances are slow, the song are sung slowly. Even the spoken language is slow. When I first learned Thai language I felt so good because they speak slowly most of the time and I could catch every word. Not like the Italian, Spanish or French, always in a hurry.

8 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Sad that anyone feels they have no other choice, but spare a thought also for the members of the teams that, quote,......... ' gathered the parts of the body to take away'......R.I.P. 

Has anyone spared a thought for the poor bastard driving that train?

There's not much a driiver can do when someone comes out of nowhere and decides to get run over. Swerving is out and brakes rarely fail. Rest In Pieces in this case.