How To Post A Pic?

pumpuiman

I have been trying to post a picture from my "my pictures" folder to a thread on houses. It's a jpg. file. I put the file in the attachments box and hit upload...and it says "uploading" but just spins forever and never loads.

Am I doing something wrong?

I really dont have a clue about this stuff... :o any help would be great.

Thanks

Hmm..everything hat you have done seems ok to me

How about trying to clean cookies and caches then start all over again ja?

at IE 's window

Tools > internet options> delete file (/) delete all offline content >ok

then > delete cookies

Edited by BambinA

Hmm..everything hat you have done seems ok to me

How about trying to clean cookies and caches then start all over again ja?

at IE 's window

Tools > internet options> delete file (/) delete all offline content >ok

then > delete cookies

Tried deleting cache/cookies, tried loading pic...waited 15 minutes...still reads "uploading file"

did I wait long enough?

If you could be so kind, can you add local images via the 'Insert image' button along the top or the 'attachments' at the bottom?

If I try to use the 'Insert image' button, it always asks for a http:// location and does not upload any file on my local computer.

cheers

Edited by Douggie Style

If you could be so kind, can you add local images via the 'Insert image' button along the top or the 'attachments' at the bottom?

If I try to use the 'Insert image' button, it always asks for a http:// location and does not upload any file on my local computer.

cheers

The image has to be on a remote server rather then a local upload to use the Insert Image button. If you want to use the TV server to save the images and insert then need to use the "Browse" and "UPLOAD" buttons to get it here. Then click "Manage Current Attachements" and select the image to put the link into the post.

cheers

Yeah, I add images from the net, that works fine....just cant post my own. Frustrating, as I have been asked several times to post the pictures of my new home in Isaan.

cheers

Yeah, I add images from the net, that works fine....just cant post my own. Frustrating, as I have been asked several times to post the pictures of my new home in Isaan.

Try to find the smallest image you can, for example - right click on your avatar and select "Save image as" to save it on your computer. Then Browse that image and UPLOAD and see how it behaves. Here is a small 8k picture, just right click and save image and use it.

post-566-1166964784_thumb.jpg

cheers

Try to find the smallest image you can, for example - right click on your avatar and select "Save image as" to save it on your computer. Then Browse that image and UPLOAD and see how it behaves.

Just tried the avatar.....same thing, the never ending upload.

I just gave it a try with a sample picture.

It did not upload from the 'My Pictures" folder but did OK from a different folder on a different drive. No idea why.

post-3742-1166962977_thumb.jpg

opalhort

nice picture, what is it?

it's a hybrid variety of the Plumeria plant.

opalhort

What browser are you using? Do you have another one such as firefox to try it with?

I'm using Mozilla/ firefox

Try Internet Explorer (bite my tongue now) and see if it has the same problem.

What browser are you using? Do you have another one such as firefox to try it with?

I'm using Mozilla/ firefox

Try Internet Explorer (bite my tongue now) and see if it has the same problem.

Ooops, see you already did.

is there a way to enable firefox to do it also?

I only use firefox and how I do it. Just try again under options > Privacy > Clear Cookies & Cache

Also check under Options > Content > Enable java & enable Java script

Hit the CTRL and F5 key at the same time after to reload and see if it works.

Also under Help > About Firefox, what version does it show?

is there a way to enable firefox to do it also?

I only use firefox and how I do it. Just try again under options > Privacy > Clear Cookies & Cache

Also check under Options > Content > Enable java & enable Java script

Hit the CTRL and F5 key at the same time after to reload and see if it works.

Also under Help > About Firefox, what version does it show?

Version 1.0.2 still not working after trying your suggestions.....thanks for your help anyway....any other ideas?

Version 1.0.2 still not working after trying your suggestions.....thanks for your help anyway....any other ideas?

1.0.2 is quite old, try downloading the latest version 2.0

Gotcha....thanks for the tip, and all your help. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

Eric