Video: Hammer and paper road rage - only scissors missing from this childish highway duel

webfact

Video: Hammer and paper road rage - only scissors missing from this childish highway duel

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- Dash cam footage posted online shows a driver of a pick-up and a car having a long running and dangerous joust down a busy Bangkok road.

The car seems intent on blocking off the pick-up for some reason while the lights on the truck start flashing. Both are seemingly oblivious to other road users, reported Thai Rath.

But rather than the gun that is often waved in such incidents the car driver produces a hammer.....then throws out a pile of cut up paper.

Thais making light of the incident after it was posted on a Facebook fan page said the only thing missing was the scissors.

This relates to the game "scissors, paper, rock" - the Thais use the word for a hammer instead of rock.

The footage - thought to be on Rama 2 road inbound on Sunday evening - has been viewed nearly 400,000 times.

Many netizens seemed more concerned with the littering aspect than the appalling and threatening driving shown in the clip in a story that was reported by Thai Rath.

And many surmised that the person in the car must be a building contractor because of the hammer in his possession.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-09

7 hours ago, survivalblue said:

I'd suggest dash cams be required for documentation of license plates and the drivers who are causing unsafe road conditions must all have their license revoked and vehicles impounded.

Too complicated that for the authorities here :whistling:

They hate being in second place, even when they're in the wrong, and life's are at risk!

Which also includes waiting their turn at the cashiers desk, at such places as 7/11. I think we've all experienced their impatient and very rude ways. Or when waiting to board buses etc.

Earlier this morning, I was almost killed, but narrowly missed, but another motorcyclist was hit and severely injured, because of two idiot pickup drivers battling for lead position on a normal two lane road.

Pathetic. Idiotic. Uncaring. Impatient. Immature mindsets.

17 minutes ago, pentap said:

They hate being in second place, even when they're in the wrong, and life's are at risk!

Which also includes waiting their turn at the cashiers desk, at such places as 7/11. I think we've all experienced their impatient and very rude ways. Or when waiting to board buses etc.

Earlier this morning, I was almost killed, but narrowly missed, but another motorcyclist was hit and severely injured, because of two idiot pickup drivers battling for lead position on a normal two lane road.

Pathetic. Idiotic. Uncaring. Impatient. Immature mindsets.

Actually, Thai people, in comparison to most other Asian countries (except Japan of course) are, in general, quite polite and courteous when queuing. Sometimes you get the odd person coming straight in off the street and expecting to be served but if they are challenged they usually back down and apologise. Try queuing in China, mate. It's a nightmare compared to the polite Thai's...

Your post is full of contempt and frustration. Perhaps it's time to move to a country that fits your mindset more? 

I was once in a taxi when the driver did exactly the same as the one in the car here, because the other vehicle had dared to overtake him. They got involved in a race between them, overtaking and stopping. The driver refused to stop and let me out and he only stopped his childish tantrum when in desperation I slapped him around the head. When we arrived at our destination he told my wife he was an off-duty policeman and if he had his gun he would have shot me. It's like living in an insane asylum.

On 5/9/2017 at 1:59 PM, claffey said:

Actually, Thai people, in comparison to most other Asian countries (except Japan of course) are, in general, quite polite and courteous when queuing. Sometimes you get the odd person coming straight in off the street and expecting to be served but if they are challenged they usually back down and apologise. Try queuing in China, mate. It's a nightmare compared to the polite Thai's...

Your post is full of contempt and frustration. Perhaps it's time to move to a country that fits your mindset more? 

I guess the road fatality ranking is nothing more than a bar stool rumor.  ;-)

But yes, the Chinese and Vietnamese are the worst line jumpers in the world. I actually don't find the Thais to be bad line jumpers at all. They are hell on wheels, and generally immature, but overall not bad if you don't have to drive anywhere. Driving is the #1 thing I dislike about being here.