90 Day Report - Pattaya

I am sure this has been asked before, but a search returned so many threads that were not relevant I am asking it again - so thanks for your patience!

I do my 90 day report at Jomtien. My blue slip says I have to report this week as my 90 days are up. I left the country and returned on April 25th, so I do not need to go again now until just before July 25th. If I do wait until July will I have to prove my address again etc... ? If so is it easier/can I just report this week and use the current blue 90 day slip and keep the current 90 day cycle I currently have?

Thanks for you help.

Edited by dsfbrit

Your report  is due 90 days from the date you entered the country including that day in the count.

You should need to prove your address again to do the report.

I doubt they would do your report now since you have new entry and TM6 departure card.

Thanks UbonJoe for the quick reply. I did wonder if they would let me do the report that would in fact be 2 months early!!

This is the first time I have left Thailand for about 3 years, so was not sure.

That has saved me a trip this Friday in any case.

Once again, thanks for your help

53 minutes ago, dsfbrit said:

returned on April 25th, so I do not need to go again now until just before July 25th

You nominal due date is July 23, a Sunday.

First day to go in person is Wednesday, July 12 (10 and 11 are substitute holidays).

Last day to go in person is Thursday, July 27 (Friday 28 is a holiday).

So in the end: July 25 is a good choice :biggrin:

I have to do my 90 day report by 22 May so I went today to do it early but the IO was closed due to it being a Buddhist holy day. I am leaving town tomorrow early morning and wont be back till 23rd.  Would it be a problem if I do my 90 day report one day late.  Please advise Thanks

13 minutes ago, The manic said:

I have to do my 90 day report by 22 May so I went today to do it early but the IO was closed due to it being a Buddhist holy day. I am leaving town tomorrow early morning and wont be back till 23rd.  Would it be a problem if I do my 90 day report one day late.  Please advise Thanks

No. There is a 7 day grace period.

12 minutes ago, The manic said:

You can do your report up to 7 days after the report date including that day in the count. 

Just now, The manic said:

Thanks for the info. I there a similar grace period with 'retirement visa extension?

Only for 90 day reporting. If you go beyond the date your extension ends you are on a overstay and will be fined 500 baht a day.

I have one more question- I am leaving Thailand for three moths for summer in Europe.  When I get back to Thailand I am not returning to my current address. I will be staying in a hotel and looking for a new condo or house.  How and what do inform immigration on my return in September?

28 minutes ago, The manic said:

I have one more question- I am leaving Thailand for three moths for summer in Europe.  When I get back to Thailand I am not returning to my current address. I will be staying in a hotel and looking for a new condo or house.  How and what do inform immigration on my return in September?

If in a hotel, they should be doing it for you - because you are not the 'house-master'.  Keep your receipt for the hotel, just in case this comes up later.

But in general, the policy varies according to which immigration-office serves your area.  Their policy will determine what you must do when you move into the condo or house, at which point you will be "house-master."  If still in Pattaya, report as soon as you move into the condo/house.

Edited by JackThompson

1 hour ago, The manic said:

Thanks for the info. I there a similar grace period with 'retirement visa extension?

If you mean renewing an extension of stay based on retirement (not a visa), you can do it 30 to 45 days before your current extension expires. I also use Jomtien and have gone in 30 to 40 days early without a problem, but not sure if the 45 days is a certainty.  You don't lose any days by going in early. They add the new year on from the date your current extension expires regardless of when you go in to apply.

You have no extra time allowed to do the extension renewal after your current extension expires. You'd be on overstay and could be required to get a new visa at an embassy and then apply again for a new extension. If you're only a few days late they might allow you to apply for the new extension after paying the overstay fine, but there's no guarantee of that.

Edited by Suradit69

i am in the same situation.  I use Jomtien immigration as well

My blue slip says I have to report on the 9th of May, but I left the country and returned on 8th of May. 

So i think i will have to report in Agust, but what about the blue slip with the barcode?

i will be able to use it in Jomtien in agust or not?  

thanks

8 minutes ago, marino28 said:

So i think i will have to report in Agust, but what about the blue slip with the barcode?

i will be able to use it in Jomtien in agust or not?  

The report is due on the 5th Of August.

They can use the barcode to open your reporting records. The barcode only has your passport number on it not your report date. Without the slip they have enter your passport number by typing it in is the only difference.

6 hours ago, dsfbrit said:

Thanks UbonJoe for the quick reply. I did wonder if they would let me do the report that would in fact be 2 months early!!

This is the first time I have left Thailand for about 3 years, so was not sure.

That has saved me a trip this Friday in any case.

Once again, thanks for your help

It would have been a wasted trip anyway - they are closed Friday.

On 10/05/2017 at 5:08 AM, ubonjoe said:

Your is due 90 days from the date you entered the country including that day in the count.

Re-entry permit?  He did not say and nobody appears to have asked if he had or needed one. Surely that could put an entirely different slant on things. 

I made my 90Days report today in Jomtien: What a mess! :omfg:

Only ONE officer to manage 90Days report AND Overstay. Result: Nearly 30 persons in front of me when I got my number :sad:. Building full and not enough seating for all waiting people, a majority of then no more young... A serious problem of organisation.