Dash camera's

I am looking for some feed back on Dash camera's.   Wherever to buy to start.   Types of cams .  Ease of use.  Can read car plates.  

I got a free one with purchase of vehicle and it melted.  Piece of chit chinese.   Thanks

I have two if these

Vicovation MF2 GPS one front one rear on my pick up they are in my opinion exellent. I have never had to use them for an accident but have looked back on both sd cards to see the quality both day and night. Both day and night quality is very good on both i can read number plates. Coupled with vicovations software you can download on computer or mobile phone it can give you a detailed map refrence and show on map whatever piont you are intrested in on your trip which if you were involved in accident is invaluble evidance of you position your speed ect. Not the cheapest at 4900bht from Lazada but in my opinion well worth the outlay. Had this model for 6 months now (had the mk1 before no gps but still a good camera 4 years still going strong in Siservin laws car.) works great turns on on ignition key. There is a parking mode on them which i have never used. G shock again never tested. Front facing hides behind rear view mirror you forget its even there. Rear one is in view in rear view but does not block any vision i have the LCD display off. Both hard wired in to fuse box easy to do for a few hundred bht, kits also available on lazada. Records 1/3/5minute loop. Have 64gb evo sd cards in both. Im informed that would give me 16 0r so hours of recording before it starts over writing. (Im not a geek on sd cards and resolutions of dash cam so i could be wrong). But did a trip to Pattaya and back and the full outbound and inbound jurney was complete on checking on computer its apx 7.5 hrs each way.

There is already a lot of information regarding dash cams, but, I'll add a little. I have cams in both the truck and the car. The one in the truck is a high end expensive camera called Road Eyes Pro. The one in the car is a $25 camera called Toguard. The high end camera does everything, all sorts of analysis, even a GPS map. It uses a remote control and needs a special computer program to see everything. When I upgraded to Windows 10, all the All the bells and whistles quit working. Road Eyes told me that would be corrected but it never happened. Just today I downloaded the computer software again and it still doesn't work. I then tried the remote and the battery is dead. It does record pretty well but provides no extra information. I wouldn't recommend a Road Eyes camera. The $25 camera records as well or better than the expensive one. It is a simpler device and for what it does, it does very well. My very first camera was a cheap one from Lazada. It gave up and I bought the $25 camera from AliExpress. I wouldn't recommend a super cheap camera but I wouldn't recommend a really hi end expensive camera either.

Yes I did do the search, 655 pages of motor forum.   Dash camera search ,  car camera search.

It is almost June of 2017 and electronics change rapidly. Thank you to those who gave positive feed back . 

This web sight is full out out dated crap and instead thinning it out they waste time making it nothing but a pain in the ass to navigate.

8 minutes ago, ToddinChonburi said:

Yes I did do the search, 655 pages of motor forum.   Dash camera search ,  car camera search.

It is almost June of 2017 and electronics change rapidly. Thank you to those who gave positive feed back . 

This web sight is full out out dated crap and instead thinning it out they waste time making it nothing but a pain in the ass to navigate.

Agreed about the search and most things being out dated.

Archived