Android One Thai manufacturers

A TV member helpfully mentioned about Android One recently, although I don’t know if anyone else is selling any for the Thai market?

This is what the i-mobile webpage says today for IQ II, the Android One phone they are (were?) selling: “OS Platform : Android 5.1.1 (Lolipop)”

However, it’s not listed in the store section of the website, so maybe that's why the page hasn't been updated?

I thought I would stick with i-mobile, but it’s extremely difficult to get any information from them.

I emailed them on 2 May, A message confirmed they would respond within two working days.No reply at all.

Phoned the call centre yesterday. I was promised they would email me list of phones running Marshmallow, Nougat, or One. I’m not holding my breath though.

Ideally I’m looking for any manufacturer at the budget end of the Thai market selling One. For me, googling only shows up the IQ II. I don’t know if anyone can shed any light on this issue?

Thanks,

Manufacturers aren't really clamoring to sign up for Android One.  Seems it's a lot of work, with google dictating most of the specs, little marketing support, and not a lot of profit.

Wikipedia: Android One

lists the phones put out since the program started.

Google announces final Android, security update release time-line details for Pixel, Nexus, Android One, Play series

Hmmm.  While I expect support for their older phones to have an ending timeline, there was talk of new low-cost phones with Android One for the US. So this doesn't make sense, as the update support is supposed to last 18 month after new product launch.

A cheap Android One phone could come to the US this year

The only recent phone was release is by General Mobile

ANDROID ONE IS BACK WITH GENERAL MOBILE’S GM 6: OUR FIRST TAKE
Digital Trends  |  By Julian Chokkattu  |  February 28, 2017 4:56 pm

It looks like I've no chance of buying an Android One phone in Thailand now? I really would be apprehensive ordering from India, hoping it would be shipped to Thailand, plus any guarantee issues would be impossible I'd guess?

i-mobile still haven't come back with any email reply, after my two requests (by email and phone). They're obviously not interested in trying to sell me a phone, as they won't tell me which models have Marshmallow or Nougat.

Perhaps I need to look for a different manufacturer selling a cheaper Marshmallow or Nougat model here?

Archived