Cheapest 4G device in Thailand?

It's not just cheap phones that have problems. My Galaxy S5 that has spent more time in the shop than in use, wanted to update. I allowed it and now it has no 4G and the hot spot and  tethering has disappeared.

4 hours ago, Gary A said:

It's not just cheap phones that have problems. My Galaxy S5 that has spent more time in the shop than in use, wanted to update. I allowed it and now it has no 4G and the hot spot and  tethering has disappeared.

Probably flashed a version for the wrong baseband support.

15 hours ago, wump said:

Wow... sounds like an awesome deal. Will try to activate this today.

VAT being added sounds like a postpaid deal though? I hope not.

All prepaid packages are +VAT. It's also non recurring if I remember. correctly. So you need to remember to re-apply it, otherwise you could use up remaining credit on a per MB basis.

16 hours ago, Gary A said:

Amen.  My Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (B18,000) was a lemon from the start.  Died within 10 days of purchase and spent *months* at the Sony Service Center.  Then, about a year later, the battery expanded, warping the phone and forcing the back glass cover to come loose.  It required replacing all the internal parts, too.  Another couple months in the service center.  I wanted the small form factor with full features and until iPhone SE came out, there just wasn't anything I liked.  I bought an iPhone SE as soon as I could.

22 minutes ago, wump said:

Update: Package does not work. Asks for 650 Baht instead. Paid 89 Baht for one week at 512 kbps.... surprisingly fast. Can even do Youtube in 480p.

Which package, specifically, does not work??

12 minutes ago, wump said:

Not really bothered... even if I am lucky enough to find an English speaker, they probably stuff it up anyway or just lie to me.

It's good to get useful feedback here.  

When you call through to TRUE, I'm sure there is an option to select an English speaking operator.