Thai govt urgently find solutions for contract nurses

webfact

Govt urgently find solutions for contract nurses

BANGKOK, 15 May 2017 (NNT) - Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam will invite relevant units to find solutions to the problem of contract nurses who demand to be listed as civil servants. More than 10,000 vacancies under the Ministry of Public Health are expected to be allocated for them. 

The deputy PM expressed his confidence that the problem would be solved for the contract nurses who earlier threatened to resign en masse after the Cabinet did not approve the listing of new 10,992 permanently hired nurses under the Ministry of Public Health. 

The government units that will meet with the deputy premier include the Ministry of Public Health, the Office of the Civil Service Commission and the Office the Public Sector Department Commission. 

Mr. Wissanu said the Ministry of Public Health currently had 10,000 vacant positions for personnel in nursing and other medical fields. These vacant positions would be allocated for contract nurses more, said the deputy PM.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-05-15

You could  not make up things are stupid as this.

There are 10.000 vacancies, i hospitals, ok not all for nurses.

There are 10.000 nurses wanting contracts, and this crowd supposedly running the country are just playing stupid games.

My wife is a contract nurse and she loves her job

she gets paid

$26 per hour day shift

$32 Afternoon shift

$40 night shift

And $50 on public holidays

also her qualification is recognized in all developed countries( not in Thailand of course)

So knowing this, she is so happy that she not a Thai citizen anymore.

It was also recently mentioned that there was a chronic shortage of nurses. So it begs the question of why the contract ones can't be employed as a civil servant and why there are not more efforts to attract more nurses.

3 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

It was also recently mentioned that there was a chronic shortage of nurses. So it begs the question of why the contract ones can't be employed as a civil servant and why there are not more efforts to attract more nurses.

I think it was all about keeping the nurses of the government books as it would create a massive bill for the Gov IE All Civil Service employee entitlements (including family ) 

This is no different to the west were all their services are in private hands

Unless it is buying military hardware or curtailing freedom, this government holds on to the status quo with both hands.  Adding these nurses would probably cost more, but it is the right thing to do.  Thailand is lucky to have such wonderful nurses. 

One of the best stories was a pregnant nurse resuscitating a man who collapsed on the subway. 

Ok i am going to pretend i am the Health Minister to find Solution to problem 1/ Hire and pay nurses more 2/ Go see PM if i am brave enough and  not want to loose my job for speaking up on how to improve the nurses working conditions 3 Tell the Pm i need more money for Health in Thailand and drop the idea of wasting money buying out of date subs How do you think i would go? lol NO CHANCE is my way of thinking

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Wissanu said the Ministry of Public Health currently had 10,000 vacant positions for personnel in nursing and other medical fields. These vacant positions would be allocated for contract nurses more, said the deputy PM.

Amazing what a little publicity will get you especially from a government that does not like the negative type.

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Ok i am going to pretend i am the Health Minister to find Solution to problem 1/ Hire and pay nurses more 2/ Go see PM if i am brave enough and  not want to loose my job for speaking up on how to improve the nurses working conditions 3 Tell the Pm i need more money for Health in Thailand and drop the idea of wasting money buying out of date subs How do you think i would go? lol NO CHANCE is my way of thinking

Humanitarianism and militarism does not mix like oil and water. 

22 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

All ministers walk the line. Those who step out of the line had already been fired. Only farangs dream of a democratic government in Thailand, you can go on dreaming..........

A Mr Chuang Tze dreamed he was a butterfly, flying here and there, when he woke up he wondered if it was the butterfly that dreamed he was Mr Chuang Tze.