Sample rental agreement (condo)

Hello,

I have been living in a condo here in Bangkok for almost a year now but the rental agreement was based on a mutual agreement between my Thai landlady (living in Europe) and myself. I know her personally, so written arrangements were not really needed at the time. Since I will change my visa type soon, the 90 days reporting will be on my to do list in the not too distant future. I was told that a formal rental agreement would be beneficial or even needed when visiting Chaeng Wattana in connection with the 90 days report. Now, I want to make this as simple as possible for both the landlady and myself and wondered where I could find a simple 2 - x page contract that I could use and just update with my current address, the rent agreed etc. I´ve found a 14 page bi-lingial TH/UK  sample contract on the web and could use that one but 14 pages sounds a bit excessive and I´d prefer to maybe have a short 2 pager (if possible).

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

DUS

If you are going to do a contract you may as well do it properly even if it seems like overkill given your current cordial relations with the LL. Once you both sign the document it is legally binding and action can be taken if you are in breach of it.

If i was you (or your landlord) i would use this opportunity to draw up a fair and appropriate contract, detailing maintenance responsibilities, conditions on handover, conditions of deposit return/retention etc

Whilst you have good relations with your LL, you never know when this might change, although hopefully never, but if you are going to sign a legal document you may as well make it clear, detailed and correct to prevent any ambiguity later on. I believe this would be beneficial for you as the tenant and the landlord.