Number of lower-income people signing up for benefits tops 13.5m as registration period ends

snoop1130

Number of lower-income people signing up for benefits tops 13.5m as registration period ends

By The Nation

46b7a56f37792fbadd2b4245a2eb07e4-sld.jpeg

The number of lower-income people registering at three state-owned banks totalled 13,545,120 as of 3.30pm on Monday, the final day of registration for receiving state benefits.

Since the registration period began on April 3, the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives had witnessed 7,552,665 people signing up, while the Government Saving Bank had taken 3,582,461 registrations as of 3pm.

A further 2,318,949 lower-income people had registered to receive state benefits at Krung Thai Bank as of late afternoon on Monday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30315280

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-5-15

This is ridiculous. My wife, who stays at home looking after our daughter, is entitled to this despite my salary. Happy to take it though, they tax me, I pay well above you're average Joe, but I'm not entitled to hospital care, not entitled to local entry price to National Parks........ 3000B thank you very much!

13 hours ago, naboo said:

This is ridiculous. My wife, who stays at home looking after our daughter, is entitled to this despite my salary. Happy to take it though, they tax me, I pay well above you're average Joe, but I'm not entitled to hospital care, not entitled to local entry price to National Parks........ 3000B thank you very much!

Take it while the takin's good. I suppose if there are people that do not read or write they are unaware of this "benefit"?

57 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

well even if 20% of the population is on government handouts everything is ok because the official unemployment rate is only 1%. remember 1% of thailands population own over half of its wealth. the result is the bottom half of the population are very very poor.

Elementary my dear Watson

Well earned 3000 Baht.

Hour long waiting in tents built up outside the branches or sitting on the floor of the shopping centers.

BAAC and Krungthai affected worst here.

Heaven thanks that I don't have to do business with them.

No unemployment or less than 1%?!! I'm sure that was the recently reported figure?

So does that mean, most are working for either nothing or are not being paid the minimum wage limit?

I'm missing something here I'm sure?

13.5 million registered as basically being poor?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect