Police Check

senoremac

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

As long as you have a current IDP, a copy of your passport, and a copy of the bike's rental agreement, you will NOT have a problem. Despite rumors to the contrary, if you obey the law, you don't run into problems.

7 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

You forgot:

Wear a helmet !!!

I did. Thanks for reminding us. A helmet is required if you want to slide past the police roadblocks.

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

I did. Thanks for reminding us. A helmet is required if you want to slide past the police roadblocks.

59 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Sorry I guess I didn't see it..... and I still don't...

"I did" means that 'I did forget' to mention it. It was in response to your post that said that I forgot, which is why I included your post in my reply.  That's why I thanked you for reminding us.

On 8/7/2017 at 8:15 PM, FolkGuitar said:

Despite rumors to the contrary, if you obey the law, you don't run into problems.

Sorry, just because you never had an issue doesn't mean it dont happen. You say rumor, but I speak from personal experience. It has only happened a few times in the last 20+ years that I was completely legal and the police made something up, but it did happen! 

On 8/8/2017 at 7:15 AM, FolkGuitar said:

As long as you have a current IDP, a copy of your passport, and a copy of the bike's rental agreement, you will NOT have a problem. Despite rumors to the contrary, if you obey the law, you don't run into problems.

Your comment about, obey the law you dont run into problems, is ridiculous.

You must be living in a dream world if you believe that.

Yes, it's certainly possible to run into problems no matter what you do.

And some people are simply Sh!t Magnets. They seem to have problems all the time no matter what they do. We all know people like that... and we usually understand why it happens, too.

But obey the laws and the chances of it happening to you are reduced to 'almost' zero. Please note the word 'almost.'

Edited by FolkGuitar

Police have to take you to the station for a urine check. I would also be making noises about having two samples taken, one for a private lab analysis  as you are afraid  of false results. Do not say anything else or give any details about the tylenol you took earlier 

I cannot imagine it is legal to check tattoos  either.   

My experience with authorities  is to simply refuse, nicely. Make them realize I know my rights, and they back down. 

Edited by PhuketSarah

At least when these arse..holes pull me over when I am riding my motorbike I have all the necessary docs. but I bloody well take my time showing them. Drives them crazy as I pretend to fumble around looking for stuff, their <deleted> n eyes light up as they add up how much they will shake me down for. But alas boys after five or so minutes I produce the docs. and wave bye bye as these clowns can only look on.

2 hours ago, idman said:

At least when these arse..holes pull me over when I am riding my motorbike I have all the necessary docs. but I bloody well take my time showing them. Drives them crazy as I pretend to fumble around looking for stuff, their <deleted> n eyes light up as they add up how much they will shake me down for. But alas boys after five or so minutes I produce the docs. and wave bye bye as these clowns can only look on.

Why the antagonism ?They are usually polite ,and if you have all documents there is no problem .Thats not to say i like being stopped though .