Wall Street School Of English

fanciman

After visiting one of their branches with a thai that was interested in learning English, and after a brief tour of the facilities, there was a meeting with the salesperson.

After trying hard to figure out the all important thing: max number of students in a class, cost/hour of a lesson, nobody was any wiser!

You know how direct and simple westerners can be? (IT is great, isn't it?! :o Even after trying the direct tactic, nothing was forthcoming.

Has anybody ever worked out how much it costs per hour there? They were trying to baffle with their "online extra class" stuff...

Thank you!

And i guess now would be a good time to ask about better rates elsewhere :D

Thank you people!

Add to your criteria. information about their follow-up of graduates (jobs gotten? advanced education attempted? etc.)

Any language school worth their salt will be up front and forthcoming with information for your very reasonable questions, plus the student follow-up issues. If they don't, look elsewhere.

My two cents.

TT

Edited by toptuan

No more replies?

I am intrigued now: how the **** do they ever get anybody to sign up, if the potential customers never know the deal they are getting?

Or maybe that is the secret,literally!

Come on, somebody must know :o My curiosity is on fire!

I can see they have a hi-so image, they look top-of-the-line, with their glass walled classrooms and that sort of stuff and all the hi-tech equipment. They could bill themselves highly, and people would think they are getting the best. (afaiu, their pay in thailand is competitive). I think what must happen is that people see the glorious ads, facilities and so on, and they are so rich they don't really care how much it costs.

Edited by fanciman

I had a good friend who went there for about a year but have no idea how much he paid. Seemed more like a social club to me; he got a lot of middle-to-hi-so friends out of the deal. His English was already pretty good but I have to say it did improve a bit while he was there.

I've heard it's associated with either Halliburton or the Carlysle group, so it's not exactly the kind of investment I would want to make on anyone's behalf.

"S"