Mitsubishi Triton Plus door window

Hi, six-year-old Triton's door window needs fixing.  I'm going to take it to the dealership tomorrow but in the meantime thought I'd pop by and see if it's a big deal or not.  I was closing the window and when it was almost closed (fortunately, because it's raining) I heard a loud sound and something falling inside the door and now the window won't move and it is slightly open.  Any ideas?  

If no one answers before tomorrow I'll let you know what they say.  

Take it to a Mitsu dealership. I had a couple of window motors replaced in my old Isuzu, not expensive, maybe 1000-1500 baht (each) tops.

Edited by giddyup

Hey, thanks everyone.  I got busy today and couldn't go to Mitsu today, but it's not raining here in Chiang Mai so I' good.  Transam, I'm not going to try to fix it myself because I would no doubt make it worse somehow.  I'm that way.  It had been making a noise at one point along the path from down to up and vice versa but I neglected to have it checked.  

stubuzz: it's electric, of course  lol  

On 5/18/2017 at 7:57 AM, transam said:

Sounds like something has come unbolted or perhaps the arm roller has popped out of it's runner...A case of taking the door panel of and having a look...

Yup, the actuator aint actuatin' no mo'.

20 hours ago, Somnambulist said:

Transam, I'm not going to try to fix it myself because I would no doubt make it worse somehow.  I'm that way.  

Good call, especially after admitting that you are "that way" inclined. Some of these door liners have 'quick release' clips that don't and most have what looks like a disposable clear plastic water barrier that isn't.

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Don't see any Tritons listed, and the article was 2010, 7 years ago.

You are correct. There are no Tritons listed, but I though everybody might like to see what still has manual windows.

Edited by stubuzz

On 5/19/2017 at 5:39 PM, giddyup said:

Don't see any Tritons listed, and the article was 2010, 7 years ago.

The OP's car is 6 years old, so a 7 year old article is quite relevant.

FWIW, when I bought my truck in 2011, the standard models of most had manual windows.

2 hours ago, naboo said:

The OP's car is 6 years old, so a 7 year old article is quite relevant.

FWIW, when I bought my truck in 2011, the standard models of most had manual windows.

Relevant how? None of the cars listed is a Triton.

Edited by giddyup

12 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Yes, I know admitting you are wrong is hard to do, far easier to just call someone a troll, right?

Edited by giddyup

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again, I finally went to Mitsu today and got my window fixed.  In and out in half an hour and only 268 baht!  What a deal.  

Stubuzz - I owe you an apology for mocking your question; you taught me that some vehicles still have windup windows --  would'a thunk it.  

Exwife rant - She is a sweetheart and we are still friendly, but when I told her about the window problem she said don't go to Mitsu; they don't fix that sort of thing.  You have to go to such and such a place, I'll look it up for you, and it'll cost about 3,000 baht.  

Oh boy, bless her soul, she means well, but she has a tendency to just make stuff up and spout it with the utmost conviction.  

7 minutes ago, Somnambulist said:

Hello again, I finally went to Mitsu today and got my window fixed.  In and out in half an hour and only 268 baht!  What a deal.  

Stubuzz - I owe you an apology for mocking your question; you taught me that some vehicles still have windup windows --  would'a thunk it.  

Exwife rant - She is a sweetheart and we are still friendly, but when I told her about the window problem she said don't go to Mitsu; they don't fix that sort of thing.  You have to go to such and such a place, I'll look it up for you, and it'll cost about 3,000 baht.  

Oh boy, bless her soul, she means well, but she has a tendency to just make stuff up and spout it with the utmost conviction.  

And perhaps earn a few quid........:laugh:

27 minutes ago, transam said:

And perhaps earn a few quid........:laugh:

hehe, I know it looks that way, but not this one.  I mean, she let me keep all the money when we sold the house!  She did ask for a car soon after that but I still came out way better than most.  Maybe it's a perverse desire to see me waste my own money?  I don't know and never will...  But hey, it's a lot more fun to bitch and argue about ex-wives than windows, no?