What would you do to improve Thailand?

SiamBeast

-Make Chang beer 6.4% alcohol again, sustained by law. An elephant is much stronger than a tiger.

-All prices should be marked. Including on freelancers shirts.

-Ladyboys should be labelled.

-Moo should be beef, not pork, in line with their language.

-More (some) public toilets with instructions in Indian language.

-Install moving walkways on Pattaya beach road and walking street.

-Make it law to not discriminate people from other cultures.

-Remove the Dutch.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

That's precisely the mindset that I'd try to eliminate, by shaming and putting a lot of legal restrictions in the way of "alternative" lifestyles, and promote the "nuclear family" as the sole and only acceptable form of cohabitation.

Luckily i will never have to live nor would i ever want to live in a closed dictatorship society.i note you do not refutr your racism.

Just now, Bikeman93 said:

-Make Chang beer 6.4% alcohol again, sustained by law. An elephant is much stronger than a tiger.

-All prices should be marked. Including on freelancers shirts.

-Ladyboys should be labelled.

-Moo should be beef, not pork, in line with their language.

-More (some) public toilets with instructions in Indian language.

-Install moving walkways on Pattaya beach road and walking street.

-Make it law to not discriminate people from other cultures.

-Remove the Dutch.

Sorry if my joke sounded racist, not my intention. Just the word "Dutch" lends itself to humour being short and good for timing.

13 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Luckily i will never have to live nor would i ever want to live in a closed dictatorship society.i note you do not refutr your racism.

Of course the self-righteous doesn't.  There is only one "right way" and it's their way.  No niqibs, hijabs or burkas, but if you're an Catholic nun, orthodox Jew or even an orthodox Christian nun, head coverings are ok.  We even accept KKK regalia with their hoods.  In fact we like to see it on those extra special nights of Baptist church burnings and lynchings.

Next, arm bands and crematoriums.

Edited by EvenSteven

On 5/20/2017 at 5:33 AM, kannot said:

replace  religion  with  common sense and evidence  based answers..............they might value their lives more then than thinking theyll be  reborn

It's interesting to me how much unemployment would be created if temples were not being built in Thailand, and monks could no longer be monks.

Get rid of the  Aliens ,  Los  , not  need and,  not want foreigners, we have out lived our purpose .

LIve the dream , because  that is what  life in LOS is . We could be ousted  any time .

Plan B , go home , where ?? .

Edited by elliss

I would like to see something done about the sanitation issues in Isaan, I'm talking about garbage disposal (or lack thereof) and garbage being burnt on the side of the road. Everyone loves fluorescent light tubes in Thailand which contain mercury and there doesn't seem to be any way for these to be recycled in most of the country... I'm sure there are these tubes, and energy saving bulbs going on the side of the road where they will leech mercury into the environment.

Maybe garbage collection in Isaan will never happen, there must be some kind of solution like public incinerators or something. I find it depressing that all my used razor blades are going to end up on the side of the road for years.

Also I'd get rid of that dumbass on television every Friday and put an democratic government in place.

On 18 May 2017 at 10:50 AM, LannaGuy said:

not the 'with children' bit some can't have kids and it's discriminatory and be careful of the 'regardless of income' as down-and-outs could easily come here with no income and support, get married and hang around contributing nought but nuisance value

but with your general point I agree 

A down and out wouldn't afford the plane ride or the the dowry plus the constant shopping of the Thai wife and sponging relatives who appear out of nowhere when ever there's food about

On 5/21/2017 at 8:07 AM, Bikeman93 said:

Sorry if my joke sounded racist, not my intention. Just the word "Dutch" lends itself to humour being short and good for timing.

Don't say sorry for a joke, there is too much of this hypocritical PC reverence, look how skin deep it is, get the wrong sort of president, get a lot of refugees, have a bomb go off and the PC peels away. Say what you want and let the snow flakes melt with the wrath of the just.

On 5/21/2017 at 3:33 AM, SiamBeast said:

That's precisely the mindset that I'd try to eliminate, by shaming and putting a lot of legal restrictions in the way of "alternative" lifestyles, and promote the "nuclear family" as the sole and only acceptable form of cohabitation.

Why should everybody have to live the way you want them to ?  I admit to a certain amount of disgust at the way some of society conduct themselves but it's their life,up to them, I just don't want it shoved in my face when i read the news, the trials and tribulations of the gays and transgender leave me cold, the drag acts of the likes of Catalyn Jenner and its ilk could take place in a private sphere of the like minded but no, they have to tweet about it for all and sundry to throw up over breakfast. As one American politician aptly put it, if a man walks into a bar wearing a tutu he is asking for trouble.

Most definately any tourist farangs who get involved in drunken street fights/illicit activities - should be arrested and deported within 48 hours.

A Thai  national cheating/asking for a bribe should be immediately arrested (there would be no more taxis/officials at the counters in certain administrative departments within a day,  if this was enforced).

Police law must be abolished mainly during road accidents where actually the farang is systematically the culprit (obviously some would come up with the opposite, but often this is how things tend to happen unfortunately). Policing exists to enforce the law and not to make new laws. 

Farangs should be allowed to purchase their land if it's for 1 house for personnal use. The leasehold shit needs to be more fair to farangs.

Dual pricing made illegal.

Stop the 60-90 day reporting harassment - either you give a full stay multiple entry visa, retirement or whatsoever or not...but this order to report makes the whole thing annoying and shows a certain despicable attitude of thai society towards foreigners, whose money is nevertheless fully accepted. 

Make a more severe physical selection of hookers in clubs (just kidding!)

Stop the obligation to always carry your passport.

Make a proper ID card for farangs living in Thailand with long stay visas and make it a smooth process to obtain, with no tea money to be distributed.

And many more that come to mind that often make a farang feel that he is just tolerated in Thai society with absolutely no rights apart from the right to leave all his money in Thailand.

All this pushes you just to rent and never to purchase property in Thailand as one day you will just get fed up and leave if attitudes do not change. Pity, because Thailand is an amazing country with amazing and great people in wrong places!

On 5/18/2017 at 8:15 AM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Tax penalty for people without children?

I have never seen anything more idiotic.

Besides being totally discriminatory in every possible way, how can you tax 5% on nothing :laugh:

I think I disagree with every single one of his marriage category points. They need to reduce number of children per mother- they aren't breeding animals. 2 is enough. Plenty of people want to live in Thailand if population needs increasing, though I disagree with the "growth is good" theory.

I also scorn his 60,000 a month. It's easy to live on 15,000 unless one wants to live like a westerner.

By all means have a bond of say 500,000 for permanent residence, but allow 1 yearly extensions for any that want it on that sum without all the BS that they are inventing at present. Just non O and the money in the bank permanently to cover medical or legal and a flight out.

My solution to make LOS better. I don't think we should tell the Thais how to live their life, so Pattaya from Naklua to the end of Jomptien and bounded by Sukhumvit would be a seperate zone, to be run by farangs for farangs. Elections to be voted in by any expat with a non O.

Thai law only to apply if a Thai is affected. Within  that zone, 100% ownership of buildings/  businesses and can work without a B visa/ work permit. All taxes to be used by the administration for the benefit of the special zone.

3 hours ago, Editorial said:

Most definately any tourist farangs who get involved in drunken street fights/illicit activities - should be arrested and deported within 48 hours.

A Thai  national cheating/asking for a bribe should be immediately arrested (there would be no more taxis/officials at the counters in certain administrative departments within a day,  if this was enforced).

Police law must be abolished mainly during road accidents where actually the farang is systematically the culprit (obviously some would come up with the opposite, but often this is how things tend to happen unfortunately). Policing exists to enforce the law and not to make new laws. 

Farangs should be allowed to purchase their land if it's for 1 house for personnal use. The leasehold shit needs to be more fair to farangs.

Dual pricing made illegal.

Stop the 60-90 day reporting harassment - either you give a full stay multiple entry visa, retirement or whatsoever or not...but this order to report makes the whole thing annoying and shows a certain despicable attitude of thai society towards foreigners, whose money is nevertheless fully accepted. 

Make a more severe physical selection of hookers in clubs (just kidding!)

Make a proper ID card for farangs living in Thailand with long stay visas and make it a smooth process to obtain, with no tea money to be distributed.

And many more that come to mind that often make a farang feel that he is just tolerated in Thai society with absolutely no rights apart from the right to leave all his money in Thailand.

All this pushes you just to rent and never to purchase property in Thailand as one day you will just get fed up and leave if attitudes do not change. Pity, because Thailand is an amazing country with amazing and great people in wrong places!

Thais have to always have their ID card so don't agree with that. However, a temporary ID card for any tourist that wants one at a reasonable cost, and a proper one with a long stay visa.

On 5/18/2017 at 1:48 PM, bazza73 said:

My preferred option would be to have a nationwide register of falangs over the age of fifty to teach Thais how to drive. After observing a Thai driving instructor when my Thai GF went for her car licence, I've concluded the root cause of poor Thai driving skills is the teachers.

Yeah, since I had a current US car and motorcycle license when I went to get my Thai license all I had to do was pass a reaction and eyesight test, but my wife had to do it all because her US license had expired. So I sat watching the Thais taking the actual driving tests. I found their actions  on the test course quite representative of Thai driving. The first obstacles for the line of prospective drivers in their cars was to merge into one lane, then approach  with a stop sign and left turn. They tried to push their way in front of each other rather than take turns to enter the one lane, almost no one stopped at the stop sign, and even fewer used their turn signals; yet it appeared they all passed.

On 5/25/2017 at 3:00 PM, madmin said:

A down and out wouldn't afford the plane ride or the the dowry plus the constant shopping of the Thai wife and sponging relatives who appear out of nowhere when ever there's food about

Oh please, there are plenty of down and outs here now; how did they get here? If you are shopping for your wife in bars; you would be an idiot to pay sin sot. And, there would be few relatives sponging on a down and out farang. Methinks you need to rethink your position. 

On 5/29/2017 at 3:27 PM, moose7117 said:

make all tefl teachers either go home or stop complaining about Thailand.

Not  ,  good idea,  kap .

They would just  add to the list of Benny  scroungers No  quality qualifications  or skills .

Once  known as  Great Britain ,,   those were the  days , my friend .  

Edited by elliss