Bipolar Russian rampages through Phuket Spa

webfact

Bipolar Russian rampages through Phuket Spa

Eakkapop Thongtub

1495078753_1-org.jpg

A Tourist Police officer attends the scene of the incident. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A Russian man who tourist police were told by the man’s neighbour is bipolar was hospitalised as a precaution by tourist police yesterday after smashing up a room at a spa in Wichit.

Wichit Police were notified yesterday afternoon (May 17) that a foreign man was destroying property inside a room at the Nature Spa in Wichit.

Tourist Police and Kusoldharm rescue workers arrived at the scene to find a Russian man, name and age unknown, still destroying property in the spa.

Due to the man’s size and how he was acting it took officers and rescue workers some time to calm and stop the man. Once they had managed to do so it was decided to restrain him with chains, he was then placed in an ambulance and taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/bipolar-russian-rampages-through-phuket-spa-62196.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-05-18

Bipolar or not, it would be interesting to see data of people needing a holiday and then go through the roof.

And the majority don't have pre exciting conditions  hence  it could be any one.

Sad situation which needs a blood test in this case

57 minutes ago, hgma said:

Bipolar or not, it would be interesting to see data of people needing a holiday and then go through the roof.

And the majority don't have pre exciting conditions  hence  it could be any one.

I'm sure many of us have pre-exciting conditions and just hope something exciting will happen!    :smile:

Durned spell-checkers!!

Another example of why Westerners are held in contempt in Thailand.  Keep it up and eventually thai officialdom will react.  Day after day- people acting  out-  Is massive tourism really worth  this aggravation??

3 hours ago, hgma said:

Yes very exciting

It appears the  bipolar disorder is becoming a worldwide epidemic.

Several years ago my best friend suddenly became bipolar, lost his job, he lost his family,  suffered from depression and anger issues.

His anger was explosive.  I believed the cause of the anger was from fear.

For many years he was at the top of his game; was president of his father's Corporation, had two children and a wonderful wife and it seem like within a month he lost everything. 

He sought out the best medical treatment available and nothing worked.

He told me he wouldn't make it another year and eventually committed suicide.

The last few years I've met many people that admitted to being bipolar. 

For 40 years I never heard the word bipolar mentioned. 

Another tourist having a bad day, but this time it is another Russian giant.

Good thing the police found some chains. Guess they will find out what this guy

really flipped out about.  Calling it bipolar may be a bit soon. Could be he got drunk and

then became disorderly.

Geezer

9 hours ago, Kabula said:

Several years ago my best friend suddenly became bipolar, lost his job, he lost his family,  suffered from depression and anger issues.

For many years he was at the top of his game; was president of his father's Corporation, had two children and a wonderful wife and it seem like within a month he lost everything. 

They used to call it manic depressive. 

10 hours ago, Kabula said:

My brothers daughter,always a fun, bubbly sort of girl, got married had two children,beautiful house,good marriage, no financial worries suddenly out of the blue became depressed and was diagnosed as bipolar, we were all devastated, why ?????

29 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

My brothers daughter,always a fun, bubbly sort of girl, got married had two children,beautiful house,good marriage, no financial worries suddenly out of the blue became depressed and was diagnosed as bipolar, we were all devastated, why ?????

Good question...Could be a number of things;  heavy metal in vaccines, pesticides, GMO,  pollution, industrial toxins in ground water, just to name a few.

Very sad story.  Thank you for sharing.

Slightly off-topic, (but worth a laugh and some background into bipolar disorder):

Years ago when I worked in north Phuket as a police volunteer, I got a call from the local police that there was a naked female foreign tourist running up and down Nai Thon beach, completely mad and scaring everyone.  Could I come and help to 'catch her'?  (Her husband told the police that she was bipolar).

They called me because my wife (now ex-wife) was very bipolar, and I had first hand experience of dealing with her mania when she didn't take her medication. For some who suffer from bipolar illness, if they didn't take their meds, they would have a 'completely mad' episode, (in medical terms ==> completely 'bonkers').

Heartened by the thought of catching a naked woman, I hot-footed to Nai Thon beach, where I discovered that the naked foreigner was maybe about 65 years old, and was being kept at bay by a local Thai lady with a fishing rod!

I chatted to the foreign lady, but she was off her head and wouldn't calm down.  So a team of male nurses arrived from Phuket Siriroj Hospital and literally jumped on her, gently strapping her down to a stretcher.

The next day, the lady had returned to the beach with her husband.  She was completely rational and apologetic, having taken her medication again.

Bipolar illness can be a terrible curse.  It not only destroyed my marriage, but destroyed my first hotel business in Phuket (Phuket Airport Hotel), and destroyed my family - my young son had to be removed to the care of relatives because his mother was too unstable to care for him.

Being Russian, male and maybe drinking alcohol probably doesn't help either......

Edited by simon43

4 hours ago, Goldbear said:

They used to call it manic depressive. 

I recall that, but I believe bipolar is more  severe as I never heard of anyone committing suicide being a manic-depressive. Perhaps it's the new prescription  antidepressant drugs that is causing suicides when a patient suddenly stops medicating. As I recall there is a warning  insert in those drugs warning against suicide. 

I recall that, but I believe bipolar is more  severe as I never heard of anyone committing suicide being a manic-depressive

Manic-depressive is a good definition of bipolar. It's basically an illness where the body's instinct to limit depression or mania is uncontrolled.

Some suffer from depression (which can be alleviated by drugs). Sadly, without medical intervention, some get so depressed that they do commit suicide - the body doesn't have the instinct to snap out of the depression or have rational thought.

Others suffer from mania, where there is no instinct to control how 'crazy' one goes.  Uncontrolled, the sufferer can go 'as high as a kite and higher', enjoying the thrill and excitement of their mania, without being aware of the chaos that they are causing to their family and friends.  They certainly do not want to 'come down' from their high through the use of drugs.

My ex-wife suffered (still suffers to a lesser degree now) from that type of mania ==> totally on another planet and having a great time whilst I and her family were running around trying to limit the damage (including financial damage, physical damage etc).

No fun for us at all....

PS - I'm not a medical guy, so I've written my description of bipolar illness in layman's terms.

16 minutes ago, Kabula said:

I recall that, but I believe bipolar is more  severe as I never heard of anyone committing suicide being a manic-depressive. Perhaps it's the new prescription  antidepressant drugs that is causing suicides when a patient suddenly stops medicating. As I recall there is a warning  insert in those drugs warning against suicide. 

Yes, there is a note added to the side effects sheet, inside the pill box,  It states please see your Doctor before ceasing your medication, as suicide can be dangerous to your health'

Nothing bi-polar here. Won't hear this bi-polar nonsense in Ethiopia or Guatemala or Cambodia. They call it laziness in those parts and they put folks to work. Eight hours in a rice field or some corn field leaves very little time to play bi- polar games. 

I am in Nha Trang Vietnam at the moment, lots of Russians here - was in a Brew Bar last night, four guys had two bottles of Vodka on the table, by the time they finished them, two of the guys were throwing punches with each other, when half hour before they were best of friends, I'll leave it alone.:post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by TunnelRat69