Issan Festivals

jasperblubber2005

:o

looking for some help in finding a festival in lower issan ( the closer to bangkok the better) in the month of jan. or feb., am interested in finding some of the dancing that is done in issan, want to video tape if possible, will be in issan for three days, any help would be appreciated

jasper

THere is a really Fantastic Culture show through the ages also look at this link

http://www.thailandvoyage.com/tourinformat...rose_garden.htm

http://www.bangkoktourist.com/places_thail...ural_center.php

i've been to a festival in chaiyaphum in january. it is to celebrate the founder of the city. don't remember too much dancing, but im sure it's part of it. they have elephant parades, food booths, general merchanise, and the ubiquitous LOUD and ANNOYING hawkers.

as a cautionary note, there are a few osama bin laden sympathizers, merchants selling tshirts with his picture on it (and not with a bullseye superimposed on his face, like the kind you see in bkk). i was taken aback. :o

i've been to a festival in chaiyaphum in january. it is to celebrate the founder of the city. don't remember too much dancing, but im sure it's part of it. they have elephant parades, food booths, general merchanise, and the ubiquitous LOUD and ANNOYING hawkers.

as a cautionary note, there are a few osama bin laden sympathizers, merchants selling tshirts with his picture on it (and not with a bullseye superimposed on his face, like the kind you see in bkk). i was taken aback. :D

...same guys who are selling the Che Guevara shirts? :o

as a cautionary note, there are a few osama bin laden sympathizers, merchants selling tshirts with his picture on it (and not with a bullseye superimposed on his face, like the kind you see in bkk). i was taken aback. :D

...same guys who are selling the Che Guevara shirts? :o

The majoraty of the people selling these t-shirts do not even know what the printing on it means or who the person on it is.It is just a way to make a meager living.

OBL t-shirts, huh? What's wrong with that? You can get OBL masks on Halloween too, but they weren't half as scary as the Bush ones. Then there was the really offensive Blair mask, with a brown nose, I once saw.......... I almost complained to the vendor at the sight of it. :o

as a cautionary note, there are a few osama bin laden sympathizers, merchants selling tshirts with his picture on it (and not with a bullseye superimposed on his face, like the kind you see in bkk). i was taken aback. :bah:

OBL t-shirts, huh? What's wrong with that? You can get OBL masks on Halloween too, but they weren't half as scary as the Bush ones. Then there was the really offensive Blair mask, with a brown nose, I once saw.......... I almost complained to the vendor at the sight of it. :o

Hi All

Maybe the T-shirts are bought by people with a sense of humour. They might even be on holiday ! :D:D:D:D

Edited by Dave the Dude