Nonthaburi official arrested for alleged sex with minor

webfact

Just now, rkidlad said:

Just give me a yes or no answer, then. I don't want an indirect answer. 

"Yes, I'd be worried"

"No, I wouldn't be worried"

Very very simple. I just need one answer, that's all.

take a hike.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, rkidlad said:

And there you go. You won't answer. It's really not a hard question. Even for an articulate English speaker like yourself. 

Some questions don't have yes or no answers. Have you stopped beating your wife? Are you still masturbating over little girls?

Just now, halloween said:

Some questions don't have yes or no answers. Have you stopped beating your wife? Are you still masturbating over little girls?

Very good, but I won't sink to the level of name calling. 

I'm simply asking a question. I'll give you a third option then;

"Yes, I'd be worried"

"No, I wouldn't be worried"

"Maybe I'd be worried"

@rkidlad <deleted> are you going on about?  This is a thread about the Nonthaburi official, not a heated debate about whether one would be concerned for one's daughters in a hyperthetical scenario.

Take your off-topic, pedantic arguments off to your own thread and stop destroying this one.

Jeez.........

17 hours ago, simon43 said:

@rkidlad <deleted> are you going on about?  This is a thread about the Nonthaburi official, not a heated debate about whether one would be concerned for one's daughters in a hyperthetical scenario.

Take your off-topic, pedantic arguments off to your own thread and stop destroying this one.

Jeez.........

Okay, let me make this simple for you and everyone else who don't read the posts. I made a post about how this is a "paedophile ring' and some members said that it's not. I gave my opinions why I thought it was, and other members gave their opinion why they thought it wasn't. This is all perfectly fair, pertinent and related to the thread. Now, some members were just arguing for the hell of it and didn't actually understand my point. I tried to get my point across and people started to misrepresent my ideas. 

I gave the analogy as an example of why I believe this to be a paedophile ring and how worrying it was that some members would argue that it wasn't. If you read my all my posts and analogy then you might understand why.

Okay, let me make this simple for you and everyone else who don't read the posts. I made a post about how this is a "paedophile ring' and some members said that it's not. I gave my opinions why I thought it was, and other members gave their opinion why they thought it wasn't. This is all perfectly fair, pertinent and related to the thread. Now, some members were just arguing for the hell of it and didn't actually understand my point. I tried to get my point across and people started to misrepresent my ideas. 

I gave the analogy as an example of why I believe this to be a paedophile ring and how worrying it was that some members would argue that it wasn't. If you read my all my posts and analogy then you might understand why.

The point you don't get is is that your OPINION about a word doesn't change its ACTUAL meaning. You can tell me my table is a chair (because you feel it should be called a chair), but it won't change the fact that my table is, in fact, a table ;)

3 minutes ago, SABloke said:

The point you don't get is is that your OPINION about a word doesn't change its ACTUAL meaning. You can tell me my table is a chair (because you feel it should be called a chair), but it won't change the fact that my table is, in fact, a table ;)

The definition of paedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to children. So in this case, it's not about what constitutes being a paedophile, it's what people constitute is being a child. I STILL think a 15-year-old is a child. Call me crazy. 

Edited by rkidlad

The definition of paodophile is someone who is sexually attracted to children. 

Incorrect

"Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children."

It's important to distinguish, because "child" carries no direct relation to age. Hence legal definitions etc. According to your broad definition I could claim that my wife, brother in law and sister in law are paedophiles because they are attracted to children. (We're still my parents' children ;) )

The definition of paedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to children. So in this case, it's not about what constitutes being a paedophile, it's what people constitute is being a child. I STILL think a 15-year-old is a child. Call me crazy. 

And what is YOUR definition of children then? Is it based on age of consent which in some countries is as low as 14. Or do you think people stop being children at 18? Why 18? I'm truly interested in what age you consider someone not to be a child anymore and then I'll ask what drew you to that conclusion?

9 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Incorrect

"Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children."

It's important to distinguish, because "child" carries no direct relation to age. Hence legal definitions etc. According to your broad definition I could claim that my wife, brother in law and sister in law are paedophiles because they are attracted to children. (We're still my parents' children ;) )

Again, the Oxford dictionary's definition is a child without a given age. What is a child? For me, and this is my opinion, a 15 year old is a child. Whether she looks older or younger, on her period, etc, is not the point. She's a child and has the mind of a child. Some girls develop early but that doesn't mean they become legal. There's a reason why we have laws and different countries have different interpretations. Again, 'I' think a 15 year old girl is a child regardless of whether she looks 12 or 18. 

Edited by rkidlad

Again, the oxford dictionary's definition is a child without a given age. What is a child? For me, and this is my opinion, a 15 year old is a child. Whether she looks older or younger, on her period, etc, is not the point. She's a child and has the mind of a child. Some girls develop early but that doesn't mean they become legal. There's a reason why we have laws and different countries have different interpretations. Again, i think a 15 year old girl is a child regardless of whether she looks 12 or 18. 

Well, I think a 19 year old is still a child and so if you've had sex with a 19 year old I'll label you a paedophile.

5 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Well, I think a 19 year old is still a child and so if you've had sex with a 19 year old I'll label you a paedophile.

Okay, do that if that makes you feel better about me labelling these officials paedophiles. This specific case is about men who deliberately bought sex with girls who they knew were underage. 

I don't get to decide what age a child becomes an adult. I do get to have an opinion that I think a 15-year-old is still a child. If I knew about an adult who had sex with a 15-year-old girl, I wouldn't want them around any kids. I don't see why my opinion offends so many - thus was the reason I gave my analogy. To put things into perspective. 

Edited by rkidlad

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I think the best analogy here to help you understand would be;

You live with your recently turned 10 year-old daughter. She's a normal happy and healthy girl who's receiving a great upbringing. But....you have a new neighbour who'll only be living next door to you for one year and then he's gone. A single man in his late 20s who's just been released from prison for having sex with a minor. The minor was 15. Now, you despise the actions of your new neighbour, but of course you are not worried about his conduct towards your 10 year old daughter because 'clearly' this man isn't a paedophile. Just a perv who will be gone by the time your daughter's 11. 

You can tell your wife "Don't worry, dear. As dispicable as this man is, he's no threat to our daughter. He's not a peaodopile, he's a ephebophile. Wikipedia said so"

You'd be cool with this, right? 

I see you have turned your explanations, surreptitiously to another audience. when are you going to get the facts between pedophiles and under age sex monger's.

I cannot argue with someone who is so blind and deaf, that they cannot differentiate between wine and  whisky. But you think that wiki is wrong. Ok.  I thought i would let you know that the next meeting of the salvation army is at the William Boothe hotel i, Soi six. tambourines and soap boxes optional. Oh! and the dry cleaners called, and said your uniform would be ready on Friday.

21 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

You were never my audience, Dave.

You were about the 4th person who got all excited when they googled the word 'paedophile' and thought they were the 1st to state its definition. You didn't read any of the previous posts and thought you were being smart. Other posters had said the exact same thing as you. 

As as soon as you start saying stuff like "you've met your match with me" and giving advice on how to argue, I had no interest in having a p***** contest. I have a point I'm trying to get across. An opinion. My point has a purpose that isnt about winning an argument.

The simplest way to get rid of you was to feed your ego and say "well done, clever clogs" And voila, you're gone. 

Edited by rkidlad

6 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

You were never my audience, Dave.

You were about the 4th person who got all excited when they googled the word 'paedophile' and thought they were the 1st to state its definition. You didn't read any of the previous posts and thought you were being smart. Other posters had said the exact same thing as you. 

As as soon as you start saying stuff like "you've met your match with me" and giving advice on how to argue, I had no interest in having a p***** contest. I have a point I'm trying to get across. An opinion. My point has a purpose that isnt about winning an argument.

The simplest way to get rid of you was to feed your ego and say "well done, clever clogs" And voila, you're gone. 

Alas, poor Yorrick, you still refuse to accept that sexual activity with an underage girl is not pedophilia.You can say what you want, insult me all you like, but you are wrong, wrong, wrong.I can understand that you dont like to be wrong, no opinionated, person with lack of knowledge of a subject does.However there are many posters who have said the same as me. And one guy gave a complete list of all the subjects ending in phile. I dont have to feed my ego, on a subject in which i am right, You need to repair to a safe place and lick your wounds. I will converse with you no more, as i have some paint to watch drying.

But i still wish you a pleasant week end.

Now exit to a place of some distance and irritate some other poverty stricken person of questionable parentage. I'm sure you know what i mean.

2 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Alas, poor Yorrick, you still refuse to accept that sexual activity with an underage girl is not pedophilia.You can say what you want, insult me all you like, but you are wrong, wrong, wrong.I can understand that you dont like to be wrong, no opinionated, person with lack of knowledge of a subject does.However there are many posters who have said the same as me. And one guy gave a complete list of all the subjects ending in phile. I dont have to feed my ego, on a subject in which i am right, You need to repair to a safe place and lick your wounds. I will converse with you no more, as i have some paint to watch drying.

But i still wish you a pleasant week end.

Now exit to a place of some distance and irritate some other poverty stricken person of questionable parentage. I'm sure you know what i mean.

I didn't insult you. I merely said that you joined in the argument disingenuously. You weren't trying to add anything other than trying to look clever with your ability to use Google. I also know how to use Google.

I abolutely stand by my statement that these officials are paodophiles. A paodophile is someone who is sexually attracted to children. I define a 15 year-old as a child. 

Please look back at my analogy and answer the question put forward. There are 3 options. 'Yes, no or maybe'.

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I didn't insult you. I merely said that you joined in the argument disingenuously. You weren't trying to add anything other than trying to look clever with your ability to use Google. I also know how to use Google.

I abolutely stand by my statement that these officials are paodophiles. A paodophile is someone who is sexually attracted to children. I define a 15 year-old as a child. 

Please look back at my analogy and answer the question put forward. There are 3 options. 'Yes, no or maybe'.

I have already told you:coffee1: now, look, read,  and inwardly digest.

However, as a side, i am willing to tell you how the 'parting shot' comment came about, if you are interested. Cant get enough education you know.

8 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Oh, and one more thing, a girl of 15, in the eyes of the law, is a minor, not a child. See... peddophilia @ wiki.

3 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I have already told you:coffee1: now, look, read,  and inwardly digest.

However, as a side, i am willing to tell you how the 'parting shot' comment came about, if you are interested. Cant get enough education you know.

I'm dumb. Can you just state for the record; 

Yes

No

Maybe

?

1 minute ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Oh, and one more thing, a girl of 15, in the eyes of the law, is a minor, not a child. See... peddophilia @ wiki.

No, it's not. Wiki is information that can be added to by anyone. Different countries have different laws on what constitutes a child. In the UK for example; a 15 year old is a child and not an 'adult'

That's all moot anyway as my opinion is that a 15 year old is still a child. You are of course well within your rights to state now that you think someone who is 15 is an adult. Would you like to state that? 

You just wont give in will you? you have been told by posters other than me, that you are seriously mistaken. You need to understand that you were wrong in your title of accusation. Your idea's of what is what, could lead you into difficulties. Give it a rest mate. Its becoming boring now.

1 minute ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

You just wont give in will you? you have been told by posters other than me, that you are seriously mistaken. You need to understand that you were wrong in your title of accusation. Your idea's of what is what, could lead you into difficulties. Give it a rest mate. Its becoming boring now.

I accused these officials of being pardophiles for a very simple and valid reason; these girls they paid to have sex with are 'children' They knew this. 

People got caught up on semantics of the definitions of that word 'pedo'. There are more accurate words to describe people like this. I stated they're paedopholes to give a very clear and unambiguous message - these are vulgar men who I have very little reason to believe wouldn't stoop any lower. People simply googled definitions to look smart without looking at the bigger picture. Some people argued out of pure narcissism, and some people argued because their moral compass is way off. 

You came to me, Dave. My points are from a sincere place to address a disgusting practice that isn't condemned strongly enough. My point was always to condemn and not to get caught up in a d*** measuring contest. 

10 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I accused these officials of being pardophiles for a very simple and valid reason; these girls they paid to have sex with are 'children' They knew this. 

People got caught up on semantics of the definitions of that word 'pedo'. There are more accurate words to describe people like this. I stated they're paedopholes to give a very clear and unambiguous message - these are vulgar men who I have very little reason to believe wouldn't stoop any lower. People simply googled definitions to look smart without looking at the bigger picture. Some people argued out of pure narcissism, and some people argued because their moral compass is way off. 

You came to me, Dave. My points are from a sincere place to address a disgusting practice that isn't condemned strongly enough. My point was always to condemn and not to get caught up in a d*** measuring contest. 

For gods sake, 15 year olds are not children in the eyes of the law, they are minors, get it into your head. There is a great difference between having sex with a minor and having sex with a child. You only see 15 year old's as children in your own view. This is Thailand, and its different here.For the love of what ever god you prey to, understand, and give it a rest.

Will no,one rid me of this turbulent priest? Henry the second, scene 4 act 2, i think.

Just now, Khon Kaen Dave said:

For gods sake, 15 year olds are not children in the eyes of the law, they are minors, get it into your head. There is a great difference between having sex with a minor and having sex with a child. You only see 15 year old's as children in your own view. This is Thailand, and its different here.For the love of what ever god you prey to, understand, and give it a rest.

Will no,one rid me of this turbulent priest? Henry the second, scene 4 act 2, i think.

Okay, Dave. You wanted semantics, so I'll give it to you. This isn't 'Wiki' (and Wiki isn't Thai) it's the Oxford dictionary. Please read and learn;

Child - a young human who is not yet an adult.

Minor -  a person who is under the age at which you legally become an adult and are responsible for your actions.

Do you really wanna keep pulling at this thread? 

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Okay, Dave. You wanted semantics, so I'll give it to you. This isn't 'Wiki' (and Wiki isn't Thai) it's the Oxford dictionary. Please read and learn;

Child - a young human who is not yet an adult.

Minor -  a person who is under the age at which you legally become an adult and are responsible for your actions.

Do you really wanna keep pulling at this thread? 

My information still relates, as a person who has sexual activity with a prepubescent  child s a pedophile. A person who has sex with a minor is a sex predator. look, i am going to say no more on this subject, because i think you have severe problems in understanding the difference.You are what my grandad would have called ' a shmenderick'

16 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

My information still relates, as a person who has sexual activity with a prepubescent  child s a pedophile. A person who has sex with a minor is a sex predator. look, i am going to say no more on this subject, because i think you have severe problems in understanding the difference.You are what my grandad would have called ' a shmenderick'

Please, David, say no more. 

Keep quoting the nuances of being a paedophole and at the time saying "this is Thailand"

Oxford dictionary of paedophile: a person who is sexually attracted to children.

I mean isn't this what it's all about?Quoting websites in order of to appear correct? Mine is an opinion which I hope many fellow members share. 

You could be completely honest and just say you think there's nothing wrong with having sex with 15 year olds. At least then we could open a dialogue. 

Edited by rkidlad