Police set up barriers at Ratchaprasong on 7th anniversary of crackdown

webfact

Police set up barriers at Ratchaprasong on 7th anniversary of crackdown

By Khaosod English

may19.01-696x465.jpg  

Public areas are cordoned off around Ratchaprasong Intersection on Friday afternoon.

BANGKOK — Police cordoned off public spaces at Ratchaprasong Intersection on Friday, the seventh anniversary of a crackdown which ended two months of street unrest that left nearly 100 head, mostly civilians.

No public observance was planned for Friday, and the barriers seemed erected to prevent any public memorial or protest at the site, which served as the rallying point for protests organized by the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship, a Redshirt umbrella organization also known as the UDD, against appointed Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva’s government.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/05/19/police-set-barriers-ratchaprasong-7th-anniversary-crackdown/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-05-19

18 minutes ago, Sunderland said:

Karma will one day serve justice to those whom deserve it.

Sadly Karma is overrated. In many cases justice is perverted because karma not always works in favour of the victim but often in favour of the wrongdoer. That is my cynical opinion.

16 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Sadly Karma is overrated. In many cases justice is perverted because karma not always works in favour of the victim but often in favour of the wrongdoer. That is my cynical opinion.

Ah the difference between homosapiens. You say cynical I say unvarnished truth.