Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As far as I'm concerned, they should have started the impeachment process years before he was elected, just based on his leadership of the racist birther movement. He's a disgusting human being. 

It's like we found the very worse sleazeball con man in the entire nation and made him president. Madness!

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, mesquite said:

So you agree they started the impeachment process as mentioned in the WIkipedia article, BEFORE Trump was even president?  Who mentioned Hillary?  I was referring to the election of Donald Trump which was of course the moment Hillary conceded the election.  Trump won and she lost, nothing more, nothing less.

The impeachment process is laid out in the Constitution. What those Senators did is not the impeachment process.

25 minutes ago, mesquite said:

From wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efforts_to_impeach_Donald_Trump#Initial_impeachment_efforts

"In December 2016, Senators Elizabeth Warren, Dick Durbin, Chris Coons, Ben Cardin, and Jeff Merkley introduced a bill that would require the President of the United States to divest any assets that could raise a conflict of interest, including a statement that the failure to divest such assets would constitute high crimes and misdemeanors "under the impeachment clause of the U.S. Constitution".[5] Vanity Fair characterized this as a preemptive effort to lay the groundwork for a future impeachment argument.[5]"

So if they introduced the bill in December, when did they start it?  Duh, right after he won the election.

It's time for you Trump haters to get real and admit you're just angry your candidate lost.  You hate Trump for whatever reason and just can't deal with it.  It's called being a sore loser.  Most of us learn how to lose when we are children.  How do we learn?  By losing!  It's called getting over it and moving on.

Time for you Trump haters to do just that:  Get over it and move on.   Cosigning each other's BS serves no useful purpose. 

Well Trump really showed them, right?

He duly divested from  "any assets that could raise a conflict of interest" didn't he? Just like every other modern president before him. No one can now accuse him of having any conflicts of interest, can they?

And he's been a stellar president, using his majorities in Congress to pass laws to help all Americans, promote equality in all government institutions, improve America's image in the world, lead the world in fighting climate change, setting an example of having a good, organized work ethic, giving raising, inspiring speeches to inspire all Americans to unite in solving the common problems of the world, etc.

Great guy.

T

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

As far as I'm concerned, they should have started the impeachment process years before he was elected, just based on his leadership of the racist birther movement. He's a disgusting human being. 

It's like we found the very worse sleazeball con man in the entire nation and made him president. Madness!

Well, at least you're being honest about your feelings on the subject.

4 minutes ago, mesquite said:

Well, at least you're being honest about your feelings on the subject.

Yes, and to add, I can't relate to any American that supports him. I consider him as much of a threat (or more so) to everything decent about the USA than any hostile foreign power. I see no redeeming qualities in that horror show of a man whatsoever. 

Edited by Jingthing

55 minutes ago, mesquite said:

"In December 2016, Senators Elizabeth Warren, Dick Durbin, Chris Coons, Ben Cardin, and Jeff Merkley introduced a bill that would require the President of the United States to divest any assets that could raise a conflict of interest, including a statement that the failure to divest such assets would constitute high crimes and misdemeanors "under the impeachment clause of the U.S. Constitution". 

Vanity Fair characterized this as a preemptive effort to lay the groundwork for a future impeachment argument.[5]"

So if they introduced the bill in December, when did they start it?  Duh, right after he won the election.

It's time for you Trump haters to get real and admit you're just angry your candidate lost.  You hate Trump for whatever reason and just can't deal with it.

It's called being a sore loser.  Most of us learn how to lose when we are children.  How do we learn?  By losing!  It's called getting over it and moving on.

Time for you Trump haters to do just that:  Get over it and move on.   Cosigning each other's BS serves no useful purpose. 

Youse guys are like shooting fish in a barrel.

Of course, you didn't post the most important quote:

'Concerns had previously been expressed that Trump's extensive business and real estate dealings, especially with respect to government agencies in other countries, may violate the Foreign Emoluments Clause of the United States Constitution, sparking debate as to whether that is the case."

"Vanity Fair characterized this as a preemptive effort to lay the groundwork for a future impeachment argument."

Something tells me you have never read Vanity Fair in your life.

Yet now, it is your go to for verity?

James Woods will be heartbroken...

>>>"may violate the Foreign Emoluments Clause of the United States Constitution" <<<

Regarding your omission:

"The language of the Emoluments Clause is both sweeping and unqualified.

(the “drafters [of the Clause] intended the prohibition to have the broadest possible scope and applicability”)."

"It prohibits those holding offices of profit or trust under the United States from accepting “any present, Emolument,

Office, or Title, of any kind whatever” from “any . . . foreign State” unless Congress consents. U.S. Const, art. I, § 9, cl. 8"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_of_Nobility_Clause#Foreign_emoluments

Given the fact that the inept one has repeatedly violated the Foreign Emoluments Clause ,

therefore, ignoring the  United States Constitution ,

I applaud the efforts and foresight of the drafters of the aformentioned bill.

Violating the  United States Constitution.

Something that your dear leader has repeatedly attempted to do with his legislation.

And your tired, hackneyed platitudes; "your candidate", "get over it" are getting as old as the hills.

Ya got nothin', but a very liberal use of the word HATE.

And you appear very comfortable using it.

P.S. Meanwhile, the wheels of justice are turning.

Get used to it.

Edited by iReason

2 hours ago, iReason said:

:blink:Who told you that?

James Woods? :laugh: 

1 hour ago, iReason said:

Something tells me you have never read Vanity Fair in your life.

Yet now, it is your go to for verity?

Actually, he just posted the Wiki page: Efforts to impeach Donald Trump, which starts: Initial impeachment efforts: In December 2016.....................

Cue some weak deflection and a dismissal of Wiki, as it proves you wrong.

Edited by PattayaJames

7 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

Actually, he just posted the Wiki page: Efforts to impeach Donald Trump, which starts: Initial impeachment efforts: In December 2016.....................

Cue some weak deflection and a dismissal of Wiki, as it proves you wrong. LOL

Your whole post would be a weak deflection. (If you were up to speed. :laugh:)

Please do try to keep up.

And read my post after it.

(Where I dismantled his premise. From Wiki. From his link.)

Jumping into a thread willy nilly and impulsively posting without a clue as to what's been said doesn't surprise me.

:coffee1:

Yawn.

5 minutes ago, iReason said:

Your whole post would be a weak deflection. (If you were up to speed. :laugh:)

Please do try to keep up.

And read my post after it.

(Where I dismantled his premise. From Wiki. From his link.)

Jumping into a thread willy nilly and impulsively posting without a clue as to what's been said doesn't surprise me.

:coffee1:

Yawn.

"As for whether the case could affect Trump’s presidency, University of Utah Law Professor Christopher Lewis Peterson wrote an article arguing that there is already enough evidence in the fraud case for Congress to impeach Trump."

Edited by PattayaJames

2 hours ago, mesquite said:

So you agree they started the impeachment process as mentioned in the WIkipedia article, BEFORE Trump was even president?  Who mentioned Hillary?  I was referring to the election of Donald Trump which was of course the moment Hillary conceded the election.  Trump won and she lost, nothing more, nothing less.

They didn't formally start impeachment proceedings.  In fact, no-one has, at this time.  What those congresspeople did in December, was fire a shot across the bow of Trump's ship - saying, in effect, 'if you break the law, there are going to be impeachment proceedings.'   Trump, as is his nature, gave a figurative middle finger to anybody who doesn't praise him, and is gleefully breaking all sorts of rules that the prez is supposed to adhere to.  Not least: the precepts that an elected lawmaker should not use his office to blatantly enrich himself.  Emoluments clause.  There are lawsuits grinding away at that issue, as we speak.    Trump is getting attacked from many directions, and he deserves all the push-back he gets, and more.   

I'm sure Mueller's team is digging up Trump's (and the Kushner's) connections to Russian mafia.   I hope they're not shy about bringing that to the fore - when they publish their findings.   Law-breaking is law-breaking.  Unlike Thailand, the US upholds a basic tenet:  NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW.   

Trump could be out of office within a year – but the USA’s problems would be just beginning

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/07/trump-out-in-year-usa-problems-just-beginning-paul-mason?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

"Before Christmas, it is likely the US ultra-right elite will be faced with a choice: stick with Trump, corralled behind a wall of former generals and hamstrung by a potential impeachment. Or switch to the plan as it was in early 2016 – a socially conservative, libertarian presidency headed by Pence."

48 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

"As for whether the case could affect Trump’s presidency, University of Utah Law Professor Christopher Lewis Peterson wrote an article arguing that there is already enough evidence in the fraud case for Congress to impeach Trump."

:thumbsup:

Another one, a Law Professor as well, who saw the huckster for what he is.

But you were remiss in adding the crucial text of the post :

"He wrote, “A federal judge appointed under Article III of the U.S. Constitution has already determined that Trump’s alleged actions,

if true, constitute fraud and racketeering …

Congress would be well within its legal rights under the Constitution to insist upon a President who is not a fraudster or a racketeer

as defined in its own law.”

http://people.com/politics/donald-trump-legal-battles-stop-president/

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2841306

Thanks for that.

I've been wanting to go back and review that thread.

The  United States Constitution

Gotta love it.

What else ya got?

Edited by iReason

The heat is on! 

:hit-the-fan:

As Mueller closes in, Trump prepares his base for the worst

It bears repeating that Mueller’s investigation is looking at how a hostile foreign power may have sabotaged our democracy, and at whether the Trump campaign colluded with it, and at conduct by Trump himself that came after the election: Whether the firing of former FBI Director James B. Comey after a demand for his loyalty was part of a pattern of obstruction of justice. The first of these has been attested to by our intelligence services, and evidence of the second (at least in the form of a willingness to collude) and the third of these has been unearthed by dogged scrutiny by news outlets.

5 hours ago, thehelmsman said:

Not sure what your point is. I'm talking violence and you're posting memes. Did you happen to click on my attachment a few posts back.

No, you only want to post absurd memes.

Personally I would not define  racist messaging as "absurd memes', rather a call to violence. 

I read your link which indicated most of the limited number using violence were anarchists, the anti Trump people were calling for peaceful protests. One could define Trump's primary ideologue, Bannon, as an anarchist who promotes memes such as anti globalism, violence (war) and so on...

Approval polling this low increases the chances of impeachment / resignation. 

Less of a cost for republicans to support it, if/when the time comes.

Trump approval rating hits new low in Quinnipiac poll

President Donald Trump’s approval rating hit another low in Quinnipiac University’s poll, which found this week that 34 percent of voters approve of his job performance and 57 percent disapprove.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/07/trump-approval-rating-quinnipiac-poll-239250

Edited by Jingthing

Trump on holiday again.  For 17 days.  Another campaign promise broken.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/04/politics/donald-trump-vacation-obama/index.html

Trump's vacation, as The Washington Post's Philip Bump notes, is twice as long as the vacation President Barack Obama took to Martha's Vineyard in his first year in office -- and will mean Trump has spent 53 "leisure" days through August 2017 as compared to 15 for Obama through August 2009.

"I'm going to be working for you," Trump said in August 2016. "I'm not going to have time to go play golf."

Yet his supporters ignore lies like this.

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Personally I would not define  racist messaging as "absurd memes', rather a call to violence. 

I read your link which indicated most of the limited number using violence were anarchists, the anti Trump people were calling for peaceful protests. One could define Trump's primary ideologue, Bannon, as an anarchist who promotes memes such as anti globalism, violence (war) and so on...

And, not once did we hear Obama asking for the violence to stop. It was not a limited number of incidents. It went on for several days throughout the country.

6 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

Stock Market closed with a small gain across the board today. Mazda and Toyota joining forces to build new plant in the USA creating 4000 new jobs.

Continue beating the drums.

The US dollar is down some 7% since Trump took office. 

https://qz.com/1032062/the-us-dollar-sinks-to-its-weakest-level-in-10-months-as-the-trump-administration-hits-into-new-lows/

The US dollar is following the Trump administration down into new lows

And those 4000 new jobs might help offset these that are now lost due to his BS comments and policies:

http://time.com/money/4687114/trump-slump-foreign-tourism-us-immigration-travel/

'Trump Slump' Could Mean Well Over $10 Billion Per Year in Lost Tourism Revenues

That equates to well over 4000 jobs.  But hey!  MAGA!!!!

The drums continue to beat.

8 hours ago, thehelmsman said:

Not sure what your point is. I'm talking violence and you're posting memes. Did you happen to click on my attachment a few posts back.

No, you only want to post absurd memes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buPkSMMemP8

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/16/politics/lindsey-graham-obama-unhealthy/index.html

8 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

Listening to Keith O. makes me queasy. And, you guys make fun of Fox yet you think this Bozo is believable.:hit-the-fan:

The same things you think he is saying against Trump that are making you queasy would give you a delightful orgasm if they were about Hillary or Obama. The point of the video is to prove that double standard.

2 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

The same things you think he is saying against Trump that are making you queasy would give you a delightful orgasm if they were about Hillary or Obama. The point of the video is to prove that double standard.

I got the point, thank you Dexter. But, Keith O is such an ass####

There are all sorts of media personalities who are against Trump.   It runs the whole gamut from serious to crazed.  Keith Olbermann is closer to the serious end of the spectrum.   If he was a carpenter, he would hammer in 20 d. nails with one slam of his 28 ounce titanium hammer.   I'm 100% behind Olbermann.  Trump needs all the resistance that results from / pushes back upon his dangerous antics.   

Each day, my abhorance of Trump is further supported by those, like Keith, who speak truth, loud and clear.   

Trump is more dangerous for America than all diseases put together.