Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The clown potus being elected revealing the UGLY side of America ... to Americans. For those that didn't already know. An interesting perspective from an EXPAT.

Again, thank goodness (or God if you're into that kind of thing) for the Washington Post, the New York Times, CNN, MSNBC, etc. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/trump-is-making-americans-see-the-us-the-way-the-rest-of-the-world-already-did/2017/09/08/50f7c5ac-8ce8-11e7-84c0-02cc069f2c37_story.html

I imagine Europeans, when they watched "To Sir With Love" in the 1960s, were quite bewildered as to what passed for "shocking" in America.

Edited by Thakkar

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever Trump is going to get out of the office, there is a much brighter future ahead. 

Former Mexican president Vicente Fox announced his candidacy as US next president. Watch the video, it's hilarious.

3 minutes ago, EvenSteven said:

where are those tax returns?

Hint:

The IRS' Criminal Investigations unit is joining Mueller as the Russia probe focuses more closely on potential financial crimes possibly involving people within the Trump campaign.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-irs-russia-investigation-2017-8

CI has online access to all personal and company federal tax returns.

Interesting that the question states "special prosecutor" rather than the actual term, "special counsel". No big deal, just one of those "hmmmmm" observations that when in context of what is and isn't considered "world news", leads one to draw certain conclusions.

Even Van Jones, notorious lefty, says the Russia thing is a big nothing burger. The director of the FBI has recently stated there is "no whiff of interference" with regards to the Russia witch hunt, er, investigation.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/07/trump-russia-investigation-christopher-wray-no-interference-242448

In the end, the Russia non-story is simply a symptom of leftists still being shell-shocked at Hillary's stunning loss to Trump. Pinning hopes on this investigation and the constant stream of fake stories are just evidence that some people just can't understand that "elections have consequences".

1 hour ago, EvenSteven said:

... obstructing justice.

Btw, where are those tax returns?

Make the Trump crime syndicate great again.

Trump is under no obligation to release any tax returns. And what obstruction of justice are you talking about?

5 hours ago, Srikcir said:

The town’s 2014 estimate was that the property was worth at least $14.3 million. Trump’s attorneys then revised their estimate to $9 million. The issue hasn't been settled but seems Trump made a substantial "understatement" of value.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-team-revises-golf-amid-tax-controversy/story?id=39155939

Just a note about the $50 million investment. If it was 100% borrowed, only paid principle adds to value of the property by the cost method.

This is hilarious. I am a real estate investor and landlord of multiple properties, though certainly not on the scale that Trump is. There is no scandal here. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. As an owner, I do everything I can to decrease the assessed value of my properties in order to pay less property taxes. Once a property is purchased and renters in place, I typically speculate on an actual market value. With rentals and commercial real estate, more often than not, actual market values are higher than tax entity-assessed values. When it comes time to sell, I do everything I can to make my real market value price as high as possible. This is what ALL real estate investors do. The tax assessed value and actual market value are more often than not two different things.

Oh and just a note about financing investment properties. 100% financing is virtually impossible to acquire. Almost always, banks require 20-25% down on commercial and investment properties. The only way to get 100% financing is if you purchase a property that needs a lot of repairs, can repair the property to a pre-estimated after repair value (ARV) and can do so with the end result being the property is mortgaged to an 75-80% loan-to-value (LTV). If you go this route, you are going to pay a significantly higher interest rate and fees.

So sorry, but your scandal is a big nothing burger.

Just now, mogandave said:

Yes, but he said he would and he hasn't, that makes him a liar.

Impeach 45!!!!

Yes, I believe Trump lied and never intended to release his returns. But let's take your logic and apply it elsewhere. Tell me which past president wouldn't have been impeached for lying on the campaign trail?

Yes, I believe Trump lied and never intended to release his returns. But let's take your logic and apply it elsewhere. Tell me which past president wouldn't have been impeached for lying on the campaign trail?

Nice try at deflecting, but this thread is about Trump, not past Presidents.

Nice try at deflecting, but this thread is about Trump, not past Presidents.

Great! So let's talk about Trump! Specifically, what law facilitates impeaching an elected official because of lying via campaign promises.

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

Again with the deflection. I never said he should be impeached for lying on the campaign trail.

OK, you're boring me now. You cried about Trump lying and followed up your complaint with "Impeach 45". As I did, any logical person would clearly make an association between your two statements.

Feel free to have the last word. And have a nice day.

OK, you're boring me now. You cried about Trump lying and followed up your complaint with "Impeach 45". As I did, any logical person would clearly make an association between your two statements.

Feel free to have the last word. And have a nice day.

I've been saying impeach 45 every day here for six months. I know he is a liar and I believe he is a criminal.

He should be impeached for his crimes, not his lies.

I wouldn't be here if I wasn't board.

It's too late to have a nice day, but thanks for the thought, and for the last word!

21 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

Great! So let's talk about Trump! Specifically, what law facilitates impeaching an elected official because of lying via campaign promises.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Edited by Opl

7 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I've been saying impeach 45 every day here for six months. I know he is a liar and I believe he is a criminal.

He should be impeached for his crimes, not his lies.

I wouldn't be here if I wasn't board.

It's too late to have a nice day, but thanks for the thought, and for the last word!

You've been saying "impeach 45" here every day for six months. Thanks, that tells me all I need to know about you. LOL

3 minutes ago, Opl said:

Interesting. Why does commie Robert Reich only want Trump's lies reported as lies?  Personally, I'd like to see all lies reported as lies- not just the lies of political adversaries. What a shame Mr. Reich's standard only applies to Trump.

You've been saying "impeach 45" here every day for six months. Thanks, that tells me all I need to know about you. LOL

So much for the having the last word....l guess that's why Trump's lies don't bother you...birds of a feather and whatnot.

Carry on

So much for the having the last word....l guess that's why Trump's lies don't bother you...birds of a feather and whatnot.

Carry on

So you are saying I lied when I said you could have the last word? I am not allowed to change my mind? Wow.

Should I now accuse you of lying because you said you come here when you are "board". After all, you're not a board, are you? Then using your standard, you lied, correct?

6 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

Interesting. Why does commie Robert Reich only want Trump's lies reported as lies?  Personally, I'd like to see all lies reported as lies- not just the lies of political adversaries. What a shame Mr. Reich's standard only applies to Trump.

nearly 60% of Americans believe the president is dishonest

what significance may well have reality and facts. Isn't'it important for Trump supporters to pledge allegiance to Trump, then to repeat as a mantra the 100% of the idiocy of their idol?

Edited by Opl

So you are saying I lied when I said you could have the last word? I am not allowed to change my mind? Wow.

Should I now accuse you of lying because you said you come here when you are "board". After all, you're not a board, are you? Then using your standard, you lied, correct?

I had a woody when I wrote it...

Just now, Opl said:

nearly 60% of Americans believe the president is dishonest

what significance may well have reality and facts. Is' nt' it important to pledge allegiance to Trump, then to repeat as a mantra the 100% of the idiocy of his idol?

Indeed, I find it fascinating that a man so disliked was able to beat Hillary Clinton. Thanks for bringing that up.

I have no idea what you are complaining about with the latter part of your post. I have allegiance to the facts and the truth, certainly no politician. I have several complaints with Trump, including saber-rattling with North Korea, folding on DACA, not prosecuting Hillary Clinton and others. I guess you'll have to find some other person to try to pin your rant on.

My guess is you are one of the people who still do not understand why people supported Trump- especially over Hillary. Here's a hint: it was as much about Hillary, perhaps even more, than it was about Trump. I will leave you to your own devices to figure the rest out.

Best of luck to you.

28 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

Interesting that the question states "special prosecutor" rather than the actual term, "special counsel". No big deal, just one of those "hmmmmm" observations that when in context of what is and isn't considered "world news", leads one to draw certain conclusions.

Even Van Jones, notorious lefty, says the Russia thing is a big nothing burger. The director of the FBI has recently stated there is "no whiff of interference" with regards to the Russia witch hunt, er, investigation.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/07/trump-russia-investigation-christopher-wray-no-interference-242448

In the end, the Russia non-story is simply a symptom of leftists still being shell-shocked at Hillary's stunning loss to Trump. Pinning hopes on this investigation and the constant stream of fake stories are just evidence that some people just can't understand that "elections have consequences".

You express a lot of opinions here.  Surely you recognise the right of others to hold contrary opinions? 

The question of the poll is actually  "Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?" and mentions neither the word "prosecutor" nor the word "counsel".  The conclusions you draw appear to be erroneous.

I think the ex-director of the FBI had a different viewpoint from the new, and his fate should raise questions in itself.  The present director's comments in the link you provide say nothing whatsoever to support that the investigation is a 'witch hunt' as you categorise it.

Trump and his cohorts alleged collusion, treason, and law breaking will be proven or not in the long run.  Your opinion of 'leftists', 'shell shock', and 'fake news' matters not one jot.  It is yet to be seen whether it is a 'nothing burger' as you Trumpies like to term it, or a big juicy traitor burger with a side order of treason.

If Trump did half of what he is accused, I hope he sees serious jail time, if not then as unpalatable as he may be to decent thinking people, he will doubtless see out his term (as damaging as that may be to the U.S. and the majority of her people.)

Elections do indeed have consequences, not least in this instance, as can be seen by the way that fascism and white supremacy are once again rearing their ugly heads on Mr Trump's watch, and with his overt and public support no less.

55 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

the only way to get 100% financing is if

.... you have Russian mafia who need to launder money.

Otherwise 100% financing might be obtained through a nonrecourse loan wherein the property itself becomes the loan collateral. Nonrecourse debt is typically used to finance commercial real estate.

2 minutes ago, Slip said:

You express a lot of opinions here.  Surely you recognise the right of others to hold contrary opinions? 

The question of the poll is actually  "Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?" and mentions neither the word "prosecutor" nor the word "counsel".  The conclusions you draw appear to be erroneous.

I think the ex-director of the FBI had a different viewpoint from the new, and his fate should raise questions in itself.  The present director's comments in the link you provide say nothing whatsoever to support that the investigation is a 'witch hunt' as you categorise it.

Trump and his cohorts alleged collusion, treason, and law breaking will be proven or not in the long run.  Your opinion of 'leftists', 'shell shock', and 'fake news' matters not one jot.  It is yet to be seen whether it is a 'nothing burger' as you Trumpies like to term it, or a big juicy traitor burger with a side order of treason.

If Trump did half of what he is accused, I hope he sees serious jail time, if not then as unpalatable as he may be to decent thinking people, he will doubtless see out his term (as damaging as that may be to the U.S. and the majority of her people.)

Elections do indeed have consequences, not least in this instance, as can be seen by the way that fascism and white supremacy are once again rearing their ugly heads on Mr Trump's watch, and with his overt and public support no less.

1) Yes of course everyone has a right to their opinion. Specifically, what gave you the impression that I don't hold that belief?

2) Yes, I read the poll. And unlike you, I also read the moderator's post that accompanied the poll. Go back, find your error and you'll be up to speed.

3) I never said the current FBI director said the current investigation is a witch hunt. Those were my words and my opinion. You are simply dodging from the main point, which is that the current FBI head says he has seen no "whiff of interference".

4) With regards to Comey, the president can fire the FBI director (and many others who work for him) any time he wants. You lose.

5) If Trump did half of what he is accused of, the legal system shall run its course and he will be given the proper punishment. However, given the plethora of complete nonsense and non-stories, most of the "half" you dream of aren't even criminal offenses- merely leftist b*tt hurt from a stunning election defeat.

6) Yes, Trump's election has brought the fascists out of the closet. I'm glad we can agree that Antifa and Black Lives Matter need to be dealt with sooner rather than later. If you'd like to compare the one event in Charlottesville with the plethora of violence and murder we've seen from terrorist organizations like Antifa and Black Lives Matter, I'll be happy to accommodate you. Let's start with that Black Lives Matter chant: "What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Now!"

7) As far as public support for white supremacists, the KKK, etc., that is flat out FALSE. But feel free to show me where Trump has supported these groups. I will happily debunk your efforts.

10 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

.... you have Russian mafia who need to launder money.

Otherwise 100% financing might be obtained through a nonrecourse loan wherein the property itself becomes the loan collateral. Nonrecourse debt is typically used to finance commercial real estate.

Yes of course non-recourse is used for commercial real estate. Anyone who understands how a corporation or LLC is structured knows that. That does nothing to refute or mitigate the point about equity, risk and banks loans- 100% financing or not. Well, that's only partially true. Some banks want more equity for non-recourse loans. But that's getting off into the weeds a bit.

Please clarify your rant about the Russian mafia. Do they provide 100% financing? Non-recourse loans? You seem to be making a silly accusation with little to no basis in truth, fact or reality. Do you have any evidence that proves or even strongly suggests Donald Trump has gotten 100% LTV loans from the Russian mob? What exactly is your point- assuming there was one?

Edited by MajarTheLion
left stuff out