Let’s talk tourism

Let’s talk tourism

By The Nation

c10ceb407c0e3ad55ec26134ea23fcf4.jpeg

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) looks to the future of the tourist industry by organising a one-day seminar on June 16 in Chiang Mai to coincide with the Thailand Travel Mart Plus 2017.

The seminar will take place at Chiang Mai International Exhibition and Convention Centre from 8am to 4.30pm and be divided into three groups: tourism and hospitality personnel, academic professionals, and college and university students from Northern Thailand.

“This seminar forms part of the TAT Academy’s mission to help improve Thai tourism personnel and market competitiveness as well as to attract a new workforce for this growing industry. Sessions are carefully planned to ensure useful learning and knowledge-sharing opportunities from senior tourism officials and experienced hospitality professionals. At the end of this one-day event, we hope participants will go home with new perspectives in the field of tourism and travel in the digital era within the Royal Thai Government’s Thailand 4.0 smart-economy framework,” says TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn. 

The sessions will include a keynote address by Yuthasak Supasorn on Thailand’s Tourism 4.0, followed by a special presentation on Digital Marketing by Tirasan Sajatsapas, adviser to Thailand’s Minister of Tourism and Sports. Afternoon sessions will be specially arranged for each of the three groups of participants.

The tourism and hospitality personnel will have the chance to learn tips on hospitality sales and marketing from experts Prachoom Tantiprasertsuk (Dusit International’s vice president of sales) and Supodcha Swetiyaram (Gassan Legacy Golf Club’s director of sales and marketing).

Sujitra Jongchansitto and Tanes Petsuwan, TAT’s deputy governors for domestic marketing, international marketing, will share their experiences and knowledge on destination marketing, how Thailand successfully entices Thais to travel domestically and The Link partnership marketing project.

College and university students can learn about the many employment opportunities that are available in the field of travel and tourism. In addition, participants will get the chance to learn more about marketing information and market research done by the TAT Intelligence Centre from 2002 to the present. The TAT Academy will also have a booth displaying its works and projects.

Find out more at www.TATnews.org

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/life/leisure/30315677

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-20

Talk is cheap you have to SPEND money to make money. We need so much improved transportation for one no not Uber although they are helping somewhat in transportation image improvement. I look at the beautiful tile sidewalks of yester year now repaired with rough concrete patches and wonder if past glories will ever return. The obvious answer is NO

Went for a holiday down south for a week. Ended up validating my take that Thailand is an old gnawed bone with the lovely 10x farang double pricing (pink id did nada) to boot. Next trip will be somewhere outside. And that's what I'll be preaching to anyone asking.

If the Thais want to increase tourism from other countries they should be including some representatives from those countries. But then they would have to hear about issues they really don't want to address. Say police targeting them for "crimes" never committed to collect fines that are never reported, increase entry fees at tourist sights, and target scammers selling nonexistent "sights".

On 5/20/2017 at 4:07 PM, DrTuner said:

Went for a holiday down south for a week. Ended up validating my take that Thailand is an old gnawed bone with the lovely 10x farang double pricing (pink id did nada) to boot. Next trip will be somewhere outside. And that's what I'll be preaching to anyone asking.

Last time I flew back to the states I shared the row with a couple who'd just visited Thailand for the first time.  Their take?  "Never again."  They said they'd been sold on the whole LOS thing, but experienced pretty much just the opposite.  I made the mistake of getting them started, and was treated to a tag-team litany of disillusionment that must've gone on for 90 minutes.  I don't have to guess what they'll be sharing with family & friends.

Interestingly, they included negative mention of the Chinese tourists they'd encountered in Thailand, mostly in groups, and were surprised at the rudeness and loudness.  They said they'd actually travelled to China a number of times and had always been impressed by the warmth and courtesy of the Chinese toward them; city and countryside alike.

Rooster59 must be disappointed about  his responses. With few exceptions most of them are infantile . Probably because they are from farang. My contribution is an exception.

4 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

I'm sure all will be fine. :smile:

shooting+yourself+in+the+foot.jpg

For quite sometime I have wondering how the hell people get pictures so quickly to post on this forum? Like this one is very appropriate and also some others. Do they always have pictures in their computers all standby for any occasions?

9 hours ago, madusa said:

For quite sometime I have wondering how the hell people get pictures so quickly to post on this forum? Like this one is very appropriate and also some others. Do they always have pictures in their computers all standby for any occasions?

Just do a quick Google for pictures of what ever you want

copy image,  resize in ms paint save ,  post on the forum

i dont have a stack of pic's ready to go.:smile:

PS,   it did take 5-10 minutes to find that one.

Edited by stanleycoin

3 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Just do a quick Google for pictures of what ever you want

copy image,  resize in ms paint save ,  post on the forum

i dont have a stack of pic's ready to go.:smile:

PS,   it did take 5-10 minutes to find that one.

Oh, you are good with computers. Are you below the 35 age group? Old old man like me can never figure things out and i just use internet for mails also google for maps and information.

It appears that computer are invented for young people. On the other hand some young people lives are destroyed by computers. I don't understand how anyone could be bully on the facebook. You can always switched them off when you don't fvvk them anymore don't you?

9 hours ago, madusa said:

Oh, you are good with computers. Are you below the 35 age group? Old old man like me can never figure things out and i just use internet for mails also google for maps and information.

It appears that computer are invented for young people. On the other hand some young people lives are destroyed by computers. I don't understand how anyone could be bully on the facebook. You can always switched them off when you don't fvvk them anymore don't you?

Im in my mid 50"s   ( going on 14 )

never touched one till my 30's,   a dam,   job promotion made me do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!