Altercation on the MRT as Thai man tells foreign tourist to “go back your <deleted> country”

rooster59

I always think it's funny when Thai people say to Thai people, "Leave Thailand" when things are not to the status quo. My question is where are they going to go if they could ever leave more than 12 days ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, steven100 said:

I think the Thai guy overreacted ....  the chinese guy probably looked at him a few times and the thai guy took it the wrong way and therefore got upset.

A bit of a jerk if you ask me .....  he was showing off in front of other thais ...

I am sure the chinese guy meant no harm ... and will probably be glad to see arse end of Thailand.

Yeh, I think the "Thai Guy" if you can call him that, sort of a cross between a gay Thai and a Katoy was a little pissed off with the stares he must have been getting from the Chinese guy probably thinking, <deleted> is that....lol

No disrespect to the gays and Katoy's, each to their own, but if I were on the at train, I would have slapped him/her, totally not required and very racist remarks, funny thing is if the Chinese guy didn't restrain himself, I am sure he would have chop seweed his Thai bad ass mouth. 

24 minutes ago, Fulwell53 said:

Did you talk to him the same way that you type?

No wonder the look on his face was 'epic'.

Or does epic mean totally bewildered by what you were going on about.

Quite frankly if you were in my country  making gross, baseless and racist comments about my fellow citizens I would do my utmost to have you arrested for racial incitement and vilification.

Put a few bob in a yob's pocket doesnt alter the fact he is an ignorant imbecile....dont you think?

I made my point, to an arrogant idiot,, is it your assertion that Thai men don't think the world revolves around them? and we tourist's should just hand over our $ at the airport, catch the next return flight home, and save them the "trouble" of having to actually "deal" with tourist's?.. that they are good fathers to the multiple children they spawn?.. That there's not a large number if single Thai women working in Go-go's to support a child/children that the father has NOTHING to do with?,,,,  Is it normal in your country for men to allow, or even push their wifes/gf's into working in go-go's so they can drink Hong Thong at 10am, and STILL feel like they're, "superior"?

I made my point, to an arrogant idiot,, is it your assertion that Thai men don't think the world revolves around them? and we tourist's should just hand over our $ at the airport, catch the next return flight home, and save them the "trouble" of having to actually "deal" with tourist's?.. that they are good fathers to the multiple children they spawn?.. That there's not a large number if single Thai women working in Go-go's to support a child/children that the father has NOTHING to do with?,,,,  Is it normal in your country for men to allow, or even push their wifes/gf's into working in go-go's so they can drink Hong Thong at 10am, and STILL feel like they're, "superior"?

I can't count the number of times I've heard farang with a bit of money in their pockets sitting at tables in a bar here talking down Thai WOMEN, not men. These guys wouldn't be able to find an attractive woman in their own country, but become kings of the hill here, acting as if they are capable, attractive and know it all. Even to the point of putting down Thai men and women, with all kinds of cultural superiority to back it up.

It doesn't impress me. You choose to travel here or live here, show a bit of respect. That's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

24 minutes ago, Adeeos said:

You're mixing with the wrong sort of people. Plenty of Thais treat their wives and families well.

Stop hanging out with pimps and whores.

You are talking out of your buttocks on this subject. Thailand  has a full employment economy to the extent that millions of people from  Cambodia and Myanmar must be allowed in to Thailand to do unskilled labor.
Thailand has an under employment and inefficient use of labor characteristic, but this is very different from unemployment. You forget that a  major part of the economy is given over to agriculture. The hospitality sector is hobbled because of a lack of workers.The manufacturing sector is in a precarious state because the number of males in the age 21 to 35 age segment  has not kept pace with manpower needs. Obviously you are unaware that  birth rates have decreased over the past 25 years, while  mortality due to "accident" and disease has hit this age group hard.

It would seem that you have never grasped the concept of "tongue in cheek"

16 minutes ago, bannork said:

You're mixing with the wrong sort of people. Plenty of Thais treat their wives and families well.

Stop hanging out with pimps and whores.

I do agree,, I know some very, "normal" Thai men that do treat their women well,,  I actually hung out with well, (western) educated,  successful Thai men,, business owners,, that when pressed,, felt the same,,, this convo happened to be in a nice resturant actually,, No pimp or whores in sight,, musta all been in your areas,, you seem to know them well,,, 

Edited by Adeeos

Yeh, I think the "Thai Guy" if you can call him that, sort of a cross between a gay Thai and a Katoy was a little pissed off with the stares he must have been getting from the Chinese guy probably thinking, is that....lol

No disrespect to the gays and Katoy's, each to their own, but if I were on the at train, I would have slapped him/her, totally not required and very racist remarks, funny thing is if the Chinese guy didn't restrain himself, I am sure he would have chop seweed his Thai bad ass mouth. 

Of course some wealthy Thai men act that way as well, but these cultural stereotypes are useless. What impression do you think Thais (men and women) have of Americans, Aussies, Brits and Germans based on the behavior they see of a large perecentage of foreign men who come here for sex and nightlife?

I suspect some of the bashing of Thai men comes from foreign men who only wish they had the same money and opportunities. Alas, the closest they will get is Nana Plaza. Talk about jealousy.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 minutes ago, Adeeos said:

I do agree,, I know some very, "normal" Thai men that do treat their women well,,  I actually hung out with well, (western) educated,  successful Thai men,, business owners,, that when pressed,, felt the same,,, this convo happened to be in a nice resturant actually,, No pimp or whores in sight,, musta all been in your areas,, you seem to know them well,,, 

Plenty of working class Thais treat their wives well- my brothers- in law for example and their kids, now all happily married to fellow Thais.

On 5/20/2017 at 9:30 AM, steven100 said:

I think the Thai guy overreacted ....  the chinese guy probably looked at him a few times and the thai guy took it the wrong way and therefore got upset.

A bit of a jerk if you ask me .....  he was showing off in front of other thais ...

I am sure the chinese guy meant no harm ... and will probably be glad to see arse end of Thailand.

Probably, the Chinese cannot figure out that Thai is a man or a woman.

22 hours ago, CLW said:

I have to defend the Chinese a bit.

When I was backpacking this year in China I conceived them as friendly, helpful and interested to contact foreigners.
Although before I had the worst expectations and opinions about them.
Sure, the have different behaviour and their manners are not on par with western understanding.
But I had no problems at all during my travels.

On the other hand, I don't know how to describe or explain it, the Chinese here in Thailand are different from most of the ones I met inside China.
Probably the same thing you should not judge all English people from the ones you meet at, let's say, Ibiza or Mallorca.
Maybe it has something to do with, that different places/destinations attract certain kind of people.

My (admittedly limited) experience in China was vastly different. I found the PRC Chinese to be unbelievably selfish, loud and rude. Not to mention filthy.

Taiwan was lovely. Friendly, helpful people who queued up at ticket windows, didn't clear their sinuses in the streets and didn't shove me endlessly.

Clearly a cultural and not a racial issue.

22 minutes ago, midzo said:

My (admittedly limited) experience in China was vastly different. I found the PRC Chinese to be unbelievably selfish, loud and rude. Not to mention filthy.

Taiwan was lovely. Friendly, helpful people who queued up at ticket windows, didn't clear their sinuses in the streets and didn't shove me endlessly.

Apparently, there is a difference between main landers and those from Hong Kong. The latter call the former 'Locusts"

On 20.5.2017 at 10:52 AM, Credo said:

There is a huge cultural dissonance between the Thais and the Chinese.   I've ridden on the BTS numerous times when Chinese tourists have gotten on and been very pushy.   On more than one occasion a small group very deliberately pushed people and bumped them with suitcases.   They were often loud, blocked the door, and made it very difficult for people to exit or enter.   In most of these cases, it was unnecessary.  

Public courtesy is the exception rather than the rule with the Chinese.    

It's difficult to believe they are on the same continent.   

China is new York 2

On 5/20/2017 at 10:36 AM, darksidedog said:

Another quality advertisement for Thai Tourism. Thankfully the Thai guy was all mouth and no trousers, so at least no one got hurt.

Another Thai sparrow dressed in crane feathers.

I bet the Chinese guy would beat the crap out of the ladyboy, but we all know what happen in a fight between thai and forgreiner. 

Yes, they seem to be loud and rude to us but still friendly and helpful.
At least what I experienced.
If they shout at you, you can shout back and they don't mind [emoji23]

1 hour ago, midzo said:

Taiwan, Macao and Hong Kong really are separate countries, no matter what the mainlanders claim. They didn't get ravaged by commies.

On 5/20/2017 at 10:03 AM, toenail said:

While the Thai passengers sit there and watch or film the argument with their smart-phones, one Thai gentleman has the "balls" or community spirit to stand between the Chinese man and the crazy Thai lady-boy to keep both from fighting. This is the kind of Thais we need more of...calm and caring--not just sitting and laughing.  Praise goes out to the Thai man (with the black backpack) to care.

I liked the "nodding" approval of the Thai woman next to the  loony when he seeks  support from them..........<deleted>.

Police told me once " its ok to hit someone just 500 baht fine"     its probably  ok until they hit the ground and die from a head injury though.

On 5/20/2017 at 11:11 AM, geriatrickid said:

You are talking out of your buttocks on this subject. Thailand  has a full employment economy to the extent that millions of people from  Cambodia and Myanmar must be allowed in to Thailand to do unskilled labor.

Thailand has an under employment and inefficient use of labor characteristic, but this is very different from unemployment. You forget that a  major part of the economy is given over to agriculture. The hospitality sector is hobbled because of a lack of workers.The manufacturing sector is in a precarious state because the number of males in the age 21 to 35 age segment  has not kept pace with manpower needs. Obviously you are unaware that  birth rates have decreased over the past 25 years, while  mortality due to "accident" and disease has hit this age group hard.

I have heard of "talking out of your azz" and of  "picking figures from the crack of your azz" .I have not heard the word "buttocks" being used. Ah....well.....we all learn something new every day. 

18 hours ago, AboutThaim said:

Hey!  Ease up on advertising your exhorbitant rate of pay!  I live in the country and have no trouble getting casual workers for 300 a day.  Had four blokes build a small home over about 7 weeks at an average of 350 a day each plus beer.

Some small jobs are only a 30 or 60 baht bottle of “whisky Thai”.

There is always that one hating on the rich. :spamsign:

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

agree .... and the thai was just being a real jerk ..... 

Considering the video begins during the altercation, we have no idea how the argument began in the first place. Maybe the Thai man had genuine grievances against the Chinese guy. Somehow, I find it difficult to believe that the Thai man was riled up just because he didn`t like the Chinaman`s face,