Altercation on the MRT as Thai man tells foreign tourist to “go back your <deleted> country”

rooster59

Thailand needs more like the fella in the white shirt and back pack.

He  created the diminution of the conflict and did so for public service. It would have ended differently otherwise.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, mogandave said:

Did everyone casting blame see whatever it was that started it?

Seems to me it had started before the video started rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

It started when the Chinese man got on the train his luggage bumped in to another passenger, the two men finally get off the train and continue to argue and yell at each other in station. 

On 5/20/2017 at 4:52 AM, Credo said:

There is a huge cultural dissonance between the Thais and the Chinese.   I've ridden on the BTS numerous times when Chinese tourists have gotten on and been very pushy.   On more than one occasion a small group very deliberately pushed people and bumped them with suitcases.   They were often loud, blocked the door, and made it very difficult for people to exit or enter.   In most of these cases, it was unnecessary.  

Public courtesy is the exception rather than the rule with the Chinese.    

It's difficult to believe they are on the same continent.   

Yes that's true, PRP Chinese they can be incredibly obnoxious in groups,....regular bock up the isles around swampy airport without giving a S**t about others passengers.

Interestingly when you see the 'mainland' Chinese in Taipei, the Taiwanese can't stand them...they think their ignorant peasants... pushing to get on and off trains, never cuing, and spitting everywhere!

On 5/21/2017 at 5:19 AM, midzo said:

My (admittedly limited) experience in China was vastly different. I found the PRC Chinese to be unbelievably selfish, loud and rude. Not to mention filthy.

Taiwan was lovely. Friendly, helpful people who queued up at ticket windows, didn't clear their sinuses in the streets and didn't shove me endlessly.

Clearly a cultural and not a racial issue.

I said as much in my last post as well....PRC Chinese are like from a different planet to the Taiwanese, but then again their probably told from birth that they live in the greatest country in the world and are superior to an another nationality.

I mean have you ever met an refugee from North Korea, the culture shock must be deadly.

And I know what your thinking...how is that different from Americans?...Well Americans get a (relatively) free press and unrestricted internet access to find out if its not true in advance...lol